Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    2000 Chevy Camaro. Owned by one of my customer`s sons and the exterior detail was a birthday present for him. Despite no regular washing or waxing, the swirling was very light, mostly it just had a few random deep scratches, paint transfers and lots of bonded contaminents. Clayed, polished with Meguiars #80 and a green Propel lite cut pad and topped with Poorboy`s EX w/caranuba.

==========

2004 Chevy Tahoe. Really excellent shape overall, very minimal swirling, interior needed very little scrubbing.

Woolite/water to clean, Optimum Protectant Plus to dress.

Optimum Polish using green Propel lite cut Cyclo pads, sealed with Poorboy`s EX w/carnauba.

I caught the shadow of something flying over the hood in this first pic.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    2002 Audi A6. This is the one that I spent several hours on back in April due to poor body work and dealership buffing. This time I used the Cyclo hoping to remove some of the deeper defects that the PC couldn`t remove-plus, the owner came out of his wife`s office (she sells medical supplies) at a hospital and some idiot doctor had set his books and paperwork on the trunk lid of the A6 instead of his own Porsche. When my customer approached and asked what he was doing, the doctor mumbled an apology and dragged the books off the trunk lid, leaving several scuffs. Personally, I would have taken all those books and the paperwork and tossed them into the air and let everything scatter in the wind. Probably would have thrown some at the Porsche too.

Anyway, I went with Optimum Hyper Compound using orange Cyclo cutting pads, Optimum Compound using green Propel lite cut Cyclo pads, Meguiars #80 using green Propel lite cut Cyclo pads and topped with Poorboy`s EX w/carnauba. The car is definitely improving, still some really deep stuff that I don`t know if I can ever get out 100% but the owner is thrilled with how much better it looks.

As you can see in this shot, there is still some swirling/hazing on the trunk lid but the bumper is now swirl free. The trunk lid was part of the car that was really messed up due to repainting the right rear fender and buffing that followed. I am going back in mid October to go over it one more time, although probably not as heavy, maybe go with DACP and #80 with green Propel pads.

The hood came out really nice, just a few random scratches left, all seem too deep to remove 100%

Whole car shots:

=============

2006 Mercedes ML350. Brand new, beautiful ceramiclear paint! Werkstatt`s Prime and Acrylic Jett by hand-my kids did this one while I was buffing out their A6.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    2006 Porsche Carrera 4. 288 actual miles, owner decided it really isn`t the car for him, probably going to finish the resto on his 1969 Camaro Z/28 and drive that and his truck for a while until he decides what he really wants. I believe he will be putting the car up on Ebay and wanted me to make sure it looked as good as possible for the pics he was going to take.

I had already used Prime and Acrylic Jett when it was brand new, so I just washed it with Optimum No Rinse and topped with a 50/50 mix of Optimum Car Wax and Werkstatt`s Carnauba Jett (thanks 04Cobra for the suggestion!). Looks really, really wet and goes on and off as easily as OCW alone does.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting for the 67 Camaro...So far great job!
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    The New MLs have ceramiclear paint? My mom is looking into a baby blue one, but im trying to get her to get a white one. I dont want to maintain ceramiclear paint

Post Thanks / Like
    1967 Camaro Convertible. Sorry, not a real SS. Powertrain is a 327 2 barrel with a slip `n slide (Powerglide) automatic. 4 months and a divorce since restoration and the wife got the Camaro and loves the car but is afraid to drive it and leave it anywhere she can`t keep her eyes on it 100% of the time (her husband got their other musclecar, I think she said it was a Challenger). Overall in excellent shape, some light holograms from the otherwise superb repaint.

327 just needed a quick wipedown.

Interior was cleaned with Woolite/water and dressed with Optimum Protectant Plus.

No flash:

I used flash in these two pics because my camera was indicating I should use flash...I think it was wrong because the shots look a little washed out. Still, it gives you an idea how nice the interior is.

I polished the paint with Optimum Polish using a white LC polishing pad and buffed off the excess with a 50/50 mix of OCW and CJ, then applied another layer of OCW/CJ.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beason
    I dont want to maintain ceramiclear paint

Yes you do. Proper washing and it takes a really long time for even light spider swirls to appear.
    www.scottwax.com

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lovin` the f-bods!!! Excellent as usual Scott!
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work on all of them. That A6 and Porsche look super-wet, and it looks like that OCW/CJ combo is working very well. On a side note, do you find cleaning older car`s interiors difficult? I did a 1972 Mercedes 280SL a few weeks back, and the interior was a pain. Nothing ever seems to get completely perfect, and the materials (carpet, all the interior plastic and chrome) are completely different from anything we see in today`s cars, so it just seems plain/difficult awkward to clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    That `67 is mighty fine. I love the first generation f-bodies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Definately go for Ceramiclear
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    excellent work scott...

never heard of the mixing of OCW and CJ.

Post Thanks / Like
    all details gorgeous as usual .

:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderfull.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    What type of Tire Protectant did you use on the Porsche? All the cars look great like usual!
    "Treat every car as if it was your own"

-Every Detailer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information