Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys

Gave my TT a little TLC yesterday, and of course it rained after!

Anyway, it`s a 13 month old TT coupe in phantom black [metallic] and is pretty good condition as I only wash it by hand, just the old fine scratch/bird dropping etching to remove/minimise.

I`d put some feelers out on Autopia for advice on defect removal by hand on Audi paint as I was getting very far with Meg`s range - scratch x, DC 1&2, NXT liquid wax.

I was recommended the Einszett products so yesterday gave them a go.

Sorry, no before/during pics and the afters were taken on my phone as our camera battery was flat

Process was:

1. Pressure washed with foam attachment using NXT to loosen dirt, rinsed with free flowing hose then wash with lambswool mitt and NXT wash using two buckets & gritguard.

2. Wheels and tyres cleaned with Virosol.

3. Polished with Einszett Paint Polish. Didn`t clay this time and was clayed fairly recently. Now I started using a terry covered applicator initially as Einszett recommend terry cotton over sponge for its cutting power. However, this left a little micromarring so I swapped to a German foam applicator which removed most of it but still left a little so I followed that by using a Meguiar`s even coat applicator which removed the last of it and left the surface very glassy.

4. Paint waxed with Einszett Glanz wax.

5. Tyres dressed with Meguiars endurance gel

6. Tailpipes polished with Autosol metal polish.

Et voila:

Again, sorry for crappy phone camera quality

Some thoughts.

I had some issues getting the finish I wanted with the Paint Polish which came down to applicator selection. However, Paint Polish is a delight to use and you can really feel the abrasives breaking down under you pad. Only one area showed marring from using the cotton applicator and it was this area I followed up with the sponge then microfibre applicators, the rest of the car was fine having used the German sponge appicator.

Glans wax was soooo easy to apply but was quite hard to remove. I think I`d used too much, so will cut back next time - will get a little spray bottle as others have suggested to spray on the applicator.

Overall though I`m very pleased with the results and was surprised by the `wetness` of the finish. Not much sun around yesterday to be wowed by any flake in the paint which is apparantly a Glanz strong point so I`ll keep an eye out for when the sun reappears!

Feedback welcome :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Car looks great and the picture quality is really good for just a camera phone...I`ve neve used Glans Wax so I can`t chime in but I`m sure someone else will
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear (and see) that it turned out so nice. Especially glad you liked the PP, as doing an Audi by hand is pretty tough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestion Accumulator, it did turn out well :2thumbs:

Thread Information