Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, feels like I haven`t posted a detail in forever! To tell you the truth, the last two weeks have just been a blur. This one was done the week before Detail Fest. The owner is a real estate agent and finally decided to use me since 3 others do there. He was a hard sale. After finally coming to an agreement, I went to work.

Here`s the process:

Wash & Clay

Used NXT Tech Wash with wash ShMitt along with Meguiar`s Med. Clay. I almost used the entire container of clay on this one!

Engine Bay

This area got a soaking of Purple Power degreaser. I let it dwell on the engine and inner hood for about 5 minutes. I then took my Meguiar`s Versa-Angle wheel brush and scrubbed everything. I followed this up with a blasting from my pressures washer. While still wet, I covered the entire engine bay with Armor All Tire Foam. I then started the vehicle and let run while I cleaned the rest of the vehicle.

Tires and Wheels

The tires and wells were sprayed with Purple Power while the wheels got a soaking of Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener at 4:1. I broke out the rubber gloves and wheel ShMitt and scrubbed the heck out of each tire and wheel. This combo of chemical and tool has never failed me. I then sprayed each tire and well with Armor All Tire foam while wet. After drying and wipe down, the tires recieved a coat fo DP`s Tire Gel. Really easy stuff to apply and I love the matte look it leaves. Dried to the touch as well.

Paint Polishing

Pinnacle`s Advance Swirl Remover

(EDGE2K Yellow Pad at a #5 PC setting)

Tons of tree limb and dog nail scratches here. Swirls were everywhere. ASR did the job though. It removed 75% of all defects and muted out the larger ones. This chemical finished off ready for a final coat of wax. Also, there was no dusting and I had tons of work time even in full sun.

Paint Protection

Pinnacle`s Liquid Souveran Wax

(EDGE2K White Finishing Pad at a #4 PC setting and was removed by hand and MF towel)

I had left my jar of Souveran at home and decided to use the next best thing. This wax goes on so thin.......almost invisible. I use a dime sized amount per panel once my pad is loaded up. I let it dry for about 15 minutes and it came off easily. No dusting either. Just a deep, glossy finish.

Interior Carpets and Leather

(Cleaned carpets and leather with Meguiar`s APC 4:1. Leather was then treated with Wolfgang`s Leather conditioner. All plastic and vinyl was treated with DP`s Total Interior Protectant)

The carpet mats were destroyed and stained. The owner is replacing them Husky Liners so I didn`t spend a lot time on them. I had to wipe down the interior panels and dash 2-3 times to get all the grime out. It was just a dirty vehicle. The headliner and visor were also wiped down and all glass cleaned with DP`s Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner. I cannot get this stuff to streak or fog.

In closing, this was a tough ride to clean. With 120k+ miles on it, it was showing. It only got a bath every 2-3 months and that was a drive thru car wash. The interior, well, I have no idea when it was last cleaned. The good thing is I`m now doing this one every 2 weeks, in fact, I will be cleaning this Monday. Let`s hope it still looks somewhat clean!

Befores......

Post Thanks / Like
    Afters....

Post Thanks / Like
    Interior.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Incredible... I seem curious to ask. Did you end up lowering your normail price for this customer... I hope not...

Another thing too! Start reading the manual for your camera... You could show us soo much more with some better pics. Not that we can`t see the drastic change as it is..

Joy

Quick question: What is that shifter in the center console for?

Post Thanks / Like
    The shifter is for the 4 wheel drive. I got 300.00 for this one. 4 hours work too.

I`ll see what I can do for better pics. It got dark outside when I was leaving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Joy:

Its the transfercase lever (to switch from 2WD to 4WD ect.).

Justin:

Any chance you could post your method as to how you clean carpets with the meg`s APC? I just can`t seem to get it dialed in. Thanks man

And oh yeah, unreal turn around!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I wouldn`t lower my price, especially for a realtor. Being a realtor myself we come up against people trying to lower our commission all the time. Just turn it around to be firm and tell him he of course can find a cheaper detailer but he won`t get the service he gets from you (which is true) and then stop talking and wait for him to talk. This is what he does on listing appointments I promise you.

The secret to negotiating with salespeople is just that, show them you know what you`re worth and believe in the quality of the service you provide. You`ll impress them, and they`ll work with you.

Also being a realtor myself I don`t see how he shows property in a filthy car like that yikes. Great work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Realtors are my main staple of business. I have gotten calls on Sunday mornings needing a quick clean up from many of them. I have most of their credit card numbers on file and just come and clean since most are in a hurry. I bill them later. They simply love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    We`re good people LOL.

As a matter of fact I bet somebody would get a LOT of business at our office. We have a nice big garage with outlets everywhere and there are TONS of really expensive cars. I just know someone in the DC area would make a killing dropping by my office and offering detailing services.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodnClean
    We`re good people LOL.

As a matter of fact I bet somebody would get a LOT of business at our office. We have a nice big garage with outlets everywhere and there are TONS of really expensive cars. I just know someone in the DC area would make a killing dropping by my office and offering detailing services.

For the right price I`d come up there for a couple of days!

Hell I drove 10 hours to Florida last week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job Justin, that was one dirty suv when you started

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2065
    Good job Justin, that was one dirty suv when you started
    Thanks guys for all the compliments!

A breath of fresh air that I`ve needed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work fellow Justin!

I find it somewhat amusing that this guy was a tough sell, yet his truck looks like he is the sloppiest person known to man. How disgusting can that center console get? I don`t get people these days. Ok, end rant...hehe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez, that Sequoia was disgusting!

Excellent turnaround, especially in only 4 hours.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimble

I find it somewhat amusing that this guy was a tough sell, yet his truck looks like he is the sloppiest person known to man.

Always. Clients that want a discount and are hard sells are ALWAYS the most difficult to deal with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information