Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have learned so much here on these boards. I thought I had an illness when it came to detailing and if that is true finding this site has made me incurable, but if that’s the case at least I’ve also found a great support group.

I’ve been turned on to Poorboy’s products. I have read so many great reviews. I had to pick some up. The anniversary sale only further added to my already growing collection of products.

I friend of mine unknowingly volunteered her neglected Nissan Sentra for my PB test. She has done VERY little to maintain this car. She may have waxed it once since she has had it. I previously had posted up some pictures of the hood and trunk. I was very concerned about a white haze which was all over the car but most noticeably on the trunk and hood. Some members even commented it may be clear coat failure. That really concerned me. Well the day finally came and out came the Poorboy’s.

I opened with SSR 2.5 with a polishing pad. I did a small section of the hood and was very pleased to find out it was not clear coat failure. I have to say SSR 2.5 is amazing the care looked great after just that step, but off course I could not stop there. I followed it up with SSR 1. Then I moved on to VM of course and used EX to seal it all in. The results are amazing. I know I’m “preaching to the choir†because many of you have used these same steps to achieve great results yourself but this was my first time. I have to say Poorboy’s is AWSOME. It will be a long time before I feel like I have to try anything else.

All products were applied using a PC. All products went on very easy and might have come off even easier. The end product speaks for itself.

These first two pics are the exterior before:

The next three pics show what a litte soap and water will do.

Here is what happens with a litte PBs and VM

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super transformation!!:up
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Attention to detail always have to pay attention to detail. Here is the engine compartment B4.

Here it is clean.

And here it is dressed. (sorry the pic is a litte dark it was at the end of a long day.)

And of course here for their standing ovation is the team that made it all possible.

and once again

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing work

I love that combo

Post Thanks / Like
    Lost for words!!!! Excellent job!!!! :xyxthumbs
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    That was a super job! Tell us what you used/did on the engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks awesome. What did the white haze end up being?

I`m sure your friend was amazed by the results

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job!:xyxthumbs Nice before and after pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive transformation. Excellent detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    :bounce :up

Mike:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks really good

1988 Toyota Camry

1994 Toyota Landcruiser

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome transformation! but you didn`t put anything under the bottles when you placed them on the car! just kidding about that, i hope it didn`t ruin your hardwork.

what did you use for the engine bay? and i couldn`t tell in the last picture if you were able to clean up the valve cover or not.

looks great though. i`m sure your friend was very happy!
    Reid

2004 Azure Blue Ford Mustang Mach1

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve been asked a couple of time how I did the engine and with what. I run the engine so it is warm. I then turn it off and spray it liberally with degreaser. I buy my degreaser in concentrate from a local detail supply company. (In fact that is where I buy most of my cleaners and degreasers.) I mix it a little on the strong side for my engine details.

I let it sit for a bit then wash it down with soap and water. I use an old chenille mitt and assorted brushes as needed. After I’ve washed it down I turn the engine back on and rinse. I then break out with the leaf blower and get as much water out as I can. Since the engine is the fist thing I do even before washing the exterior it now has a LONG time to dry while I do EVERY thing else. When I’m totally done with the exterior (wash, clay, cleaner, polish & wax) I come back to the engine and dress it. I leave that sit for a while then wipe off any excess.

Side note: I also polish and wax any painted surfaces under the hood at the same time I polish and wax the door jams.

Thanks for all the kind words. I really have learned a lot here and found some great products. It was great to put both to use on a car that really showcased both the products and the process.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks great Shawn. The before & after hood shots are excellent -what an improvement!

Originally posted by hirosh

what did you use for the engine bay? and i couldn`t tell in the last picture if you were able to clean up the valve cover or not.

Those raw aluminum Nissan covers are a real pain to keep clean. I eventually gave up on mine and did this:

Three coats hi-temp black, sanded the raised lettering, two coats hi-temp clear.

Post Thanks / Like
    To the thread starter -- thank you

I bought Poorboys products to use on my black Sentra and now you`ve gotten me excited to help revive the lousy paint on my car.
    2002 Nissan Sentra GXE (ebony)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information