Post Thanks / Like
    2005 Toyota SR5 4WD

Nothing too special, we picked it up last night so I`ve been playing with it and cleaning it to my standards all morning.

The color is Stratosphere Mica- Now question is I assume it clearcoted as it appears to be but usually on the spec sheet right after the color name it will say C/C or clearcoat. On my spec sheet after the color name is says FG12. Anyone know what that means? Maybe just the color code?

Are all Toyota `s these days clearcoted? I love the color but ultimately wanted siver. ( the wife was stuck on this color, and it really is for her) I am going to regret this color later on as I already have a vehicle very similar to this color and we all know how dark paint can be.

Its a long story how we ended up getting this particular model but it was pulled around with 4 miles on it with the plastic still on the hood and roof

But there was several deals ahead of us so we went for a bite to eat and when we got back they already had it in the detail bay:scared I went back there and they were mid way into washing it so Basically I told them no buffing. They said they don`t buff new cars. The truck was absolutely filthy though. Upon inspecting it this morning its not to bad but there is some minimal marring, so very soon I will be polishing away. I already did some spot polishing and this paint seems to marr/scratch very easily. Any new toyota owners out there, how is your paint? Sorry for the long post, here are a few pics.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Congradulations! Very sharp looking color.

What`s your first process gonna be?
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice ride dude !

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, nice color!

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    CONGRATS!! That is a beautiful color indeed. :up
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the kind words

Mongoose- Right now I`ll probably hit w/ #80 and the PC topped with #16, I have Z2 pro arriving Monday so I may change my mind to #80 (got to get rid of the minor marring), Then AIO, and couple layers of Z2 pro.

Honolulu, Hawaii, Land of $6-per-gallon milk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t forget to clay...

Gorgeous color. Those new 4Runners are really neat trucks. Have fun!
    "Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!" - Conan the Barbarian, on what is good in life

Current ride: 1992 Toyota Cressida, last of the great ones, RWD rules, baby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by General Lee

2005 Toyota SR5 4WD

They said they don`t buff new cars. The truck was absolutely filthy though.

Does that mean the dealer does not put any sort of protective product on the paint before delivery?

I really like the 4th (and 3rd) generation 4Runner. Also like the color. If you do not have Souveran, you now have a reason to buy it.

BTW, leather seats or cloth?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice truck!

The paints not bad, mines a similar darkness just burgundy instead of blue. It does marr easily but its not as bad as black. I`m certain its clearcoated. Its also easy to polish. Be careful washing it though because it does swirl easily.

Get a clear bra for the front end, NOW!

Post Thanks / Like
    "If you do not have Souveran, you now have a reason to buy it."

Damn, I was going to say that!
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on the 4Runner! It`s an awesome truck, but my opinion is probably biased! Click the link in my sig for pics of my truck.

The Stratosphere Mica is a really nice color, I was torn between it and the Pacific Blue though my first color choice was also silver. The color code for Statosphere Mica is 8Q0, but I think FG12 is the interior code. Generally 12 means stone (gray) and 42 means taupe (tan). I believe all but Black are clearcoated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SilverLexus

Damn, I was going to say that!

Slowpoke.

Post Thanks / Like
    General Lee- That is a *very* attractive color! More work than silver, but more rewarding too, I should think.

I`d so something about protecting that nice light gray carpet

Post Thanks / Like
    Great looking truck ! What`s under the hood ?
    2004 Nissan Maxima SE (silver with black leather)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the compliments!

92MX83- Absolutely, definitly going to clay

TW85- I know they didn`t put anything on this one. They didn`t have time to. I`m thankful they didn`t. They only washed it and they marred it enough to :angry me. We also visited a Jeep dealer and they said they wax all the vehicle that are purchased before delivery. Basically I told them not to buff out of fear they would take a rotary to it and really tear it up. BTW it has cloth seats, and I do have Souveran. After the winter it will receive the Souveran. Just in case we get more snow I want some durability on it for now.

tkr128- we were also torn between pacific blue as well its a really nice color. Do you recall if yours said clearcoated after the paint color on your window spec sheet?

Accumulater- I agree, the color has the potential to be very rewarding. Just after cleaning it this morning to my standards I stepped back and thought WOW very nice can`t wait to polish it. As far as the carpet goes, definitly need to protect it.:up

Silverbell- We got the 4.0 DOHC V6. 245 HP. Not bad at all for a V6. I was really impressed with the power.

Thanks again for the compliments.

Thread Information