Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with the Eclipse GSXs is that they all seem to be riced out and/or abused. Plus it seems like everybody has one.

I guess one of the main requirements I have is to have 4 doors. I`ll be moving 1500 miles in a couple years, so I`d like to have some space in my car. We might end up taking a U-Haul anyway though.

Naperville was full of way too much development. That`s one of the reasons we moved. Every time I go back it seems like the stoplights go for another 5 miles!
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I just picked up a 2001 Protege MP3 in blue this past weekend as my new daily driver. I haven`t giver her the "treatment" just yet, but we`ve got some good weather in the forcast these next few days, so it should be doable.

On a side note, I`m building a house out in Yorkville, which is about 10-15 mins past Naperville on 88. ironic, eh?
    Current Rides:

2008.5 Crystal White Mazdaspeed3 (mine)

2008 Ford Edge Vapor Silver (wife`s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome. Beautiful color on a beautiful car! I had the honor of driving a 300+WHP MP3 a while back....what a blast.

Enjoy the car, and please post pics.
    Paul...

Honolulu, Hawaii, Land of $6-per-gallon milk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Paul!

Been awhile...

Just an FYI on the Subaru wheel fitment, correct me if I`m wrong, but I think your Protege`s bolt pattern is 4x100, while all late-model Subarus are 5x100, so that`s a no-go there...

There are a couple other issues to contend with, even if the bolt pattern matched, as I am finding out with my various wheel experiments. First is offset, as was mentioned earlier. Second is the size of the center hole; Mazda, at 54.1 mm, has the smallest center hole of all the imports, so a hub-centering ring may be needed for many 4x100 wheels to center the rim properly and take some of the stress off the wheel studs.

Good news is... Subarus now come with 16" alloy wheels from the factory (Imprezas/WRXs, Foresters, etc.), so you don`t have to worry about wheel-shopping for a while if you go with that make.

Good luck to you, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Craig
    "Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!" - Conan the Barbarian, on what is good in life

Current ride: 1992 Toyota Cressida, last of the great ones, RWD rules, baby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White95Max
    The problem with the Eclipse GSXs is that they all seem to be riced out and/or abused. Plus it seems like everybody has one.

I guess one of the main requirements I have is to have 4 doors. I`ll be moving 1500 miles in a couple years, so I`d like to have some space in my car. We might end up taking a U-Haul anyway though.

Naperville was full of way too much development. That`s one of the reasons we moved. Every time I go back it seems like the stoplights go for another 5 miles!

Go for a 1997-2001 Audi B5 A4 or a newer B6 (will be more expensive). You can get the 1.8T engine (150hp or 200hp with a $350 chip), 5 sp, AWD, and the options for a wagon. I used to own a 90` TSi AWD and a 96` TSi FWD and the Audi is far superior in handling and AWD performance. Plus, you can get the cold weather package that has heated seats, heated mirrors, ski-bag pass through (sedan). Audi also has an 8 or 10 year unlimited mileage corrosion warranty.

Parts are pretty cheap since you can source them from VW dealers/evendors (B5 Passat).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White95Max
    Awesome. Beautiful color on a beautiful car! I had the honor of driving a 300+WHP MP3 a while back....what a blast.

Enjoy the car, and please post pics.

click on my thread that I just started, with pics from today.

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...otege-mp3.html
    Current Rides:

2008.5 Crystal White Mazdaspeed3 (mine)

2008 Ford Edge Vapor Silver (wife`s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Job on the headliner. That`s a touchy area to clean. Dri Wash n Guard makes a NEW product called Dri wash and Guard GREEN! It`s a concentrate. 2 small cap fulls (1oz) with water in a spray bottle will make 16oz. of a great cleaner for headliners, cloth and leather seatting. It also works like Folex for carpets, I think it far exceeds the Folex!

Post Thanks / Like
    i use brake parts cleaner on bad headliners! well that is if my vapor steamer won`t get it

Post Thanks / Like
    this thread deserves a bump.

Whitemax, did u ever get around completely removing/treating all oxidized parts in your engine bay? I see some brackets and other things that have rust/oxidation in them. Im in the process but its a really demanding job seeing as all you can do is sand/polish by hand. Piece by piece....

Post Thanks / Like
    Considering he posted this way back on 05` I highly doubt he`s even still around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maxy`s still around. He`s been busy graduating college, getting a job, a wife, an apartment, and trying to write a book. He still posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the brackets are terribly oxidized, and there isn`t enough room to access some of the pieces. I think I`d need to use a Dremel tool with a little polishing wheel or something. I haven`t found the time to do it. Like Setec said, I`ve been pretty busy lately.
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    White95Max- Hi, Paul! Hope all is well, nice to see you`re still checking in here from time to time

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, believe it or not, I`ll be working on detailing a 2007 F150 today! And maybe a little bit on my own car too.
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    White95max, excellent turn around I`m especially impressed with your job on the interior.

HOWEVER, as for every post around page 6 and 7 concerning the temperature.

It is finally my turn to laugh, being from Texas i find 40F quite chilly, but the temperatures yall mentioned, the 95F, absolutely lovely i could run around all day out there w/o breaking a sweat, so suck it up.

and w/ that i`m done haha.

Seriously though i am really impressed w/ a job like that
    Acupuncture...a jab well done

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information