Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This detail was in result to my flyers placed in nice areas. I swung over to the house a little before 9am this morning assessed the situation. This thing was a MESS!

I spoke to the owner about it and he wanted to go all out and get it looking new again. The paint was oxidized, swirled, scuffed, and rain-spotted. There was also a decent amount of tar on it as well. The interior was just generally dirty.

I was trying out some new products today on the exterior and would like to thank those who hooked me up (Corey Bit Spank and kpounds).

I first did the interior.

-Upholstery - Pre-treated with Water:Woolite (6:1) and shampoo`d with my OXYClean mixture and nylon brush

-All Vinyl, plastic, rubber, and leather cleaned with Water:Woolite (6:1)

-Vinyl, plastic, rubber protected with 303 Aerospace

-Leather conditioned with Lexol

-Glass cleaned with damp MF, followed by dry MF

After I finished the interior, the owner came out and said "Wow, if you do the exterior like you did the interior, I`m in for a treat"

Anyways, on to the horrendous exterior. In all honesty, I could NOT tell the paint had a metallic flake in it when I looked at it closely. My exterior process was:

-Mother`s Gold Wash

-Clay Magic Clay

-Mother`s Gold Wash

-Rain-X on the windows

-#80 Speed Glaze via Rotary and Meguiar`s Polishing Pad @ 1500 rpm

-VM by hand

-EX-P by hand

Couple of product thoughts...

#80 Speed Glaze - Had a rough consistency, but was thin. It sounded rough as I spread it with the buffer before I got it spinning. I got polishing @ 1500 rpm and used heavy pressure in the first pass, following up with 2 lighter passes. All swirls, oxidation, rainspots, and scuffs gone. It wiped off verrry easily due to the oils left after the last pass. I experienced NO buffer swirls. I got some dusting, but most likely due to the dead clearcoat being buffed off. All in All, it puts SFP and DACP in the backseat.

Vanilla Moose - Watery consistency. Went on kinda tough over the Speed Glaze via MF applicator. Dried almost instantly and buffed of like `budda` with a MF towel. Left a clear wet, shine. I like this stuff

EX-P - Smells so good, I wanna eat/drink it (Pina Colada`s). I applied via MF applicator and it didn`t spread that nicely. It went on kinda blochy and you really had to muscle it in. I waited 60 seconds, and buffed off with an Ultra Fine MF. It came off extremely easy, but with light dusting. It left a gorgeous clear, wet shine exposing the metallic flakes

Now for the pics:

Interior (sorry, no befores, but use your imagination)

Before

After

Before

After

Pretty good side to side comparo (#80 vs. not)

VM/EX-P = Clear and Wet

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, you are too much! Great job inside and out! The flakes now shine through quite nicely! Final impressions of the owner?

Post Thanks / Like
    One question. Noticeble difference with the VM? I`m loving the Speed Glaze, but somehow I know there`s improvement to be made cause I jump straight to wax from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Couple more shots...

Before (this was by far the worst part of the truck...It looked like hell)

Close-Up

After (sorry about the shaky hands)

Another Interior (damn mud spot was too far gone)

Final Impressions of the owner - Well, I spoke to him as I was finishing up. The truck is a 2000 and he said it was never detailed before (I could tell). He was astonished on how good it looked. He said "It looks 100% better" and that he would pass my card around and definately call me when it needed to be done again. 7 total hours and $220 (incl. $10 tip). I`m happy , but tired.

Post Thanks / Like
    jroc1212:

Improvement? Yes. I noticed when I buffed off the VM, it `cleared` up the paint and added a little bit of wetness. Furthermore, the Speed Glaze left a deep shine due to the oils. I believe the VM removed some of the oils from #80 and replaced with the VM oils (due to its light cleaning ability). But overall, I`d say expect a clearer shine with VM after #80. Also more pop to the metallic flakes.

Sorry about the non-sunny after shots. It literally began to rain as I was taking the pics. If you look closely, you will probably see the drops on some of the surfaces. I will try to get pics sometime in the near future of how it`s holding up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for replying. Always enjoy your write-ups.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a world of difference. Awesome job! Too bad you`re not down here in Texas...we could work together. It would be sooo nice to have a good detailing partner.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW..definitely makes me want to go out and pick up some #80 Speed Glaze for sure.....
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pics like this made me order my rotary. Now if it would only get here quicker...

Were the scratches gone after just the one round with #80? I realize you did a heavy and two light passes, but was that all that was required? Either way, dope work. These big Fords seem to always be terrible inside, no matter the owner!
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to clarify, I did one application of #80 to each section. I did the reccomended 3 passes (heavy, medium, light) by Meguiar`s and had amazing results as seen.

If you want more info, search on bettercarcare.com for the Meguiar`s Videos.

Thanks for the replies and compliments!

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=31

how do i load the video? i dont understand results look awesome, as usual.

Post Thanks / Like
    spetulla:

Thanks! Just click on the section where you want to watch and go at it. I like watching all of them once in a while to refresh the basics.

You will need Real Player to play them and speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work! do have one suggestion though, scrub the pedals with the woolite/water mixture and a nice stiff brush then wipe them dry, finishes off the "right from the showroom" look. Again, great work!

I`m going to have to learn how to use a rotary also. I did a green VW Cabrio today and I really felt the need for the rotary. The PC is fine for my cars and well maintained luxury cars that get cared for regularly, but it`s just not up to a job like that. The befores of the Cabrio were the same way. The owner was thrilled with the result I got by PC, but I wasn`t.

Post Thanks / Like
    GoodnClean:

Thanks for the compliments. I actually did spray them down and scrubbed with the brush but I guess not enough. I had a ton to do and I guess I might have looked over that area a tad...Not a huge deal. I`d rather have swirl free paint, than sand free pedals. Point well taken though. I will see what I can do with the next job.

Any pics of the cabrio?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information