Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    1999 Chrysler Town & Country. Owned by an older man with no young kids so it was in excellent condition, especially on the inside. The horizontal surfaces needed some light claying but the swirls were very minimal for the van`s age. I ended up using Optimum Polish with green Cyclo polishing pads and topping with my 80/20 blend of Meguiars #16 and FK`s Pink Wax.

I tried to capture both the metallic flake and the lack of swirls in this shot but the sun caused a lot of glare. You can see the sun spot if you really look.

================

2004 Lexus SC430. Weekly wash customer, last waxed with Souveran in late July. Probably only driven 1000 miles since. Her and her husband are getting a divorce and she is going to be driving the SC more than she was so she said to go ahead and wax it this time. Minimal swirling (only has 7100 miles on it) so Optimum Poli-Seal using a white LC polishing pad did a good job on them. I topped it with Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose Wax.

===============

I had several vehicles to do today. My customer with the huge house and wood paneled garage with 30` high ceilings, XM radio pumped in and an ice machine sold the house and the new owners were taking possession this evening at 6 PM. My son and I arrived at 10 AM and we had his Porsche Cayenne Turbo and wife`s Lexus LX470 to wash and wax, his F-250 to detail, along with the golf cart, plus wash his Kawasaki Mule and John Deere Gator. He was leaving the golf cart, Mule and Gator for the new owners since his new house is on a more normal size plot of land, instead of the 35 acres he had. In addition, the F-250 had to be done by 3:30 PM since he had sold that too (no room at his new place) and the guy who bought it was going to be there at that time to pick it up.

Lucky for us, this guy takes really good care of all his vehicles, I wash either the F-250 or Cayenne every week, plus I go out to his house to at least wash and wax everything (expect the utility vehicles) 5-6 times a year.

I am only posting a quick pic of the golf cart since I`ve posted pics of the Cayenne and F-250 at least a few time and the pics of the LX470 are on the new roll in my camera. I used Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze by hand, followed by Optimum`s Poli-Seal, also by hand on the body of the cart and Armor All applied with a foam hand pad on all the plastic and rubber trim. OPS on the plexiglass.

One last shot of the garage. Not sure if I will see it again but my customer said he`d pass my name along to them. Said they are filthy rich (they paid CASH for the 11,000 square foot house, plus the carriage house (where this garage is), stocked pond, barn, tennis court and 35 acres) and I should charge accordingly!

BTW, he sold the house since it is down to just him and his wife. His kids are mostly done with college and just don`t come home all that often. He and his wife want to travel and they really can`t with their property needing as much attention as it does. He will be renting a house for a year that is a lot smaller and has only a two car garage and really hasn`t decided what he will do after that.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    2002 Honda Accord. A continuation from the interior detail I did on it a few weeks back. Her Dad bought a gift certificate from me for a full detail on her car and the first appointment we scheduled, she only had a couple of hours time so I just detailed the interior. She finally had enough time for me to come back and finish. I knew from the last time I detailed it a couple of years ago, even though it is an `02, it didn`t have a clear coat. It hadn`t been waxed since I had done it in May 2005, so it was beginning to oxidize.

This is after Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze using green Propel lite cut Cyclo pads...and also my son cleaning the wheel and tire.

The left half of the hood is polished as above, the right side untouched. I think you can see the difference in how the wiper blade are reflected on each side.

This is after going over the whole car with #80 and the Cyclo, followed by Optimum Poli-Seal via PC using a white LC polishing pad, and waxed with Meguiars #16.

In the full sun, the brightness washed out the shine and reflection but I also included some shade shots that really show it off nicely.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    amazing work as always scott!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Look great! it hard to see reflection in white, but it does look very offical and if texas is anything like florida there every where. Good luck on getting the new owners.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Nice. Do you find that poli-seal removes swirls? In my experience, with a white pad and PC spd 6, it really doesn`t do anything besides clean the paint and make the surface slick. Even with minimal swirls, it doesn`t even touch them for me. I suppose I could try and orange pad, but then I would rather do OP and separate LSP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Said they are filthy rich ... and I should charge accordingly!

and that`s BINGO!:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by euro
    and that`s BINGO!:bounce
    I dissagree. Most people that rich, aren`t that rich because they are stupid... 90% of the time it is because they are really frugal. They aren`t going to pay threw the nose because they are rich.

nice job scott!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugle
    I dissagree. Most people that rich, aren`t that rich because they are stupid... 90% of the time it is because they are really frugal. They aren`t going to pay threw the nose because they are rich.

nice job scott!

He wasn`t saying they are stupid. People with that amount of money AREN`T very frugal, therefore they don`t mind the pricetag as much.

Post Thanks / Like

nice job scott!

True but they are more willing to opt for extra polishing or layers of wax/sealant.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    its not to common to get a minivan in good condition!! when you do though, dont they just seem sooooo easy?

Post Thanks / Like

nice job scott!

IMO, with all the jobs I`ve seen Scott show on here...I think he`s probably charging too little. Higher prices often reflect higher quality with the rich folks especially when it comes to taking care of their hi-end cars, pets and mistresses (in no particular order) :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott!

Fantastic details as always. All the cars are looking very wet. Hard to do on light colors!

PS: I aggree, Scottwax is the most underpaid detailer on Autopia

Post Thanks / Like
    thehttp://autopia.org/forum/images/smilies/props.gif

y look awesome like the rest of your work

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work like always Scott. I could only dream of ever owning a garage that large. That looks bigger than most people`s homes here in SoCal.

BTW I`ve noticed often in your click and brags about you running out of film or it being on another roll. Are you still using regular film to photograph all your pictures?? That`s gotta be pretty expensive!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoff07
    its not to common to get a minivan in good condition!! when you do though, dont they just seem sooooo easy?

Even better-the 3rd row seat was in his attic. He took it out and stored it there when he bought it.

tdekany-my prices have steadily increased over the last couple of years and I have yet to hear one complaint. Nice thing about my regulars is most of them tip pretty well.

BlackElantraGT-I like using print film because I get the negatives (which typically far outlast a CD), high quality prints for a photo album I carry with me to show new clients, and a picture CD that is made by scanning the negatives. I get a business discount so it costs me $9.16 (tax included) for developing per roll. I go out and spend $500+ on a quality digital camera and at least an equal amount for a good photo quality printer and then have to keep buying paper, I think you can see why I am reluctant to change.
    www.scottwax.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information