Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Can I graduate from the University? My first detail since finding this great site. Still not done, but now its time to fix the little things. Thanks to everyone on this board

I didnt take any before shots since it wasnt pretty what it looked like, It was nasty....

I did this, by hand this time

Dawn

clay bar

more clay bar

even more clay bar

Z7 wash

Scratch X for the bigger scratches

Meguiar`s Swirl Remover 2.0 for the entire truck

Z1

3 coats of Z5/wZFX

2 coats or Z2 wZFX

I used Z6 with each coat to get it on thin, w the ZFX It took around 30 minutes to dry for each coat and about a hour for the Z2 and the first coat of Z5.

I did the work last saturday and of course it rained in new england for the entire week. so this is after a week in the rain and a quick Z7 wash today.

The next time ill get something with a motor to do a better job on the scratches ( swirls are gone ) what I expected by hand.

Ill take some better shots when they are all finished, the bike only has a couple of coats to test things out so ill do the same as I did to the truck

-Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    nice.. very nice !

excellent job !

Post Thanks / Like
    That bike is sweet! Excellent job
    2000 Mustang V6/5-Speed
    2002 PT Cruiser Limited

hondaguy2582
    good job, just one question, how did you do all that in a day? Im an enthusiast, but man, thats a lot of steps to do in a day especially if you do it all by hand(mine is usually, wash, clay, wash, polish, wax or sealant). definitely use a pc next time around to speed the process up so you won`t wear yourself out and save a couple hours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Easy, the women that lives next door called me crazy.. I started at 7 am when she left and she came home at 6:30pm I was still outside. She did say it looks brand new now It was definiatly a long day. I took a rest between the coats of zaino and put the truck in the garage around 7:30pm put it up on stands and did the tires and plastic stuff around 10pm. I spent the week before testing out stuff on the bike and the truck so one thing that helped is I knew what I wanted to do and what to expect. also I could get the zaino on pretty thin with the Z6 and that saved time.

it was pretty bad near the ground fx so the clay near the bottom of the truck took the most time

Post Thanks / Like
    hondaguy2582, you got me thinking and one thing I did wrong was the zaino instructions say to put on only 3 coats if your using ZFX withing a 24 hour period. I put on 5, ive put on more since but does anyone know if thats going to cause a problem at all or know why you can only put on 3? the zaino site just says for better results

Im pretty happy with the results anyhow. Have had a ton of compliments. I was stopped at a light and the guy next to me said Wow nice truck and man is that thing red!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work and cool bike.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Thread Information