Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys...havn`t posted here in awhile but business is finally picking back up here in Ohio. Had a pretty good march but most of my photos have been relegated to indoors due to inclimate weather. Finally got a little sun on a day I did a detail so I took some photos and thought that I`d share.

Car 2001?? Mercedes E320 90K miles

Process:

Wash Zaino Z7

SSR2.5 white pad

SSR1 white pad

Zymol HD cleanse (by customer request...customer provided)

Zymol Carbon paste wax (by customer request...customer provided)

Pinnacle Crystal Mist QD

Meguiars high endurance on tires

303 on dash and vinal

Zaino Z10 on leather

All in all I`m very happy with the way this car turned out. For a 90K mile car the paint is exceptionally clean. Customer requested that I use Zymol products that I`ve never used before. The HD cleanse is alot like AIO as far as I can tell but I believe that it had a little oil content in it. Couldn`t tell a difference in the finish over the SSR1...maybe even a bit less gloss if you ask me. Zymol Carbon paste wax. Bit of a pain in the butt to use but not terrible as far as caranuba`s go...whoever sold him this stuff did a great job because I couldn`t convince him to go for the Pinnacle Soveran paste that I really wanted to put on the car. Went over everything with Pinnacle Crystal Mist in the end becuase some of the paste wax was being stubborn with removal so I wanted to make sure there wasn`t any residue left over.

Enjoy the pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Audi,

Welcome back...been wondering where you have been. The Benz looks awesome!
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve still been lurking here and there....but between a new full time job (software development) and the winter there hasn`t been a ton of detailing going on.

Oh...and I purchased an M3 which has been consuming more than a little of my internet time as well!!!...it`s good to be back and I look forward to contributing on a more consistant basis now.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by AudiOn19s

I`ve still been lurking here and there....but between a new full time job (software development) and the winter there hasn`t been a ton of detailing going on.

Oh...and I purchased an M3 which has been consuming more than a little of my internet time as well!!!...it`s good to be back and I look forward to contributing on a more consistant basis now.

Andy

Congrats!!!!!!!!

Is the M3 new? Pictures?

I`ve seen tons of them around where I live in the last few days. Warm weather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SilverLexus

The Benz looks awesome!

I second that.

Pictures should be a bit larger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Carbon may have been a PITA to work with but it sure looks like the car turned out terrific! Probably would have looked just as good with Souveran and saved you some trouble though.

I`m not suprised the car is holding up well, I have a customer with a 96 that still looks great. You maintain those E-Classes and they will look terrific for years.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tdekany

I second that.

Pictures should be a bit larger.

I`m not sure if it`s because of the settings on my camera...but that`s the lagest that I can get the shots and keep them under 300K which is all that will upload to this site.

My M3...new to me..but not brand new. `02 Alpine White with Imola Red interior. I posted some pictures about a month back...and will post more in the next few weeks when I get my suspension and exhaust installed.

Thanks for the comments guys...great to be contributing again to this forum.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    The Car kook awesome.

How would you compare Zymol with other waxes like P21S and Souvern?
    Detailing is not an obession, its a way of life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well at first i really hated it because the owner provided the wax and the applicator was soo saturated with wax that it was impossible to get a thin coat...once I got a more acceptable amount of wax on the applicator and figured out exactly how long it needed to sit before being removed from the paint it was no more difficult to work with than P21S. Not as easy as Soveran but by the end of the car when I finally figured it out it wasn`t too bad at all.

Also it was leaving small dots/deposits on the paint even after proper removal and I`m not sure if it`s because it was a little older or again if this was primarily a problem on the areas that I was unable to apply it thinly. I had to follow with Pinnacle Crystal Mist QD in order to remove the small dots.

Visually...it`s on par with P21s.

Thread Information