Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    HOLY CRAP! AWESOME JOB Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean,

Incredible. The transformation from filthy (an understatement) to the final clean is amazing in itself, but the touchup work on the hood is astounding. From the before pictures it appears the only help would be a respray. Wow. You should really sell your ability to make repairs on scratches. Owners could save hundreds of $$ on that type of work and you could make a pretty penny at the same time. If only you lived closer I would hire you to fix the key mark that the body shop wants $600 to repair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all again.

Bill: I have been looking into them, but am realizing the price :shocked of upwards of $200 and then some. I know it a valuable asset to my business and I will probably get one come spring time as Winter is coming quick.

I definately want to become certified of some type. It seems everyday I walk by cars here at the University and they are just beat to death with the buffer.

bet993: The hood really came out great. As I went through it, it seemed like the scratches kept adding. My girlfriend lauged when she saw after I wetsanded because the hood had so many random dull spots. The huge one in the middle was bad and you still see slight remains of it. I`m surpised it wasn`t rusting it was soo deep. The trunk was pretty bad as well (no after pics yet).

You make a good point though about my job vs. respray. To many people a touch-up, wetsand, compound, and polish would be much cheaper than getting it resprayed. While it may not be 100%, but rather 80% or more, 95% of the people would be more than happy...especially as a daily driver.

Thanks again

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I would definitely trust to you to detail my car.

That gets a big DITTO from me. Never in my life would I hand the keys to my car for someone else to detail....but jeezus man...you got mad skillz.
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me guess those pictures were taking at Avalon Gates on the border of Trumbull/Bridgeport??

Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t wanna be left on saying WOW! Forget Trading Spaces that transformation was just insane!

Post Thanks / Like
    ChippsAChoi: Very close. Avalon Walk in Hamden, CT.

jroc1212: :lol ...Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    GSRstilez, amazing work. Can`t wait to get a rotory so I can one day produce those results (Hopefully). Can you tell us about your Wet Sanding Technique? How do you know that you haven`t wet sanded to much clear away that will cause Clear Coat failure? I know that I am not only worried about wet sanding my own car let along a clients because i have no way to judge how much clear i am taking off. Do you have a certain technique that you use? Has CC failure ever happend to you before. I have been told by many people that you should not attempt wet sanding unless you have a paint thickness guage, and at $400 a pop, I don`t think I will be getting one any time soon. So how do you get results like that without the risk of clear coat failure down the road, especially if it is a regular customer of yours that you will be using the rotory on each time? Thanks for the help and keep posting your pics, it gives use something to reach towards. Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    SR77: Thanks.

I watched the Meguiar`s Pro Vids over at www.bettercarcare.com for wetsanding techniques. Yesterday I was sanding the surface smooth. Furthermore, the touchup paint created an effect that it sat `higher` than the normal surface. So I really didn`t remove much clear at all, but just the excess touch up paint.

I have never failed a clear coat. I am conservative if anything. I`ll go over a couple times to make sure everything is good.

Paint thickness gauge is a spring purchase as the season is winding down here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean, your work never ceases to amaze me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beating a dead horse, but that`s just amazing.

I used to live in Hamden (off Dixwell Ave.) I`d love to see some of your work in the flesh sometime.

Post Thanks / Like
    so how did you paint the car in the parking lot? and after doing such a great job, don`tcha think you could at least smile for the camera?

but that is a really awesome job. love that wetness shot, the paint`s still wet!
    Reid

2004 Azure Blue Ford Mustang Mach1

Post Thanks / Like
    Van Damme, 4 hours? I`d say 8+ at $250 on up if it were me. I get my Makita rotary on Friday, so I hope I can get even remotely as proficient as you. I`d also like to wetsand, as someone keyed my back right fender.

Post Thanks / Like
    GSRstilez, thanks for the reply. One last question(s) for ya. When you Wet Sand, I am sure you use some kind of sanding block/pad, but do you just sand down the touch-up paint itself or do you also wet sand the surrounding area around the touch-up. If so how much area around the touch-up do you do and do you blend it at all. Lastly, after you apply a fresh coat of touch-up paint and then sand and polish it, can you wax this area right away or do you let the touch-up paint cure and wax it some other day. Thanks again for your help. Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job, you just increased the value of the Jetta.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information