Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    2003 BMW X5 4.6is. I used to clean this one regularly but his company is doing the sprinkler systems for the new terminal at DFW and the upcoming new TI Plant so he has been super busy. I clean his mother`s SL500 monthly, but only have seen the X5 in passing and it looked dirtier each time.

As you can see by this before shot of the wheels, it hadn`t been cleaned in a while.

After cleaning with Long Haul`s Truck Degreaser and Bug Remover:

Whole shot of the X5 after cleaning the wheels but before washing it:

After polishing with Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze and a Meguiars polishing pad and waxing with Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose Wax using a Meguiars finishing pad.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    thats amazing, not much more i can say
    04 pathfinder CarDomain page:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2430502

Post Thanks / Like
    What are your opinions on the Long Haul brand?

great work as always.

Post Thanks / Like
    2002 Lexus RX300. One of several vehicles I`ll be doing for a law firm over the next few weeks. Not in too bad of shape other than some light spider swirls and bird bomb etchings. I used Clearkote`s Vanilla Moose with a Meguiars polishing pad and finished with Carnauba Moose with a Meguiars finishing pad.

Sorry I only have two pics and the whole vehicle shot is kind of crappy. She had to leave pretty much as soon as I finished so I only had time for these two shots.

=============

2004 Lexus LS430. I waxed it late last summer when it was brand new. Not sure how it has been cared for since but the spider swirls were pretty minimal. No choice but to do this one in the direct sun. No shade on that side of the building until around 4 PM in the summer and he needed to leave at 3:15 PM. Period. He walked out to the car at 3:16 PM to leave! Clearkote`s Vanilla Moose with a Meguiars polishing pad. Worked very well to remove the light swirls, some paint transfer since the car is single stage black. No dusting problems, VM stays wet a long time even on hot black paint. Makes it very easy to work. Finished it off with Poorboy`s EX w/carnauba. Absolutely no dusting and wiped off like the paint was cool to the touch.

When the customer came out to leave, he said he`s seen diamonds that don`t shine as nicely.

Probably the best reflection shot I`ve ever taken!

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    2005 Acura TL. Pretty new car, been washing it monthly since spring. I mentioned last time I washed it that it needed to be waxed, so when he called this time, he said to wax it. My version of "do you want fries with that" really pays off!

Paint was in excellent condition, I had polished off a paint transfer a few months back so nothing other than Klasse AIO with a Meguiars polishing pad was needed to prep the paint. Applied Jeff`s Werkstatt Acrylic Jett by hand.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by truzoom
    What are your opinions on the Long Haul brand?

great work as always.

Pretty good OTC line-up. The Polish/Wax is one of the better one step cleaner waxes I have used. The QD is great for general duty and I really like the Degreaser. The wash is decent but no better than stuff you can buy by the gallon for the same price as their 28oz bottle.
    www.scottwax.com

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really enjoy looking at the TL. Just a beautiful car. With a scottwax detail,its just that much better to look at !!
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job on all the cars as always. The brake dust on the BMW was horrible but you cleaned them up nicely. What is your thoughts on Carnauba Moose and EX. How do they compare in terms of look and how long they last.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by series1
    Great job on all the cars as always. The brake dust on the BMW was horrible but you cleaned them up nicely. What is your thoughts on Carnauba Moose and EX. How do they compare in terms of look and how long they last.

Both have a deep wet look but EX is easier to use in the direct sun. You can use CMW on very warm paint but you can get some light dusting if the paint is hot.

When maintained by QEW washes and occasional QDing with Quikshine, I can get 4-5 months of beading, slickness and excellent appearance from both.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

Probably the best reflection shot I`ve ever taken!

dear lord thats incredible

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, again, more work i can aspire to. Very very nice. What did you use on the x5`s black trim, looks nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcbho
    wow, again, more work i can aspire to. Very very nice. What did you use on the x5`s black trim, looks nice.

Armor All. Used it on the wheel wells and tires too.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    cool, the second pic of the rx300 is just amazing, my jaw dropped when i first saw that.

this one:

Post Thanks / Like
    the more I see your work the more I just want to drive to over one day just to have you do my car and see you work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work Scott! :2thumbs: I`ve been using Long Haul for the past month and I too am very pleased with their line. I`ve been using their truck gloss after every wash and it gives that extra boost of shine that customer`s love! Their truck polish is awesome. Period.

With all the heat and blazing sun around here, I think I better get re-stocked with some more Poorboy`s and Clearkote products!
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information