Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sound system is fresh out of the shop as of yesterday, and detailed this morning with VM+EX. I plan on doing another coat of EX this week and then topping it with Souveran. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome, awesome, awesome. I wish the pictures were larger.

Good job

Post Thanks / Like
    ****in eh! Holy crap, thats nice
    Carvista Inc. - Asper School of Business

Post Thanks / Like
    Very sharp....:up
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t imagine how good it is going to look with Souveran on there!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice work!
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, killer SUV man! that truck is awesome. are you using a PC or rotary? next time you polish, try some distilled viengar to work out some of those water spots that are poking through. are your ears bleeding yet from that system??!!!

Vernon

PS those wheels are ****ing awesome

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the box moveable? Just curious, because your third row of seats wouldn`t work now...does the second row still fold up with the box in there?

The finish of the vehicle looks fantastic. I know that took a LOT of time to finish!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Very clean looking! (mod wise)

Love how the system came out...Not taking up too much room. What model JL`s?

Paint looks great! Don`t forget those wheel wells

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GSRstilez

What model JL`s?

Let me guess. 1000/1, 300/4, 12w6/2 or 15w3s?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, great finish and great system! Kinda beats the system I had put into my daily driver Contour SVT yesterday (Kenwood Excleon 576 stereo, Infinity 6x8`s, Clarion 200x 2ch amp driving an MTX 6500 10" sub). Are those 22`s or 24`s on your Ex?

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mercy !!! Thats just flat out AWESOME !!!
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tdekany

Awesome, awesome, awesome. I wish the pictures were larger.

Good job

How big do they look on your computer screen? I resized them down from 3072 x 2048 to 600 x 400 for all the 56k guys. On my screen they are nice and big but I have a 17" screen at 1280 x 1024 resolution.

Originally posted by vdog0531

wow, killer SUV man! that truck is awesome. are you using a PC or rotary? next time you polish, try some distilled viengar to work out some of those water spots that are poking through. are your ears bleeding yet from that system??!!!

Thank you very much for the compliments. Those spots you are seeing aren`t water spots. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring a clean mf towel with me to dust off the surface and some nasty stuff stuck to it while driving to this spot for the pictures. Driving through that grass beforehand didn`t help either. One thing I did notice was I used a Sonus green polishing pad with the VM and I think I should have used the blue pad instead. The green pad left behind some very fine micro marring that would normally not be there if a finer pad was used. Next time I will know better. Oh yeah, PC only.

Originally posted by 15951

Is the box moveable? Just curious, because your third row of seats wouldn`t work now...does the second row still fold up with the box in there?

The finish of the vehicle looks fantastic. I know that took a LOT of time to finish!

No, the box isn`t moveable. I hate third row seats, and never use them. I had a 99` Expedition before this one with the same type of system (look in my gallery) and the third row seat was a bench that was removable and the day I bought the truck I put in my attic and it stayed there until I sold it four years later. I disabled the third row seats in this one, in case anyone tries to raise them. My second row seats are fully functional, even recline to factory specs. I just folded them down to take the pictures. There`s about a 8-10 inch gap behind the second row seats to allow for reclining and even in the reclined position there is still about an inch or so clearance.

As far as the finish, it didn`t take long at all. I`ve owned the truck since Valentine`s Day and it only has 3800 miles on it, and I keep it up extremely well. The detail today took three hours and that`s including the interior that was all dusty from the stereo shop.

Originally posted by GSRstilez

Very Very clean looking! (mod wise)

Love how the system came out...Not taking up too much room. What model JL`s?

Paint looks great! Don`t forget those wheel wells

Those are JL 12W3`s. Don`t worry, the wheel wells are going to get a lot of attention next weekend. The stereo shop had a shell parking lot in back and the wheel wells came back destroyed, along with the tread on my tires. I plan on pulling the wheels off and detailing the heck out of both the wheels and wheel wells. We are expecting rain from a cold front Tuesday, and it rained a little today so I didn`t want to waste my time.

Originally posted by tdekany

Let me guess. 1000/1, 300/4, 12w6/2 or 15w3s?

Actually, the amps you are looking at are all on highs only. That`s a JL 300/2 and a JL 450/4. I have one pair of MB Quart Q series components in the front doors, another pair of Q series tweeters in the A-pillars, and a pair of Premium series components in the rear doors. 300 watts going to the mids in the front doors, 300 watts going to the four tweeters, and 150 watts going to the components in the rear doors. On bass, I have a Rockford Fosgate Punch Power 1001bdi that is hidden (since I didn`t like the way it looked) that is putting out right at 1200watts.

Originally posted by LightngSVT

Wow, great finish and great system! Kinda beats the system I had put into my daily driver Contour SVT yesterday (Kenwood Excleon 576 stereo, Infinity 6x8`s, Clarion 200x 2ch amp driving an MTX 6500 10" sub). Are those 22`s or 24`s on your Ex?

Those are 22`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great looking detail! Is that your truck? If so, very tasteful in the mods and sound system. I like the clean look

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, sir, it is mine. Thank you very much. I like to keep things very clean and like to follow a specific theme. It`s all about the little things that add up to one nice thing. A lot of it goes un-noticed but it still adds to finished product, like the painted sections of the box and the speaker grills. The black on the box is actually painted basecoat/clearcoat with the same color as the outside paint, and the grills were painted in the same manor to mimick the satin nickel finish on my doorhandles and a/c vents. Of course, the vinyl was died to match the interior, along with the tweeters in the a-pillars. The extra effort definitely goes a long way, that`s for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made the pics a little bit larger and added one more. Sorry to the 56k users.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information