Post Thanks / Like
    i buffed my dads hood for fathers day took me 2 hours these are the only pics i have so far when i finish the rest of the truck some time next week ill post pics of the whole truck. Id like to thank Anthony on giving me some tips on using this thing

id appreciate any suggestions or criticism thanks

this pic is the how bad the swirls were, i like the way my dad takes care of his truck

Post Thanks / Like
    this is after wash, clay,TOL`s Light cut, MW,VM,EX--P by hand, i notice the haze in the pic is that the way the paint is supposed to be or should it get any more clearer than that

I used the rotory with a LC orange pad with the LC at 1400 rpms everything else was done by pc. i noticed the light cut with the CMA orange pad did remove some light swirls just in case your wondering if i filled them with the VM the answers NO

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you made a great improvement, but I think you might need to step up to something just a tad more agressive or is that clear coat etching I am seeing to the right of the hood emblem in the second pix (birds, trees or bugs)?. I don`t know any of the TOL polishes, but right now I`m in love the the 1Z triplets and the Menzerna triplets.

Consider Menzerna`s FP as a last-step-polish, whatever else you use. It doesn`t so much cut the paint as burnish it to a high shine. It is water based so will remove any oils/fillers used by the more agressive polishes as lubricants. This way you can see any marring left behind from prior steps before applying any finish (preparation is EVERYTHING.....)

Post Thanks / Like
    It actually looks like the clouds reflection not clear coat failure. I had to take a second look also. I would also go to something more aggresive. It takes quite a bit of practice to really get good and fast with a rotary.

Keep it and and keep us posted on your work!
    Trent Byrd

Down N` Dirty Auto Detailing-Owner

Perfection is my standard!

Post Thanks / Like
    it may be etching but ill try something more aggressive like either Meduim Cut or some IP. Using a rotory isnt hard at all i think im gonna try and do something black so we can see the pics better

Post Thanks / Like
    Those seem to be clouds and not etching. If the paint were etched that paint I am sure Jay would of noticed it long time ago.

The finish looks good Jay but is cloudy to a degree also. Just by the picture and your product description I would guess that you need a milder polishing stage after the orange pad. Something like what you did with Light Cut but perhaps with Medium Cut and a white LC polishing pad on the rotary and then try the Light Cut on the PC with a finishing pad.

I would skip the extra steps of the MW, VM and then the Ex-P as the haze might be a case of product overload After the final step of either Light Cut or Final Polish just top it off with VM OR MW OR the EX-P instead of all 3.

Keep it up and I`ll cut you loose on a Porsche

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks anthony when this rain finally leaves, which is supposed to be tuesday ill take more pics of it in the sun to get a better pic i appreciate your help

Thread Information