Post Thanks / Like
    Well folks, had originally just good ol` #80 then some #16.

But i then found poorboys! I had to treat the car to some ssr2.5 after the harsh winter, this seemed to work loads better than #80. I took my time today as I was really just sealing the paintwork with EX and Nattys, I did try P21s but Nattys was so much wetter than P21s.

Here are some pics.

The wheels were done with meguiars wheel cleaner (professional stuff) the name escapes me just now.

The dressing it high endurance by Meguiars but natural shine inside.

I picked up some armor all semi matte finish and tried it out, I felt it didn`t look as nice as natural shine :nixweiss

Now for some pictures ppl!

Armour All on the mirror plastic.

Those bins need some plastix! lol.

Over all my car is a breeze to detail as it`s kept very well, the arches were not done becuase I was too lazy after having a few too many the night before. But i did ok. :xyxthumbs

JJ :brit

Post Thanks / Like
    V Nice JJ - agree with you on the SSR line too - break down really fast and give superb results, esp the 2.5. Used it on a black Crossfire on Monday (pics to follow) with real nice results

How do you find the paint at the front? Mine`s 8 weeks old (albeit with 8k now on the clock) and the front spoiler`s chipped to bu**ery - and on silver the chips show black and sorta stick out...

A common Vauxhall problem?
    The car detailing fanatic formerly known as AndyC

Peugeot 205 GTi Mi16, Vauxhall Vectra SRi CDTi, Renault Clio Dynamique 16v

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh I think it is a vauxhall problem my bumper looks like someone has been taking pot shots at it. And most wax`s dry in the pits/chips white so I have to go over it afterwards to rub out any cured wax.

This brings me to the conclusion that Vauxhall well I don`t know if its the same throughout the range but certainly astra`s seem to have a brittle clear coat, as I don`t get a huge problem with swirls if I keep on top of it.

Mine has 20k on the clock, and Im just trying to upgrade all my tyres to toyo proxies R1`s and then get it lowered with eibach springs then re furb the alloys. Not a lot but will make a huge difference!!

John.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definatly a problem with vauxhalls.

My zafira gsi looks like someones shot a shot gun at it.

Loads and loads of stone chips.

Phil

Don't ever drop your clay kartoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice job :xyxthumbs

However, the steering wheel is on the wrong side

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work there JJ.

That `Megs Natural Shine` is a bit greasy looking for me - I used it a couple of times and then went on to 1Z Tefen` and I`ve never looked back since.
    My name`s Craig...

...and I`m addicted to detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice finish there JJ, car looks great !

I too use Meg`s #36 Pro Wheel Cleaner, best one I`ve used and safe too, as far as I`ve used it.

I`vr also moved over to a number of Poorboys products and think they are great, so easy to use with results to match.

:xyxthumbs

Btw, the paint on my Astra SRi (mk4) was the same, front bumper was very pitted with stone chips, but the main body of the car was fine. To be honest, my Honda isn`t that different

Post Thanks / Like
    I also am very happy with the PB line. You might want to give PB`s Natural Look and Trim Restore a try. I love both of these products. NL has a nice low gloss for the interior and is not greasy at all. TR makes all the black trim on my CR-V glow smoothly with deep black color. You absolutely should give PB`s new Spray and Gloss a try and if you don`t have any Spray and Wipe, that is a definate must own product.

Thread Information