Post Thanks / Like
    Had a super busy day, had to turn down a few cars even, but I did detail this Escalade inside and out and coated the whole BIG thing in Wolfgang sealant.

I first buffed the paint with Light Cut, polished the wheels out with Waxing Frenzy`s "Shark Tower" metal cleaner, which did a really fine job, easy on, no mess and easy off. Good Stuff:up

Wolfgang went on super easy, although I believe FMJ to spread easier, and it also comes of with little effort and leaves behind a wonderful shine and a very slick surface.

The doctor came out just as I was polishing the wheels and we talked stocks as I polished the windows and he then had to split so I could only get this one picture......sorry bout that but I hope it looks OK:nixweiss

I have a very busy week ahead so I will be posting alot more pictures in the coming days......I hope

Anthony
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Very . Is that silver or pewter?

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job as usual Anthony!!:up Glad to hear the business is going good also!! I love when the spring and summer comes....mo money, mo money, mo money!!!
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony

I see you use Light Cut often. What other products would you compare it too? You certainly can`t get any cheaper than that!

What other abrasives do you use for your surface prep? Any other High Temp products?

Can you use the high temp products in the sun?

Thanks!
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks real nice Anthony...but stock wheels on an Escalade?!! :shocked

:lol

It didn`t clear up today until around 2 PM so the only car I had was an exterior detail on a 1994 Acura Integra GS-R....with just 68,000 miles on it!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ZaneO

Very . Is that silver or pewter?

I believe it to be the Pewter. Very nice color, I just wish I could get a few more pics.

Thanks,

Anthony

Originally posted by ajbarnes

Awesome job as usual Anthony!!:up Glad to hear the business is going good also!! I love when the spring and summer comes....mo money, mo money, mo money!!!

DITTO:xyxthumbs and thank you also for the compliments

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Spilchy

Anthony

I see you use Light Cut often. What other products would you compare it too? You certainly can`t get any cheaper than that!

What other abrasives do you use for your surface prep? Any other High Temp products?

Can you use the high temp products in the sun?

Thanks!

Great questions........

I would compare Light Cut to AIO BUT with a greater cleaning ability.......on a more aggressive level, not more abrasive though. Light Cut can be used on glass (with great results with either a PC, rotary or Cyclo), will level paint, remove swirls and scratches and can add lots of gloss and depth to paint all for a pretty cheap price, as you already noted

LC cleans more on the chemical side than the mechanical side so the more heat and friction LC is applied with the greater the cleaning.

Hi-Temp makes several other paint prep products that they label "heat induced levelers". So they also work by way of heat and friction. A great one, two combo is using Light Cut to prep then Paint Perfection Glaze to finish. http://www.topoftheline.com/32ozpainswir.html

For a "Vanila Moose" type product that adds a great deal of gloss and can be used on just about all kinds of material (glass, chrome, and also used on wet paint) and will not stain trime you might want to try this product. I use this product in the SUN. http://www.topoftheline.com/32ozwipdowsp.html

A pretty tough paint prep by Hi-Temp, but mainly for rotary use is http://www.topoftheline.com/32ozheavcutp.html

Hope that helps,

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

Looks real nice Anthony...but stock wheels on an Escalade?!! :shocked

:lol

It didn`t clear up today until around 2 PM so the only car I had was an exterior detail on a 1994 Acura Integra GS-R....with just 68,000 miles on it!

Thanks Scott......yeah, he is a conservative doctor.....heck he had no idea the wheels were even chrome because they bought it when it had been raining for days here and the cars was pretty ditry I think those spinner wheels would look cool, eh? NOT:nono

We may finally have a whole week with NO rain:bounce I have a BMW full detail tomorrow, a S class full detail, a new client with a Maserati, full detail and then a host of all my regulars....Thank God!

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony

Thanks for the reply!

Does the LC, however, remove swirls? I use AIO (what you compared it to) often and it doesn`t remove them.

What about the next step up? Do you use this? http://www.topoftheline.com/32ozpowswirr.html

What would you compare that too?

See, I am interested in using these products as well as testing out Poorboy`s SSR.

However, I need a "comparitive" illustration to say, a Meguiars product for a general reference.

For example, LC is like Meguiar`s Medallion Paint Cleaner. Or, Poorboy`s SSR2 is like DACP, etc...
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Spilchy

Anthony

Thanks for the reply!

Does the LC, however, remove swirls? I use AIO (what you compared it to) often and it doesn`t remove them.

What about the next step up? Do you use this? http://www.topoftheline.com/32ozpowswirr.html

What would you compare that too?

See, I am interested in using these products as well as testing out Poorboy`s SSR.

However, I need a "comparitive" illustration to say, a Meguiars product for a general reference.

For example, LC is like Meguiar`s Medallion Paint Cleaner. Or, Poorboy`s SSR2 is like DACP, etc...

Spilchy,

Yes LC does remove swirls, it contains no fillers. AIO wil not remove swirls because of the light cleaner it has. I would compare LC to DACP but DACP will act or cut faster while the LC will do the same work but needs a bit longer to work.

DACP also has abrasives in it and would not be ones first choice to use on plastic, say like a bug shield on a truck, yet LC can be used on plastic because of its very mild abrasives.

I do not use the "Power Prep" because I prefer to use something like Powergloss if the paint I am working on needs anything more abrasive than LC, DACP or IP. The reason being is that I am pressed for space so I can only carry several levelers and Ihave found that Powergloss fills all my needs for a heavy cleaner, with a cutting pad, to a mild cleaner with a polishing pad.

I have heard good things about Power Prep but personally never used it.

Hope that helps, if not please let me know.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony-looking dry all week here in Dallas too, now that Monday is over....but expected low of 39 tonight? Ugh.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott....we have a great forecast for the week ahead and today was just BEAUTIFUL....no clouds and a crisp, warm 71!

I have a Titanium Maserati tomorrow in the AM but like you said, the AM`s are bloody cold and I am as tired of the chill as I am the rain. It was a nippy 39-40 this morning.

Hey is that Lamborghini in yet? I am very anxious to see some pics of that baby!

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony-if the big boss is in tomorrow, I will ask about the Lambo roadster. In February, he said it would be here in a few months, so hopefully it will be soon.

I am going to have to bring shorts with me to change into during the afternoon since the forecast high is 75.
    www.scottwax.com

Thread Information