Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I had been wanting to do a carpet cleaning job, but I didn`t really know anyone with a light colored carpet. Or so I thought. I took a look at my GF`s interior (Beige 96 S-10), and man did this thing some carpet cleaning. I never really looked at the carpet, it had some spots and was just overall dirty. It didn`t have floor mats in the year and a half she has had it! So I went to the store, picked up some oxy clean and a scrub brush. Got up this morning, took a look at GSRstilez cleaning regimen. Went out and mixed the Oxy with warm water, grabbed the Rigid wet/dry vac, and go to work. Here are the pics, and here is the link to GSRstilez` link. Some of the carpet is still a little bit wet, I didn`t have a chance to leave the doors open for a couple of hours. So it actually a little bit better looking than in the pics. Also, this is a very easy and inexpensive way of cleaning the carpets very well. Although I think I will look into a different spot remover, the one I used didn`t seem to do the job!! Oh and by the way, take Sean`s advice on the scrub brush, get one with a handle. I got one with no handle and I might have some blisters (spell check) in the morning, so take that advice!! And sorry for the small pics, getting used to using Photohost.org. Anyone want to give me help on making a 48K pic big please help, I think these picks are still 150K and really small! Nevermind, I have got the image size figured out, thank god!!! Just don`t want to do it again with this post, so the small pics will stay for this one!!

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=43947

Products:

--Rigid Wet-Dry Vac

--Oxy Clean (Granular)

--Scotchgard Oxy Power Spot Remover

--Scrub Brush

PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    just used the same system myself this weekend...the only thing that I did not like is that the oxy doesn`t have a "clean" smell..but I did have a problem of stain coming from under fabric...any help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mrzeee

just used the same system myself this weekend...the only thing that I did not like is that the oxy doesn`t have a "clean" smell..but I did have a problem of stain coming from under fabric...any help?
    What do you mean by stain coming from under the carpet? I had a similiar happen to me. After I was done with the cleaning and extracting, I let everything sit for a while. Then I went back to vacuum over it and a black section started to appear, is that what you are talking about? I thought it was kind of strange?
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal

Post Thanks / Like
    used the technique on fabric seats...stain wasn`t there before i started...let everytning sit as well...went over it again..lessend some..but i didn`t want to saturate seat further..

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seanâ€â„¢s carpet method works very well. I put it to the ultimate test several weeks ago . . . 99 Suburban with beige carpet, 5 children under the age of 10, spills galore, YUCK! It was SO gross that I thought the EPA would cordon off my garage. The end result was stunning.

Sean deserves a Nobel Price

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the method also the other week, Wish I had pics, but not sure any of you wanted to see my sons breakfast revisited all over the van floor/seats, it was nasty.

it also took out some older grass stains and some spilled chilli that snuck out of a crock-pot once....

Nice work O4cobra. The only problems I has when done were it seems the oxy clean must not have been fully worked into the water, or I had to much becasue I had white chalky stuff al over the carpet the next day i had to vacum up.
    2004 Chrysler T&C Platinum Series - Brilliant Black

2009 Hyundai Sonata - Black

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of things you might try, use diluted Simple GReeen or (preferably) Meg`s APC+ as a pre-treator / spot remover it works excellent!

IF your interior is still damp an easy way to dry it in colder weather is to shu8t the doors, crack the windows open 3-4" then crank up the heat on the floor setting and leave the car run for 20-30 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by LightngSVT

A couple of things you might try, use diluted Simple GReeen or (preferably) Meg`s APC+ as a pre-treator / spot remover it works excellent!

IF your interior is still damp an easy way to dry it in colder weather is to shu8t the doors, crack the windows open 3-4" then crank up the heat on the floor setting and leave the car run for 20-30 minutes.
    Is this the APC you and everyone is talking about. I bought this Meg`s kit for the hyper dressing and have already fallen in love with the Last touch QD, and the Glass Cleaner. If this is the APC you are talking about, thank you for the idea. I didn`t really know what to use it on!

PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal

Post Thanks / Like

x

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad this is working out for you O4Cobra and many others.

That is the APC I use as a pre-treater yes.

However, the best spot remover I have used to date is the Eimann Fabrik Spot Remover. Pretreat with that and go to town

Post Thanks / Like
    The GSRStilez/Oxyclean method has worked great for me as well!

:up

Post Thanks / Like
    lookin good!

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like
    That APC looks green? The Megs APC+ I have is in a gallon jug and is blue in color. You can dilute it to different ratios and clean almost anything with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing to remember with Oxy Clean (the powder) is it like hot hot hot water - It activates best in Hot water - and as always test for colorfastness as it is a chemical bleaching product.
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a knock off spray Oxy Clean and rinsed the floor mats thorouighly after the regimen and it looked great on an 04 Sequoia. In AZ everything dries out quick and fast !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information