Post Thanks / Like
    Well I didnt have much time for this only a few hours so I broke it down into two steps for the paint. I used DACP with a yellow cutting pad then followed up with Pinnacle Liquid Souvern with a White Polishing Pad. There still are a few scratches but I didnt want to use a more abrasive pad because I didnt have time to go back over it to ensure there would be no hazing.

Left side nothing, Right side DACP w/ a yellow pad

Close Up

Hood Before

After 3-5 minutes with DACP and a yellow Pad

Reflection With Pinnacle Liquid Souvern

For Full Size Pics Go Here

I dont know if this is agaisnt the rules and if so feel free to tell me and I will delete this or a mod can delete it, but I want to see if I am cheating myself on pricing or not compared to others. I am not a professional detailer this is just a hobby I do for friends and family.

This job consisted of.......

Hand wash and dry

Polish and Minor Scratch Removal

Wax Exterior

2-Step Leather Treatment

Vacuum

Windows inside and out

Vinyl and Dash protection

Clean wheels and dress tires

Polish chrome and apply rubber protectant

I charged $75

Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn`t see it :doh
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Looks nice. I love the LS, its a total sleeper car and is very luxurious as well.
    ~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by C-MDX

Couldn`t see it :doh

Thank you, it is fixed now. Fotki no longer allows remote linking

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I can see it. Very nice :xyxthumbs
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work! Did you use a PC or rotary with the DACP?

I would have charged a minimum of $150.00 for that job. I see you are in high school, but don`t let that mean you should charge less.

I would recommend that you visit a couple local detail shops and take home any price lists and promotional material they offer. Look it over and see what they charge for the different packages. Then compare to what you offer. Make changes to your prices and your packages.

If you do good work, then you can charge higher prices. Then your customers tell family and friends and then you get more work and they won`t bat an eye lash at dropping $150 - $175 to have their car looking good.

Also, include vacuuming trunk, cleaning door jambs and trunk jamb. Also include cleaning wheel wells and describe more about cleaning the interior like kick plates, door panels etc...

You can write up some nice material describing everything you do.

Hope this helps.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohh yeah! Nothing like a red Lincoln!

Post Thanks / Like
    got a pic of the whole car?
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Spilchy

Nice work! Did you use a PC or rotary with the DACP?

I would have charged a minimum of $150.00 for that job. I see you are in high school, but don`t let that mean you should charge less.

I would recommend that you visit a couple local detail shops and take home any price lists and promotional material they offer. Look it over and see what they charge for the different packages. Then compare to what you offer. Make changes to your prices and your packages.

If you do good work, then you can charge higher prices. Then your customers tell family and friends and then you get more work and they won`t bat an eye lash at dropping $150 - $175 to have their car looking good.

Also, include vacuuming trunk, cleaning door jambs and trunk jamb. Also include cleaning wheel wells and describe more about cleaning the interior like kick plates, door panels etc...

You can write up some nice material describing everything you do.

Hope this helps.

Yes I did use a PC for this, but on other vehicles with extreme swirling I use a rotary. I do vacum and clean the trunk and door jabs. I clean the wheel wells on my top two packages or upon request from the client. I would visit other detailers shops, but we only have one other shop that does quality work. Also keep in mind I do not have to pay for my own products so that is a main reason why I can charge less of a price. I offer alot of custom packages and have made more then twice what I was charging on some vehicles. I wish I could do more work, but I only started this summer for a summer job, but with school now I can only detail on the weekend and maybe wash a car or two during the week. I do get alot of perks and all the details I do are done at my house and the clients actually enjoy me being able to pick up their cars and bring them back without them having to drive here and back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Redcar GUY

got a pic of the whole car?

Sorry unfortunetly not, the sun went down soon after I took those pics and it is now thundering and lighting outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you really enjoy the detailing, maybe try getting a job at that shop after shool? Weekends, you can work on cars yourself.

You can learn a lot more and also see how a business runs from the backend like dealing with suppliers, vendors, administrative duties, etc... Maybe it`s a business you would like to get in to later.

Just a thought. Keeo up the good work :xyxthumbs
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Spilchy

If you really enjoy the detailing, maybe try getting a job at that shop after shool? Weekends, you can work on cars yourself.

You can learn a lot more and also see how a business runs from the backend like dealing with suppliers, vendors, administrative duties, etc... Maybe it`s a business you would like to get in to later.

Just a thought. Keeo up the good work :xyxthumbs

Thank you very much for your support and suggestions, but right now I dont have time to work at a job with all the after school activities I am involved in. Being able to detail on my time is really the best thing for me right now. Detailing is more of a hobby and past time for me not a job. I enjoy bringing dull cars back to life and just overall improving the look of a vehicle. Even though I love cars and detailing them, I do not believe I could turn it into a full time profession.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Beason

Thank you very much for your support and suggestions, but right now I dont have time to work at a job with all the after school activities I am involved in. Being able to detail on my time is really the best thing for me right now. Detailing is more of a hobby and past time for me not a job. I enjoy bringing dull cars back to life and just overall improving the look of a vehicle. Even though I love cars and detailing them, I do not believe I could turn it into a full time profession.

I understand that, seeing that I`m 19. But when I was in high school, I`ve worked at Jiffy Lube, and a detail shop through out the 4 boring years of school, and now I do detailing for my self, on free time from college, so it`s not a bad way to make (a lot) money on your schedule.

Just a suggestion:xyxthumbs
    My turbo GSR was stolen, now I`m stuck detailing the girlfriends car.

Thread Information