Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a few days off work and have decided to give the 182 some attention. Its been used a bit more than normal in the last few weeks and I had not really had any chance to detail it until today. Went out in this morning for a spirited drive and to drive a recommended supposed good local road!

Spent all afternoon and some of the evening ( Lucky the better half is seeing her mates today ) starting the detail. I really wanted to pull off the wheels and do them properly but knew this would take away time from the rest off the car, and the main purpose off the detail was to try the UPP I got off a Fellow Autopian after I asked if anyone had any I could try in the UK. Craig (Pugoman) was kind enough to sell me a spare bottle and I am glad he did, cheers again.

Progress and Process so far.

Jack up car Wheel by wheel, to allow best access to wheel wells and inside of the wheels. Pre Soak, Wash and dry wheel arches with Cheap Halfords own car shampoo. No point using expensive stuff for grunge work. With the car raised and wheels free to rotate the inside of the rims came really clean.

Wash the car with NXT, rinse and Dry

Vanilla Moose - Sonus Green or SFX White Spot Pad by PC

Red Machine Glaze - Sonus Blue or SFX Blue Spot Pad by PC

After one Panel I could not really see any difference in using RMG over the VM, so I then did half and half on the next panel and there was a small difference, slightly darker and wetter, and then the sun came out and wow a real difference. VM seemed to polish nicely by Polishing pad to, which was nice. Cleaned up the paint to a really nice gloss.

Applied UPP by hand

Glass cleaned with AG Fast Glass

Tyre Dressed with AG Rubber Plus

First time with UPP doing a full detail, akin to WG to apply, spread really well and thin with a clearkote Blue MF applicator. This stuff really is easy off, let it sit for 30, and it wiped off so easily with a Pakshak MF. One off the easist to use sealants ever IMO. On black it gives a slightly different look to what I am used to. Not as Carnuba like as WG or EX, but still quite deep and wet, just not as warm looking. It was clear and wet and did not mute the small gold mettalic flakes that WG and EX seem to do. I am impressed by this and the finish but will likely top to get the Carnuba glow with Souveran I expect just hoping it does not mute the flake. Also very,very slick. Will get another layer off UPP on first though, and maybe try UPP x2 then a coat of Wolfgang as Rob another UK Autopian had done.

Pics time sorry was getting late, and the sun was low. So no Flake shown in the shots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a few days off work and have decided to give the 182 some attention. Its been used a bit more than normal in the last few weeks and I had not really had any chance to detail it until today. Went out in this morning for a spirited drive and to drive a recommended supposed good local road!

Spent all afternoon and some of the evening ( Lucky the better half is seeing her mates today ) starting the detail. I really wanted to pull off the wheels and do them properly but knew this would take away time from the rest off the car, and the main purpose off the detail was to try the UPP I got off a Fellow Autopian after I asked if anyone had any I could try in the UK. Craig (Pugoman) was kind enough to sell me a spare bottle and I am glad he did, cheers again.

Progress and Process so far.

Jack up car Wheel by wheel, to allow best access to wheel wells and inside of the wheels. Pre Soak, Wash and dry wheel arches with Cheap Halfords own car shampoo. No point using expensive stuff for grunge work. With the car raised and wheels free to rotate the inside of the rims came really clean.

Wash the car with NXT, rinse and Dry

Vanilla Moose - Sonus Green or SFX White Spot Pad by PC

Red Machine Glaze - Sonus Blue or SFX Blue Spot Pad by PC

After one Panel I could not really see any difference in using RMG over the VM, so I then did half and half on the next panel and there was a small difference, slightly darker and wetter, and then the sun came out and wow a real difference. VM seemed to polish nicely by Polishing pad to, which was nice. Cleaned up the paint to a really nice gloss.

Applied UPP by hand

Glass cleaned with AG Fast Glass

Tyre Dressed with AG Rubber Plus

First time with UPP doing a full detail, akin to WG to apply, spread really well and thin with a clearkote Blue MF applicator. This stuff really is easy off, let it sit for 30, and it wiped off so easily with a Pakshak MF. One off the easist to use sealants ever IMO. On black it gives a slightly different look to what I am used to. Not as Carnuba like as WG or EX, but still quite deep and wet, just not as warm looking. It was clear and wet and did not mute the small gold mettalic flakes that WG and EX seem to do. I am impressed by this and the finish but will likely top to get the Carnuba glow with Souveran I expect just hoping it does not mute the flake. Also very,very slick. Will get another layer off UPP on first though, and maybe try UPP x2 then a coat of Wolfgang as Rob another UK Autopian had done.

Pics time sorry was getting late, and the sun was low. So no Flake shown in the shots.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

All in all a good combo on black I think, will try and get another UPP layer on tommorrow, do multiple layers add to the look with UPP?

Cheers

Rich

Post Thanks / Like

All in all a good combo on black I think, will try and get another UPP layer on tommorrow, do multiple layers add to the look with UPP?

Cheers

Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice...good work! reading your review on UPP makes me want to try some out :grinno: ...nice job...
    "God made turbo lag so V8`s could keep up!"

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice...good work! reading your review on UPP makes me want to try some out :grinno: ...nice job...
    "God made turbo lag so V8`s could keep up!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, all the reviews I read on here made me need to do the same!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, all the reviews I read on here made me need to do the same!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, that thing looks soaking wet! VERY nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, that thing looks soaking wet! VERY nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent detail, is the Autoglym Rubber Plus the same as Vinyl & Rubber Care or Instant Tyre dressing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent detail, is the Autoglym Rubber Plus the same as Vinyl & Rubber Care or Instant Tyre dressing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow nice detail, very wet looking. Great metallic shot.
    2010 Nissan 370Z

Superior Auto Care

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information