Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the frame and motor of my 2003 Tundra with 30000 miles. I have always kept the frame and motor clean, but some recent trips have messed up the perfection.

1. cleaned with simple green and old wash mit

2. "shined" with NO-TOUCH extreme shine

Sorry, no befores, did not know it was going to turn out this good

Front Wheel well

Rear wheel well(dont mind overspray on bed bottom)

Rear axle(dont mind the not-shined spare, have taken care of that)

View of the front

Motor(yes it is a v8, most people around here dont think it is)

Thanks for looking

Brandon
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s really great! Do you just climb under there and go at it? Rinse afterward?

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a tire dressing you sprayed on there after cleaning? That`s looking really good for 2 years and 30K...but I guess you don`t have any salt down there like we have here in NJ. I`m beginning to understand why they can`t race at Bonneville anymore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, just got on my creeper with a mit and a rain coat and went at it, had the hose handy to rinse afterward.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great, Brandon!

I wish us Northerners could keep ours that clean (ones that are driven daily).

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great, but I just have to wonder what the point of a clean frame is. I`m not prepared to waste my life being that anal. I have kids to watch grow up. The interior of that truck must be something to behold!
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty
    Looks great, but I just have to wonder what the point of a clean frame is. I`m not prepared to waste my life being that anal. I have kids to watch grow up. The interior of that truck must be something to behold!

To some its a waste, to some its not. Its his particularly priority not anyone elses. Different strokes for different folks i guess. Indeed it is very nice work, but I like you,

would rather spend that time with my child as well

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate that you parents would like to spend time with your kids, but I think you are missing the point of parenthood--those kids can get right into those wheelwells WITHOUT a creeper!

Post Thanks / Like
    [B]WHAT AUTOPIANS THAT DONT WANT TO CLEAN THINGS?

Thanks guys, I like having the clean frame because on vehicles from "redneck-ville" i see mud stains and red frames. I hate that, I wont go "muddin" because of it. It did not really take me that long, maybe 40 min including drying time. Like I said, it was *fairly* clean to begin with, just lookin a little grey.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    I appreciate that you parents would like to spend time with your kids, but I think you are missing the point of parenthood--those kids can get right into those wheelwells WITHOUT a creeper!

Sweet! I`ve got two of them little creatures. This ought to cut my detailing time down DRAMATICALLY! (As soon as they`re old enough to follow directions.)

Brandon1 - I didn`t mean to come off as I did. I`m just amazed sometimes when someone ups the ante like that on Autopia. Just when you think you`ve seen the nicest detail, something like your pic pops up and makes me pause.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Brandon , I thought that you didn`t do undercarriages. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Amazing what a little Simple Green can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! I do my undercarage on my TA about 4 times a year, thats a PITA cause I gotta jack it up. I gotta do my tundra`s undercarage one of these days.

Oh, heres a funny story, at my job (oil changer) a guy came in with a 02 (I think) Pontiac Vibe that he was beyond anal about, this guy cleaned his undercarrage every week and used grease, yes grease, to shine everything up under it. He also washes the exterior 3 times a week and cleans the interior once a week and takes the wheels and tires off once a week and cleans them and adds tire shine to both sides and cleans his engine compartment once a week. This guy was nuts!!! And he had no idea what products he uses and he cleans his car with a wet and dry towel (no soap!), when I pulled it out in the sun, lol, you can tell he didn`t know what he was doing! I tried to sell him my polishing service to take care of the swirls and he said that it shows that its protected, lmao, I just said ok because I didn`t want to talk to the crazy guy anymore.
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks everyone, just tryin to show onemore aspect of detailing that i dont hear alot of on autopia.

LOL-yeah, I only like to work on mine b/c I know what kind of dirt mine has to offer!
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontman43
    Looks great! I do my undercarage on my TA about 4 times a year, thats a PITA cause I gotta jack it up. I gotta do my tundra`s undercarage one of these days.

Oh, heres a funny story, at my job (oil changer) a guy came in with a 02 (I think) Pontiac Vibe that he was beyond anal about, this guy cleaned his undercarrage every week and used grease, yes grease, to shine everything up under it. He also washes the exterior 3 times a week and cleans the interior once a week and takes the wheels and tires off once a week and cleans them and adds tire shine to both sides and cleans his engine compartment once a week. This guy was nuts!!! And he had no idea what products he uses and he cleans his car with a wet and dry towel (no soap!), when I pulled it out in the sun, lol, you can tell he didn`t know what he was doing! I tried to sell him my polishing service to take care of the swirls and he said that it shows that its protected, lmao, I just said ok because I didn`t want to talk to the crazy guy anymore.

This one needs to be on that crazy car washing stories thread. Whoa!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information