Thread: Various shots

its naturally curly...... 6cyl's_of_fury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a collection of my favourite "after" shots of cars I have detailed in the last 3 or 4 months ( exterior only ). All freebie jobs basically ( does a carton of beer or more count as payment? ).

A Mustang I did for a friend of a friend ( A 69` fastback I believe, but I am open to correction ). This is the only shot I have of it, it was in great condition to begin with anyway as it should be for a garage queen. This was outside of the show it was being entered into after we rolled it off the trailer ( it came second, but first place had massive amonut of visible swirls so I wasn`t happy and neither was the owner :angry ). I know for a fact that the Stang I did was *virtually* flawless, so that was a fair kick in the you-know-whats. But such is life I guess.....

QEW, FP, GEPC, Souveran.

Another car for a local show - not a complete garage queen, but pretty close. Its a 2002 Ford Falcon TS50. It has a hand bulit 250kW 5.6L stroker Windsor V8. Stock as a rock as it is a limited run car and the owner wants to preserve the value, and fair enough to I guess.

QEW, SSR2.5, AIO, Wolfgang, S100.

Yet another mates car for a show, this one with a car club display outside a motorshow. Amazingly its a standard paintjob, and there where some stone-chips on the front bumper I didnt tackle - the price you pay for having a very low car I guess! Has a supercharged 4L straight 6 pushing 300rwhp in rough tune. Has heaps of potential to go further! Scared the old people at the bowls club when he fired it up This one is no garage queen and took a fair bit of work to get to a respectable level that I was happy with!

QEW, 1z UPP, IP, FP, VM, Souveran.

Detail your car, do it. No seriously, do it.

The Black Beast

Post Thanks / Like
    When I went home for Christmas, I took a selection of gear back with me ( went lugging two suitcases ) to do my families cars and a few mates cars as well. The first one is my mates XR8 ute with a 5.6L Triton V8 thats been upgraded to 330fwkw - not over the top but it gets up and boogies and he has plans to go further down the track. Was in reasonable condition with a few areas that where a bit ordinary. Gotta love that bulge the V8`s get, I wish they would put one on my measley 6 cylinder version

QEW, SSR2.5, IP, AIO, SGx2, S100

After I did my mates car, his parents offered me 2 bottles of Jack Daniels and a carton of Corona`s to their car - who could say no?!? Same model car as my mates, but a different colour, a sedan and not modded. Same colour as the TS50, but newer with a 260kW 5.6L Triton V8 ( bloody truck engine in a sports car! ). Nice unit regardless.

QEW, SSR2.5, AIO, EX-P

There were others, but that was my top 5.

If my pads arrive from Patrick this week ( fingers crossed ), I have a burgandy coloured car lined up at work to transform ( its in very ordinary condition and might be beyond repair but I will have a stab anyway ) that will hopefully be a worthy contender in the Xtreme detailing contest in Feb - if not I enter it in March. If I can get it glowing like I did that Stang, I should have no worries! :p

The Black Beast

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice line up!! but I really love that 69 FASTBACK.
    REEL Addict ! John

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely beautiful work, but the finish in the last shot positively glows!

Post Thanks / Like
    Never seen any of those cars other than the Stang.

All look amazing though!

I love that stang

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GSRstilez

Never seen any of those cars other than the Stang.

All look amazing though!

I love that stang

They are all australian made cars Sean, so I am not surprised you dont recognise them! They are all made by Ford, the last two are new models ( BA Falcon ), the other two are the previous model ( AU Falcon ), and the Stang - well its in a class of its own

Got the call into the bosses office this morning and work are sending me to New Zealand for a week, so this weekends detail is going to be postponed until April with my travel schedule - a real bugger but life sometimes deals you hands like that so the competition will have to wait. I hope the guy at work is patient and doesn`t decide to get a re-spray before I get a chance to transform it!!

Thanks to all for the replies, and I concur - the fastback was by far the pinnacle car of the five - its not even a contest! Thats why I put it first!

The Black Beast

Post Thanks / Like
    A W E S O M E !!!!!!!!!!!

I love that yellow colour and that mustang, and I love that Black Ford!

Post Thanks / Like
    great work!! looking good, aussie built cars at their best! Bit of a FORD man I see

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL - not until recently. I got my car ( which is a company car ) and it all unfloded from there. Prior to that I had a mix of hipo turbo japanese cars - work wouldn`t buy me a turbo car the mongrels!! :p I so wanted the XR6T.........

The Black Beast

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s something about the BA Falcon ...

No Holdens?

Nice work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did my mates sisters ( well she is like a little sister to me ) 2004 Astra Equipe. Nothing all that exciting to be honest, it was white......I just cant get excited about detailing white. It seems like no matter how much effort I put in, it looks no better or no worse.

Unfortunately, thats all I have in the Holden department. *sigh* got a willing subject in Sydney that will pay in alcohol?

The Black Beast

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps you`ve matured past the hypo turbo jap car phase! -- hehe, would have been quite amusing I presume you trying to pitch the `necessity` of having the turbo to work though.

Did you try 4*UPP on white? I guess if anything is going to make it glow that will?

And I don`t think I`ve seen a clubsport or monaro on here yet -- where are all the holden fans hiding?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am still waiting for the 4* to arrive! Not in my arsenal yet....

My dad had a Monaro ( a 2002 - first model in WA cos we know the Holden dealer and it was in Delf Blue with blue leather interior and it was a beautiful colour and car; a Pontiac GTO for our American counter-parts ) but I wasn`t "allowed" to touch it. He had the dealer ( against every protest imaginable by myself ) do the "super dooper wonderful inprenetrable sealant" fopr $800! It was swirled within 6 months ( from dealer "washes" ) at which time I was enlisted to save it ( free of course ). Looked magnificent with Klasse topped with S100. No pics unfortunately - I lost them when my computer crashed

He also has an VY SS ute in Delf Blue, but its a work hack and he doesn`t want me to waste my time on it....

The Black Beast

Thread Information