Thread: Guess?

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess what I used on this car?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Just incase nobody want`s to try and guess, I used Turtlewax Extreme cleaner-wax $4.00. I have other products (VM, S100, Zaino Etc.) but I`m always trying new stuff, So I thought I`d give it a try for some of the daily drivers I do. I was very happy with the results no prep just washed and applied the product.

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    AAAWWWWW! You beat me to it. I was going to do a "less than $15 worth of product" detail this weekend! Nice work, and to echo some on this forum, "It`s not a product, it`s a process."

:xyxthumbs
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry It wont happen again, a process

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a client`s car or yours?

If it is yours, it would be interesting to watch durability of TW`s cleaner wax.

Back in the day when I thought a good smell and the "Winner" tag marked the best possible product, I used Xymol`s cleaner wax. It actually left a pretty good shine but lasted a very short time.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s my car and this TW is very durable, after severl weeks of snow, slush and salt I washed it and it still shines. It says that it contains trilicone for extreme shine & Protection & last through months of weather & washing and apparently really does what it says.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have the TW Extreme...The durability is about 3 weeks (ungaraged, in California summer sun and overnight condensation)...It cleans well, decent shine, and removal is moderately easy. The trilicone is basically silicone, carnauba, and some acrylics mixed together so I wouldn`t say it will last months, but still it`s a decent product.
    swirl marks = enemy

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks awesome! Surprising results with TW!:xyxthumbs
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great even in the shade. I like those new Tiburon`s.
    2000 Eclipse GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Since you are always looking to try something new, I thought I`d give you a heads up on TW`s new product, Platinum.

Extraordinary formula of pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax combined with Bavarian Montan wax to provide maximum shine, perfect clarify and deep gloss to a car`s finish. Formulated with fluoropolymer resins to fill in minor scratches and swirl marks. Layering several coats of Platinum Series Wax will further enhance the shine and clarity of the car`s finish.

Fluoropolymer seems to be closely related to PTFE which is teflon, so I`m not sure what that implies. It sounds like the fluoropolymer is what is filling scratches/swirls. PTFE is supposedly not able to be disolved by a solvent, so I don`t know how they could get it in a form to fill swirls. I may be wrong about the fluoropolymer=PTFE, though.

Just thought I`d give you a heads up on a product. They say layering increases shine and clarity, but I suppose using a cleaner or polish multiple times would have the same effect.
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Thread Information