Post Thanks / Like
    Sitting in my garage can be a dusty dirty place. My car agrees.

This drip appears to have created a rather phallic image!

Poor thing doesn`t get out much, he hasn`t seen the streets in a month! With summer approaching very fast here, combined with daylight savings, its time to get him out there again! Twilight hours are my favourite time. So dramatic and significant. And look glorious reflected in champagne metallic mk2! Lets not let those leaves (and strange boot/trunk penii) stop our fun!

FOAM!

My strongest concentrate yet and it was amazing. Some big squirts of PB Super Slick and Suds and the biggest setting got them floating through the air! This is the aftermath obviously, but I had bubbles floating up off the roof a couple inches wide!

A very easy clean, and thanks to a ww drying microfibre the size of a bus, a very quick dry! The horizontal stainless steel slat grille used to take me a good 10-15 minutes on its own, now it gets done in just a couple. The thing actually EATS the water! Soaks it up in it magnetically. Definitely worth the money!

So he`s clean! Big deal, we wash cars every day, whats to brag about?

It`s been over a year since its last polish

And I just checked, its been since late jan since the last wax!! :nervous:

Thats not autopian at all, I apologise. And neither is the finish! Yet somehow this garage queen (my first car, only just got my second, a DD finally) still looks way better then it should. Mid last year it got a going over with my testing of the Sonus DAS pads (w/local RO), SFX polishes, AIO+SG, topped with P21S. A killer combo that produced exactly the look I was after. Only now I`ve gotten even further into debt, I mean detailing (scarily interchangable at this point!) and have a US PC, Edge 2000 pad kit, Menzerna Polishes (IP and FPII), RMG, OCW, and many more detailing products. I really would like to treat it to a massive full detail, and go to town on it, getting rid of swirls and marring/weird paint oxidation if possible, but heres my dilemma.

Wow, and again

That amazing glow. Its never quite popped like that before (thanks pb`s sss and the foam gun) and thats had no qd or anything! I`m up in arms if I want to go IP, FPII, AIO, RMG, P21S, or just enjoy it. Sure, I could just go from the aio or rmg stage, but lets be serious. Your getting out your detailing gear and deciding against extra shine? On your DD sure, but not your toy!

So please, help me decide if I should follow through with the overdue paint pamper, or just top it with some cozy brazillian tree growth!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hrprem
    ... and thanks to a ww drying microfibre the size of a bus, a very quick dry! The horizontal stainless steel slat grille used to take me a good 10-15 minutes on its own, now it gets done in just a couple. The thing actually EATS the water! Soaks it up in it magnetically. Definitely worth the money!
    Not fair to praise something and not say which one it is. Can you satisfy the curiosity, please?

Post Thanks / Like
    NP! I had it in there then thought I better check before posting and forgot to go back. Its a Poorboys Waffle Weave Drying Towel. Much better then my last drying towel, which was still 20 times better then any chamois I`d seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the swirls etc don`t bother you that much, just Glaze and wax it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you take some full sun shots so we can see the defects you want to remove? It would make it easier to suggest a course of action.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hrprem
    Sitting in my garage can be a dusty dirty place. My car agrees.

This drip appears to have created a rather phallic image!

top it with some cozy brazillian tree growth!
    :funnypost I like your sense of humor haha!

Man what year is that car. Honestly I had no idea what it was until I Googled it for a second. What year model is it, mid 70`s?

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool car. Where are you? Australia, I`m guessing based on the Holden name (GTO was a rebadged Australian Holden).

Nice to see someone taking care of and loving an old car. My guess is that is an early to mid 70`s car, so it probably has lots of single stage on it. Combined with that good color (unless it`s been buffed over and over through the years), whatever defects are bothering you should have a good shot at being remedied.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a 1967 Holden Premier. `HR` model code, with the `x2` sport engine option. A rare australian classic that has been restored late 90s. It has acrylic paint (sprayed with an extra gold coat from a greater distance to increase metallic flake effect apparently) and previous owner said 13 coats (or was it litres?) of clear. Its starting to show its age and quality unfortunately, with some blistering on the rear quarter (last pic), previous owner installed carpark dings and stone chips. Also happened to be the recipient of some hail damage on the bonnet after a freak summer storm rolled in on me unexpectedly! (this car sees no rain) Its amazing how much a car goes through even tho it does about 1000 miles per year!

I`ll grab some swirl/marr shots soon. The aussie sun is not to be messed with this time of year. I`ve gotten sunburnt just driving this car (thanks chrome!). It`ll be around 100 degrees again tomorrow too, sucks that my halogens are bust.

Thanks for the comments though, much appreciated!

Thread Information