A friend of mine who is notorioulsy bad at cleaning his car offered to pay me to go and do it instead. He just wanted it washed but that`s not particularly Autopian so I said I`d do him "mates rates" on a full detail (exterior only). As a few of my products hadn`t arrived by the time I did it, I had a choice of AG SRP/EGP or Megs #9/#7/#26. I decided to go for durability so went with the AG. I also thought that the EGP would make the metallic "pop" a bit more.

Process was:

Wash with Sonax Gloss Shampoo

Clay with Megs Quick Clay (Sonax Gloss Shampoo as lube)

SRP via PC with Sonus DAS green, speed 4

EGP by hand

Wheels - AG Clean Wheels (I wouldn`t normally use acid but they were disgusting!) and Hyperturismo`s Wheel Wax

Tyres - Megs Endurance High Gloss

Megs All Metal Polysh on the exhaust tips

Firstly this was the delightful sight that greeted me when I pulled into his road!

After about six hours of washing, claying, polishing and sealing this was the end result:

I also managed to get a couple of night time shots:

Overall I`m really pleased with the result. I still need some more practice with the PC and next time I do a car (which will hopefully be mine!) I`ll have some more products to play with. The only downside to the day was not being able to feel my hand whilst claying - it was so cold!

Ben