Thread: MG TF detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Well this one was a bit of a mess to start with. I had detailed it about January, #16 held up very well, I was very impressed. It was still beading after I washed it.

The process was

Armour All Bug and Tar shampoo (smells like lime)

Intensive Tar remover (really needed it badly)

Clay whole car with Gold class lube

DACP on meguiars red pad @ 5.5/6 on PC where needed

AG EGP

Nattys

I did try a combination of waxes on each panel to see which looked best and AG EGP was very wet, and good depth, P21s looked wet but not much depth ?? Nattys well that looked very wet and deep! #16 similar to nattys but not as wet. Glanz kinda looked lifeless to say the least ??

Carpet and interior was pretty messy! Including the perspex window was very cloudy this thing took some polishing with Plastix and it look good as new, very suprised!

Just scrubbed the soft top/rag top with some Gold class and it came up well as it had been treated with autoglym twins (cleaner and protector) I guess a month or so back.

The wheels on this thing were horrible but they came up very well with little scrubbing needed, I used the professional wheel cleaner meg`s do.

We have a saying in Glasgow that if something is rough or in rough condition then it is "As rough as a badgers ***" and this completely applied to this paintwork it was so very rough and tar galore, difficult to see in this pic cos of the build up of dirt.

Overall view of what I was dealing with now onto the good pics :xyxthumbs

Armour all semi matt was used in the interior to dress the dash etc, leather was Gold class and was cleaned with Extractor and a mixture of some hardware store own brand stuff and meguiars carpet and interior cleaner.

Looks so much better?

Rag top/soft top autoglym protectant drying in and check that clear rear window now. :woot:

All in all this thing was not too difficult to bring back, although there was some deeper scratches that were not repaired completely in order to keep the CC safe!

Everyone was happy and so that means I am !

John.

Post Thanks / Like
    JJ, very nice job.

Well done.

My gf`s MGTF also has a cloudy rear screen... always has been come to think about it from new.Its not even 1 year old and has done about 4500miles.

Any tips for using PlastX?

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice detail :xyxthumbs

How was the paint after DAPC, no final polish required?

Never seen a MF TF that colour, what is it exactly?

Surprised about the EGP, you`ve tempted to give mine another whirl :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quality detail. Rough as a badger`s behind no more.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    m4xmw : Yeh my mums isn`t too old and only 3500 miles on it, I think she used a solvent once to clean it, being in the double glazing industry this is very common practice to clean glass but plastic..........i dunno lol. The plastix was just put onto a polishing pad (megs) and then whack the speed up and polish away. Once it breaks down just wipe off. I done the outside first when it is still secured, then done the inside from the inside of the car (sore back material) but it looks the part.

Nick M : DACP was only done in some areas, however, there was no ill effects such as hazziness etc. So I just went for AG EGP, I hate to admit that I use AG stuff but hey I used it and it worked well.

SilverLexus : Well I just wanted to make it look as good as possible for trading it in, so that when the dealer puts his hand on it to hit out with one of his memorised sales techniques the slickness makes him re think it.

My mum said that none of the porsche`s looked as good or felt as good as hers. So I might leave a business card in the handbook for delivery. lol.

Thread Information