Post Thanks / Like
    I have been a bit bedeviled by fine scratches on two areas of my car...the painted black trim on my door window frames and the interior wood clearcoat/polycoat.

To start with I tried the outside door frames.

Here is the fine scratches I found on driver side:

I then worked in Zaino Z-5 and let haze:

Good results to show:

Passenger side results (just as scratched):

Closeup:

Interior I used Klasse AIO on wood with usual great results:

I believe I could have used Z-5 on the interior as well but I had just done the AIO last week.

Hopefully this will give you some ideas next time you find fine scratches on interior or exterior trim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great, I have some swirls on my window pillars which look similar to yours, I dont have any z5 laying around anymore. Any other ideas of what I could use or should I break down and buy some more z5? Thanks - Once again great work! I dont think I could ever get sick of looking at the pictures of your lexus and all the hard work you put into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you say you "worked in" Z5, what exactly do you mean? If those scratches are in fact hidden, you have much better luck with Z5 than I have in the past. What`s the secret?!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that they are both a nice temporary fix to the marring.

I would work in some ZPC by hand on both to fully remove. I will be ZPC`ing my iPod by hand this week and posting the results. I`ve let it get pretty bad from sitting in my pocket awaiting for my Vaja to be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    For the interior wood trim; I tried Scratch X and I used Zaino Z5 on the trim. After it feels nice and smooth. However, when the sun is out, on some angles you can still see the small scratch...

Is there any solution to it?
    REVscene.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great.

Joshua...I have had good success with a variety of light polishes on the window pillars - tape of the rubber (if any) and polish away with your PC and a light polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RAG
    Looks great.

Joshua...I have had good success with a variety of light polishes on the window pillars - tape of the rubber (if any) and polish away with your PC and a light polish.

Alright thanks! Cant wait till my baby comes out of storage so I can try out everything I have learned this winter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any other ideas of what I could use or should I break down and buy some more z5? Thanks

I have tried AIO but have not had the same results. I would purchase Z-5 if you want to try it...

I would work in some ZPC by hand on both to fully remove.

I think you are right Sean. I guess I was curious to see how much Z-5 would hide. Quite a lot as it turns out. I may try Z-PC later tomorrow over lunch break.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    Looks great, I have some swirls on my window pillars which look similar to yours, I dont have any z5 laying around anymore. Any other ideas of what I could use or should I break down and buy some more z5? Thanks - Once again great work! I dont think I could ever get sick of looking at the pictures of your lexus and all the hard work you put into it.
    Try another type of glaze. Megs and mothers have some you can get OTC. Or use a light polish like AIO or Scratch X.
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    Also got this nice pic of my hood earlier today...as long as we are in the bragging section.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I noticed my dad`s 06 GS300 has VERY LIGHT marring in the same areas that you have. I think I will try some plexus that I have first, then if that doesnt work try some AIO, then if that doesnt work some Z-PC, and finish with Z5. I will see what works best. The fillers are pretty durable imo so I guess if you can`t remove the marring, hiding them from plain sight is the next best thing.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Thread Information