Post Thanks / Like
    Mike (TPGSR) had a detail day which was really informative. The one person that attended had a black IS300 with some medium swirling (it wasn`t too bad). Didn`t have enough time to do the whole car (although I reeeeeeeeally wanted to). Mike know so much about all the products.

This was 2 passes of DACP with a yellow pad

Mezerna Final Polish with white pad

Vanilla moose

Poorboys EX-P

After using the Poorboys and EX-P I think I`m going to have to order some and put the Blackfire on the shelf--much better combo and easier to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!!!
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job! The paint looks very wet. Nice reflections. You gotta love black when it is cleaned up right. :xyxthumbs

With Aloha,

Ranney

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job, that black looks amazing. Did you notice a lot of paint being removed??? I believe reading that Lexus does not clearcoat their black finishes. I`m just curious if the owner was getting a little nervous with 5 different steps used on his car, and excess paint being removed.

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering if the owner said "What the hey? Do the rest!" Looks awesome, but what happened to the rest of the car?

Originally posted by JohnnyDaJackal

Awesome job, that black looks amazing. Did you notice a lot of paint being removed??? I believe reading that Lexus does not clearcoat their black finishes. I`m just curious if the owner was getting a little nervous with 5 different steps used on his car, and excess paint being removed.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by thinksnow

I was wondering if the owner said "What the hey? Do the rest!" Looks awesome, but what happened to the rest of the car?

He had to go. He said he will have us do the rest (and probably by that time fix the hood up again, lol).

There was some paint transfer with the DACP and yellow pad, little if any with the FP.

It definitely has a clear/black topcoat on it, it`s not just pure black on top of the paint. Really nice paint. Lexus knows what they`re doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Corey that is simply awesome, question about the DACP-did you have any hazing after the 1st and 2nd passes? I know if there was the FP would take care of it, just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SpoiledMan

WOW!!!

Ditto.

Looks amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by armoredsaintt

Corey that is simply awesome, question about the DACP-did you have any hazing after the 1st and 2nd passes? I know if there was the FP would take care of it, just curious.

There was a little bit of product left that caused streaking, but Mike used 50/50 water alcohol to get it off (I definitely need to make a mixture of that).

As for the paint itself, there was no hazing. I made sure he worked the product in very well, and of course when Mike went for the second pass he did an even better job. :xyxthumbs

If there was any hazing the FP took care of it with the white pad. Swirls were not completely gone (there was just a very little bit left) so vanilla moose filled those in and the EX-P just made it that much better.

Thread Information