Post Thanks / Like

Porsche 911 makeover!

2007 Porsche Carrera 4S
    Carrera White/Terracotta
    6 speed manual
    3.8 liter flat 6
    95,000 miles
    Project high mileage resto!

Client brought in their much beloved, driven and tracked 911 for a facelift. Paint was dull, full of swirls and a bit lifeless.

The ‘details’:

Adam’s shampoo, tire & rubber cleaner, and wheel cleaner.
    McKee’s37 iron remover.
    Medium clay mitt.
    Optimum APC.
    Scangrip lighting.
    DeFelsko PTG’s
    HF Hercules FR polisher.
    LC pads.
    Griot’s FCC and Perfecting creams.
    Optimum panel wipe.
    Aquatek Singular coating topped with Bliss.
    Adam’s graphene tire dressing, glass cleaner, total interior cleaner.
    McKee’s37 70/30 leather lotion.
    One step metal polish on tailpipes.
    Metro vacuum.

Thanks for looking!

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Porsche 911 makeover!

Sizzle chest:
    Did you ever detail this particular 911 before??

Is that key-like loop in the front bumper on the passenger side a required safety hook for towing for this client`s track use??
    It just looks out-of-place, BUT if the 911 is tracked, you do what is required.
    Or is it a pull switch to activate a fire-suppressant system?? I assume the owner adds the "Fire" arrow placard/decal at the track if it is needed.
    I also assume the rims and tires are his daily-driver set and that the owner may have track tires mounted on different rims that the owner uses for that purpose.
    Or am I misinterpreting the term "track" and it means just "spirited driving" this 911 on the track under controlled conditions; IE not really "racing".

Love the white, but not so sure on the terracotta "orange" leather. Hey, but what is not to "dislike"; it IS a 911 Carrera 4S. Or as I always say about most really nice exotic or high-end vehicles I see, despite the less-than-desirable-by-me exterior or interior color combinations, "I would not kick it out of my garage." And this particular 911 is no exception to that.

The leather looks in good shape and your use of McKee`s37 70/30 leather lotion seems to do wonders for that interior material.

One request before the beta-test one-step metal polish is used up: Could you do a before-and-after pics of the tailpipes to demonstrate and photographically document how well (good?) this product really works on tailpipes. You do not have to show the metal polish when it is applied on the tailpipes and I doubt you can because of the non-disclosure agreements; just the "before" condition and the "after" results.

And as usual, excellent,excellent detailing on this Porsche. Like so many other Porsche 911`s you have detailed, this one, too, looks like it belongs in your driveway.

Thanks for the pics and posting them. I am sure other Autopian Porscheophiles do not tire of seeing the 911`s you do. (Well, I do not anyway!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Sizzle chest:
    Did you ever detail this particular 911 before?? I have not

Is that key-like loop in the front bumper on the passenger side a required safety hook for towing for this client`s track use?? It is a tow hook for track use.
    It just looks out-of-place, BUT if the 911 is tracked, you do what is required.
    Or is it a pull switch to activate a fire-suppressant system?? I assume the owner adds the "Fire" arrow placard/decal at the track if it is needed.
    I also assume the rims and tires are his daily-driver set and that the owner may have track tires mounted on different rims that the owner uses for that purpose. He uses his street setup when he tracks it!
    Or am I misinterpreting the term "track" and it means just "spirited driving" this 911 on the track under controlled conditions; IE not really "racing". It`s not a full blown race car, he does DE and some track events with it.

Love the white, but not so sure on the terracotta "orange" leather. Hey, but what is not to "dislike"; it IS a 911 Carrera 4S. Or as I always say about most really nice exotic or high-end vehicles I see, despite the less-than-desirable-by-me exterior or interior color combinations, "I would not kick it out of my garage." And this particular 911 is no exception to that. I think it looks better in person than my pics.

The leather looks in good shape and your use of McKee`s37 70/30 leather lotion seems to do wonders for that interior material. It has a few miles on it and some seat time for sure, but was in OK shape!

One request before the beta-test one-step metal polish is used up: Could you do a before-and-after pics of the tailpipes to demonstrate and photographically document how well (good?) this product really works on tailpipes. You do not have to show the metal polish when it is applied on the tailpipes and I doubt you can because of the non-disclosure agreements; just the "before" condition and the "after" results. If I remember next time, I will gladly entertain your request!!

And as usual, excellent,excellent detailing on this Porsche. Like so many other Porsche 911`s you have detailed, this one, too, looks like it belongs in your driveway.

Thanks for the pics and posting them. I am sure other Autopian Porscheophiles do not tire of seeing the 911`s you do. (Well, I do not anyway!)

Thank you very much! Appreciate it!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! I am going to use my 25% off coupon on the Herc Forced rotation. I was wondering what LC Pads and color of pad you find to work best?
    Force, SDO? I know that for the Force’s the colors don’t exactly match the SDO etc..

Orange and FCC, white for Perfecting?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

^^Good deal, great machine! I use the force hybrids. I have their assortment. But my go to are the orange with FCC and white with Perfecting, yes!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Scott! Any speed recommendations with each pad and polish? Prime, no prime, pea size drops, reload amount? How many pads did you use on the 911?

Thank you in advance, excited to use the new machine!

Post Thanks / Like

I run her full out/maxed out for my initial cutting. 4`ish for polishing.

I don`t prime, maybe just a little. Pea sized or larger. Clean pad with air/MF towel between reloading. Same amount on reloads. Typically 1 pad per panel.

Excited to hear what you think!!

(and you are very welcome!)
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Thread Information