Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all!!

What a super truck this is (I have one as a work truck...so I should know). :xyxthumbs It`s an `01 Ford Lightning with 55K on the odometer and is stone stock. It`s owned by a 65 year old gentleman (hence the pin stripe) and he is the second owner (he bought with about 30K on the odo). He washes it at least once a week and does a good job of keeping it "shiny" but he also does a great job of inflicting swirls and scratches. The truck is kept outside 24/7 so that is no help to its condition either. I recently purchased a good deal of Poorboy`s products and figured that this beauty would be a great test bed for them. Being a mobile detailer I don`t always have the luxury of a shaded area (though I do carry and use a 10x10 EZ-up tent) or a cool paint surface...so Poorboy`s major selling point to me was being able to polish a hot surface in direct sunlight. Even though the client dropped the vehicle off at my house I made a point to not use my EZ-up or pull the vehicle in my garage during the polishing and glaze steps (I`d did however pull the truck in the garage to apply the LSP). In all I was VERY pleased with the Poorboy`s line. They did everything they said they would do and then some. Below are pics of the detail and my description/thoughts on each product I used. Oh...and sorry for the crappy pics...the sun was completely down and I didn`t want to use my flash since it usually washes out the shot.:sosad

Enjoy!

Mike

The detail:

Wash with Meg`s NXT wash

Polish with Poorboy`s SSR 2.5 with a Meg`s 8006 pad and my PC set at 5. This, IMHO, is an AGGRESSIVE polish. Very thick...more so than DACP...likes to gum up the Meg`s pad. Breaks down very quicky and buffs off with a microfiber just as fast. Smells yummy but dusts like mad (I would expect no less from a thick compound used in direct sunlight). They should call it swirl eraser because it damn near knocked out 99% of the swirls and light scratches in the first application. It did, however, micromar the livin` crap out of the paint. This micromarring could very well have been my own fault as I am used to using Meg`s body correction products and they require moderate pressure in the first few passes to break down correctly. It does say right on the bottle "use light pressure"...I never did listen very well in school anyhow.

Polish with Poorboy`s SSR 1 with a Meg`s 8006 pad and my PC set at 5. This stuff smells bad...bad, bad!!! I think they were going for a cherry smell but got daumn if it doesn`t smell like nasty cough medicine! Besides that...it worked like a charm. Much less dusting than the SSR 2.5 and did not gum up the pad. Broke down super quick and wiped off in no time. COMPLETELY removed ALL of the micromarring from the previous step.

Glaze with Poorboy`s Pro Polish with a Meg`s 9006 pad with my PC set a 5. This stuff reminded me of ClearKote`s Vanilla Moose in its consitancy. Applied very easy...no dust and a nice smell. Removal was a bit tough...kinda like removing Meg`s #81. The first couple passes with a microfiber would feel like the cloth wanted to stick to the paint..after I "broke" the initial layer it wiped off very easily and left a SUPER wet look.

Seal with Poorboy`s EX with Carnuba by hand with a foam pad. For this step I did pull the truck in the garage as I wanted to let the EX sit for an hour before I removed it. According to the instructions this is the best way to achieve a deep, wet look....and they were not kidding!! Application was a bit tough for a polymer...my pad felt like it was sticking to the paint but removal was unbelievable...it just wiped right off with no effort at all. The look is flat out AWESOME...very wet...very deep and super reflective...I like it. I`ll redo this truck in 120 days so we`ll see how it lasts.

Sorry again for the crappy pics..

Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like

Mike
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like

Mike
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking truck:up

Good luck with it

Post Thanks / Like

Mike
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like

Mike
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like

Mike
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like

Mike
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like

Mike
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    YA DAUMN SKIPPY!!!! :xyxthumbs :usa :usa :usa

Mike
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    The truck looks great:up Sounds like it took some time and effort to improve the finish. Black is hard enough to take care of when it`s garaged. I`m sure you gave him some pointers in keeping it nice. Keep up the `quality` work :xyxthumbs
    2005 Harley Softtail, 1998 Infinity QX4, 1998 ContourSVT

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm nice! is it just me or does it seem like steve @ poorboys never picks up the phone? ive been trying to get my hands on those products for god knows how long... now im itching even more for them... one of these good days... :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    looks sooooo wet, man, i am in such a pickle right now, found a perfect tundra, but its black, i dont know if i can keep up with that paint, but DANG, that lighting looks awesome!
    "You offroad that thing?" "Yea man, all the time"

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet detail ! How long did it take you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn man, you just made me want a Lightning so bad....too bad they`re 4x the price I can get for my car, lol. Good job though, is that Bold n Bright on the tires? Damnit, you people and your skills are emptying my wallet! Time to go try EX, and Bold N Bright!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information