Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I detailed this Lexus and after it was done I stepped back to look it over and take it all in and I could not figure out what was wrong with it.

I walked around and around it several times and usually me eyes scan over the car and I can pick out certain areas that need some touch up or I just like to let my eyes follow the contours and the way it "gels" together but for some odd reason I could not get a good feel from this car. There was something wrong with it but I coul dnot put my finger on it. Could it be the wheels? Or perhaps the shape of the car? What ever it is it sure bugged me and still does :nixweiss

I mean the car came out OK but something is out of place somewhere. Oh well I hope you all enjoy the pictures.

Anthony
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course this car had custome dealer installed swirls so it needed alot of TLC.

They were taken care of with a polishing pad and Light Cut, hand rubbed out with AIO and then topped with Trade Secret.

There are a few minor swirls in the rear areas but I had to pack it up for the night as it was getting late.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah....it might be the wheels...it`s really odd. At least I now know it`s just not me:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the last shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony,

Great job!

I really like the new SC430 but the wheels are the downfall to the car. The wheels seem like they do not belong on the car.

Again, great job on the detail! I just love shiny black cars!

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not a big fan of the wheels either, but I love the shape of the car and how well Lexus paint holds up.

As usual, there are not enough superlatives to describe your work!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Definetly The Wheels. Deanski And I Were Discussing This The Other Night, Gorgeous Car, But The Wheels, Blech.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t like the wheels when I first saw it, but I`ve grown accustomed to it. If you ask me, I think it looks like a big giant disk. What Lexus should`ve done was put on the 5-spoke rims from the IS. I think it would look better.

Anthony, excellent job as always! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the good words

I am trying to picture the Lexus with different wheels but I am having a hard time seeing it with chrome wheels or the typical grey colored clear coated types:nixweiss

It`s almost as if chrome wheels are too "bling bling" for such a small car. What do you all think?

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Lexus but I think the stock rims look so cheesy
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony, nice job. This car has always left me hanging. Top up destroys the lines, top down you fall in love with the shape. In my opinion this car was designed out of the gate as a convertible, they all stood back and said, "How do we attach a roof to this creation?" The car has a very heavy look, and they really didn`t help it by adding such a bulky heavy looking rim. Sordof completed the "TANK" look. Just thought I`d throw my two cents in. Anthony, any chance you could throw a top down photo at us?

Mark G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark,

I was so pressed for time in the picture snapping I didn`t have time to put the scissor top down.

Now that is perhaps the coolest thing about the car.....the automatic scissor top!! When I first washed it and was going to put the top down I thought there is no way that thing is going to fit into the little area inside the trunk area but sure enough is fits to a "T".

The trunk area without the top in it is huge but put down the top and you can hold maybe a gallon of milk

Mark you give a nice assesment of the overall features and thanks for the kind words.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason why Toyota Japan decided to put those hideous caps on is because on the previous SC`s the calipers would rust and it would look terrible. So they literally covered up the problem!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate the stock rims. Here are the L Sportline rims that you can get from the dealer--Looks like a different car.

or even better, AutoCouture Indicator`s

This car was definitely made to roll topless though. Like the Viper.
    2001 Black Onyx Lexus IS300

Swift Racing Intake, HKS Exhaust

19" Gewalt Evo II`s My Car

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing how a different wheel design completely changes the appearance of this vehicle. I am an all stock appearing wheel believer but in this case a different set does wonders without distracting from value or class.

Nice pictures atldave and Anthony

SC430 and black. WOW!!!

Great detailing Anthony . Gotta hid these pictures from my wife. She will definitely want to trade our black LS400 for a black SC430.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information