Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well here is a first

One would expect their detailing pictures to be hi-jacked and posted up on another car detailing type forum but a few of my pictures were just hi-jacked (informed by a watchful Autopian) and then posted up on a computer forum of all places:shocked

The guy has yet to fess up to it, even after being sent private PM`s so I posted in the forum myself. I am not upset by it as I now see it as a compliment but claiming you are a part time detailer and then showing anothers work as your own is just wrong.

Kinda funny really

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah these pics dont look like an egged porsche

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...=egged+porsche

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done the same thing with my personal graphic design/illustration portfolio, which I burn onto discs and send to clients.

I put a very large image of my design logo over any example of work. I fade it back so it is just barely visible but because the logo is complicated and it is overlayed on the entire photo, it would be very, very difficult to photoshop it out. If you put the copyright information too small or off in one corner... sure it won`t distract from the photo, but it would be way too easy to crop out or erase.

I will "watermark" the same with any/all photos I take of my vehicles. It may render the photo slightly more difficult to read, but I seriously doubt it keeps any potential client from using your services.

My .02 worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay.....what`s the deal with my Porsche pics being replaced?? Guess I`ll have to go to that thread and repost the pics. Thanks for the heads up.

HoneyGold,

Great idea! Thanks

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony,

The forum software has had problems recently with attached images getting switched around. The problem only affects attachments; if you put your images into the Autopia gallery (or use a photo hosting service), you can use the IMG tag to post pics and avoid the bug. Using the IMG tag also has the added advantage of allowing you to post multiple pics in the same post (as opposed to one attachment per post).

You`re not the first to get bitten by this bug; sorry for the inconvenience . . .

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Tort,

Hey no problem, bugs happens

I`ll try hosting them in an upcoming post. Thanks

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    These picutres look familar do they belong to anyone? Maybe the onwers are members, if so disregard.

Detail Kings

Detail Kings 2 picture of Cyclo Master Anthony O.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by edschwab1

These picutres look familar do they belong to anyone? Maybe the onwers are members, if so disregard.

Detail Kings

Detail Kings 2 picture of Cyclo Master Anthony O.

Eric

Eric,

I am not sure about the truck and the Porsche but the Cyclo pic is mine as is the picture of the red Ferrari 360.

What in the heck gives with people:nixweiss Can`t they take pictures of cars they themselves have done?

Oh well, thanks so much for the heads up :xyxthumbs

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

Eric,

I am not sure about the truck and the Porsche but the Cyclo pic is mine as is the picture of the red Ferrari 360.

What in the heck gives with people:nixweiss Can`t they take pictures of cars they themselves have done?

Oh well, thanks so much for the heads up :xyxthumbs

Anthony

Anthony,

I thought the Ferrari pic was yours, but I could not find it posted anyplace. The Ferrari picture probably went lost with one of the crashes as I searched, but to no avail. I also, searched for both the truck and Porsche as they look like pics posted here or on DC, but had the same result.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Edit to my post made on Wednesday 7-14-04. Edit made @ 7-15-04 06:12EST:

I am not saying if the owners of this business are members of Autopia that is gives them or anyone the right to use without permission (steal) someone else`s picture(s) for their own gain. This could be considered Fraud due to the misrepresentation. But maybe they posted the pictures of the Envoy and Porsche. Thou I thought the Envoy was posted AuroraV8 sometime ago.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not read this thread in a while.

But let me see if I got this straight....

Anthony someone is using your hard work on their site, making people think that they did the work, when in fact your company did the work.

Have you called this people?

This is TOTALLY F`up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NY detailer

I have not read this thread in a while.

But let me see if I got this straight....

Anthony someone is using your hard work on their site, making people think that they did the work, when in fact your company did the work.

Have you called this people?

This is TOTALLY F`up!

Apparently Anthony jumped on them, the pictures are no longer on their site. In fact, more than just the pictures Anthonoy mentioned are gone. The website looks quite vacant now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys.....

Yeah I di dcontact the guys who own and operate that website and they apologized, which is cool, and then explained why they did what they did.

He told me they would promptly remove them which it seems they have done but I also told them they can use my pics for a period of 2 weeks or until they got their own pictures up.

I believe it is great that they have been apologetic for it and so quick to correct it.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Watermark or logo your pictures. Very quick and easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    or charge them to use em.... this could be a money maker.. charge them .01 for every site visitor, or something like that.

I had a problem on this web forum a few months ago, i wrote several messages to the webmasters and they replied but never did anything about it. I was then locked out of my account for two months. But what happened was I saw a picture of my 350z that I had taken in orlando at the car show, and someone else was using it in their thread. They were talking about how good there car was shining after waxing etc. I pm`d them with no response. I tried reposting MY original picture again in another thread but it wouldnt work... what a PITA. I don`t knw what was going on but i was pissed and quit surfing the forum for a while since noone here cared enough to solve the problem. not that anyone cares but I`m over it and still love this site. theres not another one like it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information