Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Canon A40, very good quality camera for the price.

Dana

Post Thanks / Like
    Fuji 602. The movie mode on this still camer is great too! Highly recommended.
    - - -

2001 Black Corvette Coupe, 99 Black VW New Beetle, 98 Silver ML320, 2003 Vulcan Classic 1600 MC.

Post Thanks / Like
    For digital camera usage there is a Canon A10 camera running around my family. I will hopefully get either a Canon S series or a Minolta Dimage X soon.

The picture below was taken with a Fuji Endeavor 310ix APS camera and put onto a Kodak Picture disk. (Pinnacle PCL (citrius smelling version) with PC and foam polishing pad and topped with Souveran.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I`ve yet to see a digital camera that produces the same high image quality that a good 35mm camera does.

I agree with that a film camera will take a better picture than some digitals. When comparing camera compare PAS film to PAS digital and SLR to DLSR. Have you seen pictures from high megapixel DSLR`s? I also know a photographer who does awarding work and is uses digital exclusively.

Also, one of the photography magazines (I believe Pop Photo) just compared a DSLR Canon to a Canon SLR. The DSLR was sharper and showed more detailed when magnfying the picture.

Granted, DSLR are not cheap, but are coming down in price, and would be a worth while investment.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a Sony Mavica CD200 for most of my pictures- it`s a tank of a digital camera that shoots 2.1MP pictures and writes them to a 3" CD-R (or CD-RW) right inside the camera.

The LCD display is nice and big (and bright), and the camera does take some decent pictures. It`s real strength is low light pictures - the aperature is 2.0, so it`s pretty capable in poor light.

For Mile Marker related stuff, I use a Canon G2 or my Canon EOS A1 SLR (and then scan the prints). It all depends on what we`re trying to accomplish - when we go to auto shows, and volume is more important, I use the G2. But, for my Bentley photos and G Gordon Liddy photo shoot, I used the SLR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information