Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rjom
    Re the CGW&G...wouldn`t you be concerned that leaving that mixture on the paint for five minutes would erase the LSP? That is strong stuff.

CG Wash and Gloss? I dont think its strong, Bug and Wash is and that was only left to diminish, not something I would use on a protected car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just done another wee test, newer shampoos.

Ok guys, here is the final instalment this time I am using the Foam Lance with a karcher. I have soft water so you may have to change the amount of shampoo used. Each product has about 5 minutes to dwell on the surface. The idea behind this is which product dwells the best, does it add anything to the paint, does it take away anything, is it a nice consistency etc.

This time I used hot water to evenly disperse the solution with the container, this should help with even dispensing, i.e. no globs or gloops.

The foam lance in general has better foaming properties and also with respect to the karcher Ă‚£10 foamer and Gilmour the foam last longer, I feel both the karcher and gilmour add TOO much water even at 1:10 ratio on the gilmour, therefore I only use my gilmour for suds while actually washing the car.

The tools needed

First up we have Hyper wash, I expelled one pump (30ml) but this didn`t give the desired effect, so I put another pump in and we were good to go. I felt hyper wash was not lubed enough even at 60ml through the foam lance, which was strange considering the foam but when I felt the surface of the car it was sticking i.e. not allowing me to glide my hand over it.

Next a favourite shampoo plus, very lubed wash, good size container one of my winter washes. Good foam, not as thick as hyper wash but a slicker feel to it. The actual shampoo is thinner in consistency so I wasn`t really expecting it to cling to the paintwork for long. Good shampoo maybe just not geared up for a pre-wash. Did leave the paint brighter and glossier.

Chemical guys wash n gloss, what can I say this is a real contender here excellent foam, excellent cleaning properties, nice and glossy, lubed wash, it ticks all the boxes. Still clinging on even after five minutes!

Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II

Ok so same again, very good foamer, just lacks slightly in the finish, apart from that it is 2nd in this contest.

Next up is a higher end shampoo zymol cleanse, not much to say, poor foam, poor longevity, poor slickness. Shame as I thought this might perform better in the foam lance.

Now 1z perls shampoo, the monthly gloss enhancing shampoo from 1z. Promises quite a lot, very thin shampoo almost water like but it doesn`t deliver the foam however it does help with the gloss and also leave some form of protection (good when Im testing all these shampoos!) You can see the protection forming on the windows, similar to a rinse aid. Didn`t last long but I feel this would be good for a wax`d finish when using a bucket as it would enable water to sheet off easier.

The final entry for today is 1z Exclusiv, the weekly shampoo, much better foaming, very nice smell too! Struggling to stick to the windows after 1z Perls. Left a nice glossy finish and didn`t appear to strip the Perls protection so ideal for a soft nuba`d garage queen, since it isn`t damaging the wax.

Now I have put this aside, as I feel snowfoam isn`t in the same category so it would be unfair to test side by side. Instead I tested snowfoam with the karcher foam gun, the foam lance and Gilmour foam gun.

Foam Lance

After 5 Mins

Karcher foam gun

After Mins

Gilmour

After 5 Mins

All that foam even with klass sg and collolnite 476s it struggled.

Ok so next one is the Autoglym consumer wash .

I used 4 ounces in the foam lance, about 7:1 I think.

If you look to the left hand wing, I have zymol titanium on this, the soap can`t even stick to it :LOLOL excellent !

It doesn`t really clean very well, it is slick and would be fine in a bucket I imagine obviously just not suited to the foam lance.

Thanks, John. P.S. look at this for a beading shot !

Any questions or if any manufacturers/members want me to try their shampoos of choice fire me a PM.

P.S. I have to add at this point, there is not SET way or SET dilution to use in your foam lance, my water is very very soft and so I can get away with lower dilution ratios. Finally, it`s also just a bit of fun cos I had too much shampoo

Post Thanks / Like
    have you tried DP extreme foam ?? green and smells like mint, i use it in my gilmour foam gun and i like the results

Post Thanks / Like
    Not tried DP, ill put that on my list once I have went through my other shampoo`s lol!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information