Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax,

Those cars are amazing. I`ve never seen detailing like that before. You are extremely talented. I wish you could detail my vehicles, nothing nice but I like clean. What did you use to clean up those dirty $20`s. Did you have to launder them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

Treated the leather with that new Turtle Wax Leather Conditioner. Pretty decent product, soaks in real fast and leaves a light sheen and fresh leather scent.

Can you give a description of the bottle and lable? Perhaps a pic? I need to get something to use in the winter. Leatherique doesn`t soak in when it`s cold / cool outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    ZGripT-I like the AIO/UPP combo, it`s really glossy and slick, but it doesn`t look as deep as carnauba combos. I may go with AIO/UPP on cars as an extra cost sealant option, although honestly, I like the look of Poorboy`s PwC and EX just as much. AIO/UPP seems a more `clear` combination, while PwC/EX darken the color slightly.

edschwab1-I think they are very similar in that they both leave the leather soft, non greasy with a nice scent and a very light sheen.

73GRAND-the guy who owns the Bentley owns several topless clubs, so I am sure he came by the money legally, seeing that his businesses are very cash heavy.

PAW-I found the TW leather conditioner at both Target and Pep Boys. I picked up a bottle when I was out of Tanners one day and now use it pretty much exclusively since it is so widely available. You can get it in both `lotion` and `spray` form as well. The bottle is a light creme color and clearly labeled.

GoodnClean-Yes, I am still new to Klasse and Platinum products. I prefer applying SG the Bill North way, worked very well on that Z4.

Again, I want to thanks edschwab for the samples!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    As always, all of the cars look great Scott. You`ve been supplying the board with a lot of eye candy here lately. Lovin` it!!:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome as always Scott....
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott, how long are you leaving on the UPP before you buff it off? Everything looks great...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by grt1today

Scott, how long are you leaving on the UPP before you buff it off? Everything looks great...

15-30 minutes. It`s just too windy here to leave it on much longer and risk dust settling on the paint. That is the one problem with being mobile, I don`t get much choice of where the car will be parked.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, great job on the Vett! I`m gonna try some of that leather stuff too, thanx for the tip.
    ~Miguel

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott: Like everyone said, awesome work. I`m lovin how the tires look on the Lex. Don`t ask me why, but they just have such a nice sheen to them .

I`m not sure if you`ve been back to the 740 yet, but how do you prefer the AIO/SG to the AIO/UPP...In terms of shine, depth, slickness, and dust/dirt prevention. I`m trying to develop a good sealant combo for my customers who want the extra protection.

Oh yeah, another question...little off-topic. But seeing you have experience with both. I`m doing my girlfriend`s decently swirled Pathfinder in 2 weeks, I`m gonna do Clay, DACP, SFP, AIO, SG. I was wondering if you reccomended doing a VM or SEPC after the SFP? (Holy Acronyms Batman!) Will it add more gloss that will last on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean-I didn`t clean the 740 this week, I detailed his wife`s Navigator (the one on the first page) and she was driving the BMW. I like the look of SG on the silver Z4, but I think since UPP looks a bit wetter, I like it more on dark colors.

Both SG and UPP are pretty slick but UPP has the advantage there. SG is easier to use if you employ the Bill North method of wipe on, wipe off. UPP needs to sit (according to what I read on premuim auto care) for 45-60 minutes to properly crosslink. To me, that is an ease of use issue, especially since it is so windy here. Last thing I want to be doing is wiping dusty UPP off a black car. If you have a garage to work in though, it really isn`t an issue, other than waiting.

On the Pathfinder, my preference is VM....once I started using it, I sent the remainder of the S100 SEC to Pats300zx. Not that it isn`t a good product, I really liked it a lot, but I like VM even more.
    www.scottwax.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information