Thread: My Honda

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to post this in Scottwax`s thread with his Honda and 2001civicex`s Honda, but I thought I`d start my own thread.

I used Meguiars Gold Class with my PC and the original pad, and Black Magic Tire Wet on the tires, I believe.

Hope you enjoy!
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice angle.

Great lookin Honda there too!
    ~Miguel

Post Thanks / Like
    8` ladder angle. Thats a hard trick on the side of a hilll, let me tell you! I risked my life to get that shoot of pictures. Thanks for the praise!
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that is DAMN GOOD for a 90 Si.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I guess I should mention that this was a Texas car until it came to WI a couple years ago, and has been stored winters. Also, it appears as if it has been repainted before I got it [actually not that good of a job] and the hood was repainted while in my posession.

Most people that don`t know as much about cars think that it is pretty new, and people that know more about cars know that it is a good lookin` old car!

Thanks for looking!
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like CRX`s, they`re just too small of me. BUT, I am buring a `97 Accord tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Corey Bit Spank

... I am buring a `97 Accord tomorrow.
    RIP

(j/k!)

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, good thing it isn`t a CRX...nothing like a casket that is too small!

I`m ~5`11" and the CRX seems to fit me and 1 other person just fine. Now I just gotta find one other person to share my love with...umm...yeah.

I don`t even put the seat back all the way, and I have pretty long legs, but then the steering wheel and shifter get pretty far away...maybe I`m just weird proportioned. I think converting to a 3 and 9 o`clock hand position might help, but I like having my hands up a little higher 10 and 2 for spirited driving...I`ll try to convert...
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh wow, great looking crx. i have a lot of friends who appreciate the car, known for its autocrossing features.. nice :up

Post Thanks / Like
    You still running the stock D series SOHC motor in it? If so, time to swap to a B18 DOHC GSR motor, 75 shot of nitrous, and have some fun beating on LS1`s

Looks great though:xyxthumbs
    My turbo GSR was stolen, now I`m stuck detailing the girlfriends car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow I dont see how you can apply GC with a PC. I tried applying it with a rotary and it just beaded up all over the pad. That stuff is horrible to work with even by hand.
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice shape for a 90 man. This past summer I installed a Civic Si motor in one of them. The kid loved it for a few weeks and then he came back and had me do a lil Vortec supercharger job.. Yeah she goes pretty good for a honda:shocked
    Ever see a Honda run a mid 11 at the track and then drive home to tell about it? Nope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, the thread is alive again. Too bad the car is in storage for the winter otherwise I`d go snap a few more pictures. Here is one I took this past summer anyway.

It is in pretty good condition for being a `90, and mostly original parts. Only things are Flowmaster muffler, ES shifter bushings, the wheels of course, and a modified intake tract with K&N filter.

If I had more money to dump into it, I`d probably get a B18A or B from base Integra models - it is non-vtec, and think about turbocharging. Realistically, this past summer I don`t think I even made enough money to make that happen.

Gold Class...

I maintain my position that it isn`t a bad wax. That was the first product I used with my PC and was amazed by the change. I probably worked it in more than a person typically would, which probably accounted for some of the change.

The most common gripe with the product seems to be the durability. I guess I have a hard time telling when a product is there and when it isn`t, so I`m not a good one to comment on that. It seems to me like it goes through a few phases...right after you apply it, it really beads well. After a while, it doesn`t seem to bead quite as well, but still resists the water [no clinging]. Something that I`ve read some people do is leave one spot unprotected so you can compare the "protected" section with the "unprotected" one. I think I`ll have to implement that method.

I have a couple things to say in responce to your post, COBRyan. I don`t think Gold Class was intended to be applied with a rotary, but never the less, it should work, I suppose. One thing I`ve noticed is that GC is very insoluable to water. Some people wet their pad with QD or water when working with a product. That doesn`t work with GC...It`ll just bead up as you described.

I`ve had best luck applying GC with a PC. You can get pretty thin layers with wipe off easily. Another benefit is that the product will probably end up being worked into the paint more thoroughly.

Another disadvantage to GC is that it stains trim pretty bad. One thing I discovered while using it is that not all plastic pieces turn white by wax. There are certain plastic pieces on my car including the piece right behind the door-windows and the mirrors that I can use any wax on. However, on parts that do turn white, it is bad. I guess that gives me more reason to dress my trim.

Wow, I`ve been long-winded tonight...I think it is because I`ve been avoiding other work for school.

This picture here is of the rear fender...it has cracks in it, either due to the poor repaint that covers most of the car, or the poor-quality filler behind the paint. It is my job to work with what I have and bring the car to it`s maximum potential, so I have found it in myself to overlook the defect. This summer, I might try spraying the area with rattle-can paint...it really can`t hurt I don`t think, but we`ll see.

Kevin

Attached Images Attached Images
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    clean car. whats your winter beater?

Post Thanks / Like
    Last winter it was my family`s `86 GMC Jimmy that is very rusty...but we`ve had it since new, and got it right before I was born, so I`m affectionate toward it.

Currently, the emergency brake is seized and park doesn`t work on it, so my dad said he didn`t want me driving it anymore.

He got a new truck, though -a 2000 GMC 2500...6 liter engine, I think it is...

The truck he stopped driving is a 1991 GMC 2500 extended cab, long box...it is enormous. It is funny to think about driving that monster and a CRX. At first I didn`t like the truck, but I`ve gotten accustomed to it, and don`t mind it much anymore. Right before winter set in, I did a quickie on it, cleaning the wheels and tires which were pretty dirty, and the white lettering on the tires was black. I also took the PC around it using Zymol Cleaner/Wax because I figured I wouldn`t be as likely to use it on my vehicle as other products. I didn`t do the roof, and dew was setting by the time I was wiping it off, so it didn`t get removed completely, but I did the best I could. Never the less, it was better than before. I think It`ll be a good test subject for my rotary. He doesn`t like the idea of it being my guineau pig, but he never looks after it appearance wise [he takes very good mechanical care of it, though], so I really don`t think he should be complaining. My major complaints that haven`t worn off are the size, you have to take every corner really wide otherwise you wipe out stop signs and hop curbs. Also, when it is cold outside, the Spicer cast iron manual transmission is very stubborn...it doesn`t like to move out of gear and the synchronizers seem to not work great either. It`ll either grind or not go in at all. It has made me a better m/t driver though, learning how to get by without synchronizers. [cold shifts seem to work better if you "manually" synch the tranny]

I`ll see if I can find some pictures tomorrow, but I gotta finish up a bit of work that I haven`t started and go to bed. I don`t know what has gotten into me tonight! The words just keep coming off the keyboard. :shocked
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Thread Information