Post Thanks / Like
    (I have had to edit this post due to a mix up in Menzerna products. I had though I was being sent the Menzerna Glaze but in fact it was the FMJ. So I finished this Maserati off with Menzerna FMJ and did not use the Glaze on the car. I apologize for any confusion. Thank You, Anthony - edit 3/30/04)

It was a wash out AGAIN for me today here in South Texas:angry So I decided to just wash a Porsche and a Maserati and in the midst of drying the Maserati I got a wild hair and decided to detail it up a bit.

Jose sent me some of the Menzerna FMJ (Many thanks to him for that kind gesture ) so I figured I would give it a try even though I was hoping to try it out on a darker color and on a sunny day but no luck on both counts.

I went over the car with the menzerna Powergloss first and then Menzerna Final Polish. Paint looked very nice with just these two steps and I didn`t really think I would notice any change with the Menzerna FMJ given the color and overcast skies but I was pleasantly surprised by a noticable increase in depth and gloss:up

Easy on and easy off, perhaps easier than any sealant I have used to date, cept maybe NXT.

Here are a few pictures, enjoy.

Anthony
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    I was fighting with the sun peeking in and out all day but it mainly rained off and on all day and it would of been nice to see the paint in the sun.

Here is the side of the car and I tried to increase the picture size to sho wthe finish better, not sure if it will work.

Post Thanks / Like
    A shot a bit closer up on the hood/headlight area

Post Thanks / Like
    Passenger side fender and wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    This was the last picture I took JUST before it started raining!:shocked

By the time I got it back under the parking garage it was all wet but man did it bead up nice and it was a breeze to dry off:xyxthumbs

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    car!

Looks very wet, Anthony....especially for that color! I take it you like the Euro version of Menzerna FP, eh? You think it looks good on that color, wait until you try it on black!

Sorry to hear you are having crappy weather. Other than the start of the month and last Saturday, it has been dry in the Dallas area....in fact, I am on pace to have the best month I have ever had! Sad thing is though, even if I beat my previous best month, February was so horrendous (worst month in 4 years) that if you combine the two, I will have basically just had two average months.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony, incredible clarity on an incredible car :up .

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job!! I love those cars!! I must say that those are some pretty good pics for you having an overcast soon to be raining day.:xyxthumbs
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

This was the last picture I took JUST before it started raining!:shocked

By the time I got it back under the parking garage it was all wet but man did it bead up nice and it was a breeze to dry off:xyxthumbs

Beading courtesy of P21s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

car!

Looks very wet, Anthony....especially for that color! I take it you like the Euro version of Menzerna FP, eh? You think it looks good on that color, wait until you try it on black!

Yeah I liked the product very much and I am very interested in trying out thier sealant, I believe it is called "FMJ" or something like that.

I just looked at the extended forecast for next week........sheesh I may have to move if this stuff keeps up, either that or get a job at McDonalds:shocked

Thanks for the compliments,

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ajbarnes

Awesome job!! I love those cars!! I must say that those are some pretty good pics for you having an overcast soon to be raining day.:xyxthumbs

Originally posted by andriver

Anthony, incredible clarity on an incredible car :up .

Thank you for the :up on my work and I must say that what really struck me also was the "clarity" of the pictures also. The paint has a nice fluid, liquid look to it. I had wanted the sun out to get better shots but now that I look over the pictures again I kinda like how the paint reflects the skies and shadows.

Perhaps if the sun would of been out all of that would of been missing in the pictutres. Maybe one day next week the sun will be out and I`ll see how it looks. Here is one more picture of the Maserati.

Adios,

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony-the clarity is what I really like about the Euro version of Menzerna FP. I find it works very well with either NXT or Poorboy`s EX-P Sealant. I`ll probably try Meguiars #16 over it next.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome work!!!! I am going to try the FMJ also. That is the Euro verison of FP that Scottwax has been using and im going to try some myself. Kinda pricey but it has an awesome result.

Edit: Repeatd what Scottwax said above me. Oops. I wont let my reply stay idle for a while next time.
    Trent Byrd

Down N` Dirty Auto Detailing-Owner

Perfection is my standard!

Thread Information