Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing better to do today so I thought I`d freshen up the underpinnings of the M3....

Post Thanks / Like
    Very clean! Any plans to touch up the anti-roll bar and other areas that appear to be scraped?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! What products/method? Looks brand new!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I like ...I used to do quick details under my engine and front suspension area everytime I changed oil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Very clean! Any plans to touch up the anti-roll bar and other areas that appear to be scraped?

Well, seeing how the car came from the factory with what I believe is a wax based anti corrosion protection sprayed all over the underside of the car I think I`ll probably just leave it alone. I don`t understand why they would apply it so unevenly though. I guess its better than having everything covered in that stuff though. Apparently this is a german car thing as I have not noticed it on other cars.

Quote Originally Posted by silvergray
    Wow! What products/method? Looks brand new!

I pretty much maintain the cleanliness of these areas on a regular basis so each time I go to clean its really not that big of a chore. What I do is jack up the car and mix up some diswashing soap and water and also spray some Simple Green on the parts that I can`t reach by hand. The areas that I can reach get scrubbed with a microfiber towel. I then use a pressure washer to rinse.

This time however, I didn`t use dishwashing soap, simple green or a pressure washer. The wheelwells and undercarriage were still fairly clean since it`s last detail, so all I did was spray a 1:1 mixture of Oil Eater and water and used a combination of a microfiber towel, paintbrush and toothbrush to scrub.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by euro
    This is what I like ...I used to do quick details under my engine and front suspension area everytime I changed oil.

I actually didn`t get to the front of the car yet, but I`ll post some more pics up later today when it is completed.

Post Thanks / Like
    That undercarriage is just as clean as mine:xyxthumbs

Looks good
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking super clean there mate, nice detailing!
    "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; .... "

Post Thanks / Like
    clnfrk- Lookin` great! I`m gonna take a wild guess and say that yours didn`t have as much winter/salt exposure as mine did...your metal isn`t nearly as pitted/corroded as mine. Heh heh, that great-looking rear diff housing makes me jealous!

Yeah, the stuff on the anti-swaybars is a wax-based undercoating. It`ll clean off easily enough with solvent (less easily with degreasers as you probably found out) if you want to get it all off (I`d take it off places where it doesn`t do any real good, but leave it on places where it`ll serve a purpose). They spray it all over, better in some areas than in others. Cleaning it is a tricky trade-off IMO, too aggressively and you take it all off, not aggressively enough and there`s still a lot of dirt stuck to it. If you have a steamer you can do a balaning act with that: heat it enough to soften it but not enough to melt it all off.

Thanks for posting this, I know *exactly* what it`s like to do that job and it`s not easy Nice to see somebody tackling this project and doing it so well.

Thread Information