Post Thanks / Like
    As a way of introduction, I thought I`d post up a few pics. I`ve been doing the whole detailing thing for a few years, focusing on friends and family and some neighbors, but have gotten the bug really bad this year and been branching out. I`m a freelance web designer and photographer, so when business is a little slow, I schedule detailing. It`s therapeutic.

Great forums. Great advice. Thanks!

So, on to the pix (sorry, not really any "befores" but I`ll make sure to do that from now on!)

Neglected 3-yr old, never waxed, kid-getter

-Clay

-3m PI3000 SMR (orange sonus via DA)

-Z5x2, Z2Pro, Z8 in-between (hand)

Decent, but lacking pop originally

-Clay

-3m PI3000 SMR (green sonus DA)

-Meg #7 (green sonus DA)

-Z5x2, Z8 (hand)

[b]my own car, which I`m pretty good at keeping up with (5yrs/76k miles, no PC treatment required )

- multiple coats of z5, z2, z2pro, z8 topper

- recently treated interior with 303 protectant after 5 years of nothing but a damp rag (wow!)

I`ve got a number of other cars lined up in the next couple of weeks, including the first client`s 04 E55, a couple BMWs and Benz... I`ll do the whole before/after thing with those!

Thanks again for making a great forum. I`m glad I`m here

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

Those pictures sure look fantastic. Awesome reflections.

Post Thanks / Like
    animes2k, welcome aboard.

Great pictures and I like that house in the background.
    Heading towards "obsessed" - Got Orbital, been to my Detailing Workshop and now understand Orbital & Clay

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow very stunning

I see you use the 3000 SMR. I have only tried it a couple times with the PC, and found it to be pretty decent, wipes off easy enough, but it dusts more then i like.

How does it work for you?

Oh ya, i didnt know zaino can go over #7, or is it just the z2pro ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

Vehicles look great!

Where in MD are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    tdekany: thanks! ever feel like giving some rotary lessons?

hemi57: I like that house, too... The client (originally a design client) has a lot of friends with nice cars, so I`m hoping for some referrals. He spent this past weekend with his friend in NY who owns a Carrera GT... if only he was local

JBM: thanks! I do like the 3000SMR quite a bit, but find it to be pretty dusty as well... Probably something having to do with the VOC requirements. As far as Zaino over #7, I hadn`t even considered it to be a problem, but I`ll keep a close eye on that car.

GSR: thanks too! I`m around Rockville. Plenty of money and nice cars to work on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by animes2k

[B]tdekany: thanks! ever feel like giving some rotary lessons?

You don`t want lessons from me! You want to learn the RIGHT way

PS: We should meet once though. We are no too far from each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice car!

Good job on the green car especially. POP!

Also, awesome pictures!

Welcome!

-Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tdekany

You don`t want lessons from me! You want to learn the RIGHT way

PS: We should meet once though. We are no too far from each other.

hehe... yeah, we should. maybe if you`ve got a detail job up this way I could stop by... if you do mobile work.

Thanks, Rob. How you like that WRX? My fiance has been aching for a WRX wagon for a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by animes2k

hehe... yeah, we should. maybe if you`ve got a detail job up this way I could stop by... if you do mobile work.

Thanks, Rob. How you like that WRX? My fiance has been aching for a WRX wagon for a while...

I am mobile - send me an e mail with your # and I`ll call you if I am in that area.

e mail address - info@foodforyourblood.com

Thomas

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it! Sometimes (especially when mobile detailing) i REALLY wish i had gotten the wagon.

I bought my 02 for 17.5k with 27k on the odo. Running perfectly and new mods are coming all the time. I am infinetly content with it. AWD RULES for winters!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by WrxRob513

I love it! Sometimes (especially when mobile detailing) i REALLY wish i had gotten the wagon.

I bought my 02 for 17.5k with 27k on the odo. Running perfectly and new mods are coming all the time. I am infinetly content with it. AWD RULES for winters!

I wouldn`t mind AWD, the S2000 doesn`t exactly do "well" in snow, even with dedicated snow tires, but much better than the Proxes T1s`s I keep on in the summer

Not to mention trying to fit everything I need into the trunk and passenger seat. I`ve only got a 3hp shopvac now, which fits, but... Both for mobile detailing and for photo shoots, I need the room - you wouldn`t imaging just how much stuff you need for a shoot, especially if you`re doing a paper backdrop... I transported a couple home sticking out of the S2000`s passenger area with the top down... amusing, for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. I had a photographer friend that fit all of his equipment including a BG in his sedan, but he has a Legacy GT now, which has a larger trunk.

I wish i had an S2k on warm days though. They are truly amazing cars as well. If i could afford a roadster/summer car i would take one over almost all of the competition.

Oh and be prepared to become proficient in paint repair if you want the suby to stay pristine as a DD. Suby paint is SOFT and chips very very easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it being the gf`s DD will be the biggest challenge in keeping the paint clean I just wetsanded and primered a spot last night where she`d nailed a wall with the rear fender (luckily just a 97 Tercel). I`m perfecting my touchup work before I start on my own car

Thread Information