Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    First tests with FP and the PC for me. My Jeep lives indoors, so IP was not necessary. I washed with EO, then applied the FP onto the much-debated orange pad from CMA. The PC stayed between 3.5 and 4.5 and I worked each area until the product almost disappeared completely. As promised, the mf squeaked upon removal and I would estimate that 95% of the swirls were gone or filled. I didn`t use the alcohol route--one new thing at a time, eh? In order to get rid of one of the many bottles in my cabinet without resorting to waste, I topped the FP with liquid GC. She`s pretty for today, at least...

I know these wheelwell shots are always boring, but my APC+ arrived with my Menzerna bottles, and I`m sold.

FULL FRONTAL!!

The light is bad but the swirls are gone. Jeep really needs to work on the orange peel situation. My beater is in the background; it gets all the ski, bike, and paddling duties.

Finally, another glamour shot but this one is five minutes away and MUCH more aesthetically pleasing. Somebody has to compete with Ch!lledBudwei2e for scenic placement...

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    It got up to about 39 here, and the snow is melting so the roads are nasty as hell, lucky dog

Looks great!

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GoodnClean

It got up to about 39 here, and the snow is melting so the roads are nasty as hell, lucky dog

Looks great!

Many thanks. My pics of the Mountaineer last weekend are from Keymar, MD. I know what you are dealing with because your roads fouled up my freshly EX`d and S100`d finish

Post Thanks / Like
    Really thorough job! The fenderwells look brand new!

I wish it would get up to 55 here. Average high is 57-58 now and it hasn`t been that warm in at least a week and the long range forecast shows below average temps through Friday. Ugh.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Great shots and the Wrangler looks wonderful!! Nice effort.

We got up close to 40F today. Had my first opportunity to try a WW towel for drying and they are great...better than I would have ever imagined.
    Cars: bringing people together

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tom p.

Great shots and the Wrangler looks wonderful!! Nice effort.

We got up close to 40F today. Had my first opportunity to try a WW towel for drying and they are great...better than I would have ever imagined.

I had forgotten about that aspect. This was my first time using my Big Blue. What a difference. I didn`t ever think anything would compare to a slightly damp chamois, but the BBT blew it away.

BTW, my girlfriend is at BU, so I`m sure she`s as glad as you were that 40 was on the dial and not 4!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by thinksnow

BTW, my girlfriend is at BU, so I`m sure she`s as glad as you were that 40 was on the dial and not 4!

Indeed!

BTW, how did you get your wheelwells so clean?
    Cars: bringing people together

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tom p.

Indeed!

BTW, how did you get your wheelwells so clean?

Believe it or not, the TJ does get taken off road and it`s driven on the beach down at Corolla, NC. I say that to emphasize the effectiveness of APC+.

Mix of 1:4, spray on dry surface. I sprayed all four wells and then went back around the car with a medium stiffness brush. Hose off the nasty chowder that is stuck up there. Wash car with EO and hit the wells for the second time, but with EO and sponge instead. Dry with the Wal*Mart mf. Dress plastic/rubber bushings with 303.

Engine Kote users, would this work on the painted sections of the wells? I may be anal, but I`m not about to wax that section and it is nice to have at least a little dirt resistance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent job on the Jeep!! Can`t believe the shine coming off on that color!!!
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ajbarnes

Excellent job on the Jeep!! Can`t believe the shine coming off on that color!!!

I credit the FP--if you notice other white Saharas, they don`t hold their shine very well. This is the best that my topless lady has ever looked, and she has seen PwC and the 5xEX procedure before. I think I will start the EX procedure all over again with one important prep ingredient next time:xyxthumbs

Thread Information