Jaguar F Type

2019 Jaguar F Type
    British Racing Green Metallic
    10K miles
    2.0 Liter turbo 4
    300HP/300TQ
    5.7 sec 0-60, 155mph top speed
    Operation Jag Off

Client brought me their new to them F type. Typical swirls and scuffs. Nothing horrible. Paint responded well and was a pleasure to work with. Great color!

The ‘details’:

Adam’s shampoo, tire & rubber cleaner, and wheel cleaner.
    McKee’s37 iron remover.
    Medium clay mitt.
    Optimum APC.
    Scangrip lighting.
    DeFelsko PTG’s
    HF Hercules FR polisher.
    LC pads.
    Griot’s FCC and Perfecting creams.
    Optimum panel wipe.
    Aquatek Singular coating.
    Adam’s graphene tire dressing, glass cleaner, total interior cleaner.
    McKee’s37 70/30 leather lotion.
    One step metal polish on tailpipes.
    303 top cleaner and protectant
    Metro vacuum.

Thanks for looking!

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jaguar F Type

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks amazing! With the supercharged v8 these cars are one of my dream cars. One of many....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Silly! Yes! Mine too! Love how they sound, their exhaust note is heavenly!!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle Chest:
    Just gotta ask about the "one-step metal polish" you are (STILL?) beta-testing and if this is an updated-version or if you are just trying to use it up and this was a good application (the exhaust tail pipe in the center-rear) for it AND if there has been any feedback from the manufacturer on its formula viability (IE final formulation for production) and release date to us mere detailing mortals.

Any "problems" with the convertible top? It looks more "grey" than the tan color of the interior leather, at least in the photos. Maybe it is just the shadows of your house and the Jag not being in direct sunlight to show the true color of the convertible material.

Nice British Racing Green Metallic color to work on that is a well-known and iconic trademark of British motorsports across various manufacturers (at least I think it is, and not unique to just British Leyland). You have really made the metallic part "pop"

Does Jaguar still use Lucas Electricals??
    (Joke: Why do the British drink warm beer? They all have Lucas refrigerators... yeah, unless you`ve owned a vintage (60`s, 70`s, & 80`s) British car with Lucas Electricals, you probably don`t get the joke. Or as the British say, "Lucas Electricals; Prince of Darkness" )
    GB detailer
    Likes Older liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Sizzle Chest:
    Just gotta ask about the "one-step metal polish" you are (STILL?) beta-testing and if this is an updated-version or if you are just trying to use it up and this was a good application (the exhaust tail pipe in the center-rear) for it AND if there has been any feedback from the manufacturer on its formula viability (IE final formulation for production) and release date to us mere detailing mortals. I`m still using it and only have a little bit left. I don`t believe they went thru with it to production, which is a shame as it is good.

Any "problems" with the convertible top? It looks more "grey" than the tan color of the interior leather, at least in the photos. Maybe it is just the shadows of your house and the Jag not being in direct sunlight to show the true color of the convertible material No Problems. It may be the light, the sunlight/time of day was not cooperating with me during the final shots. It has a few fold marks in it as well that look `dirty` but are not.

Nice British Racing Green Metallic color to work on that is a well-known and iconic trademark of British motorsports across various manufacturers (at least I think it is, and not unique to just British Leyland). You have really made the metallic part "pop" Thank you!

Does Jaguar still use Lucas Electricals??
    (Joke: Why do the British drink warm beer? They all have Lucas refrigerators... yeah, unless you`ve owned a vintage (60`s, 70`s, & 80`s) British car with Lucas Electricals, you probably don`t get the joke. Or as the British say, "Lucas Electricals; Prince of Darkness" )

Nope! Lucas is out! Thank goodness...I do know what you speak of!!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle Chest:
    If you, as a beta-tester, believe that the one-step metal polish/cleaner is THAT good, how can you convince them to mass produce it OR at least make a small-batch of it and sell it to a specific test market of professional detailers or car-care hobbyist/enthusiast who might be interested in buying and using this metal polish.
    Or at least convince them to make YOU another beta-sample formula (or tweaked and "improved" formula from beta-testers feedback) to continue using and testing.

Then again you know more about the product and the manufacturer, but not their specific marketing goals or Return-On-Investment strategies. If they deem the material and production cost are too high and will need to charge accordingly along with their profit margin (part of the ROI), it might be too expensive in the eyes (detailing budget) of their target market consumer, no matter how "good" it is. And yes I can use business and marketing terms with the best of them, even if I am ignorant about how to run a business or market a product to a consumer.
    (ANOTHER title for Captain Obvious: detailing product business analyst and marketing consultant..... Big title, little pay)

I will also ask you this: How does this beta-metal polish compare in its ease-of-application and end-results on metals and chrome (I assume it can be used on chrome!?) to other metal polishing products you have experience in using? I don`t know if the manufacturer gave you an estimate or projected Manufacturer`s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) and how that would compare to similar metal polishing products you have bought and used, which is part of my "analysis" above. I doubt you can answer either question or concern here with a typed response (YET!), seeing this is a beta-test product and your confidentiality agreement or non-disclosure order with the manufacturer. (Yes, Captain Obvious is also a business lawyer)

You can answer this question: What IS your specific go-to metal polish of preference (manufacturer and product name or type), and do you have a specific chrome polish? Personally, I find that there are chrome cleaners, then there are metal polishes, and there are chrome polishes. Its much like paint compounds, paint polishes, and paint burnishing/jeweling polishes: each one has specific abrasives and lubricants/suspension/emulsion chemicals or proprietary liquids for each correcting and finishing step.
    (Oh, yeah, Captain Obvious is detailing product chemist as well.. Just do not confuse me with Optimum Polymer Technology`s Dr. David Ghodoussi!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie, you remember that Ford owned Jaguar for a good while, during which time I`m sure they worked to eliminate the memory of Lucas electrics. Jaguar is now owned by Tata, an Indian company.

From what I can make of the Wikipedia listings, what was Lucas has been gone since at least 2004, when the name was sold to another company which uses the brand on their (unrelated to original Lucas) products.

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding. Thanks.

PS: Clever title.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Older...If I ever buy a Jag, that will be my vanity tag, LOL!!!

Setec, thank goodness, right?!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Sizzle Chest:
    If you, as a beta-tester, believe that the one-step metal polish/cleaner is THAT good, how can you convince them to mass produce it OR at least make a small-batch of it and sell it to a specific test market of professional detailers or car-care hobbyist/enthusiast who might be interested in buying and using this metal polish.
    Or at least convince them to make YOU another beta-sample formula (or tweaked and "improved" formula from beta-testers feedback) to continue using and testing. Don`t think I can Lonnie, I guess it`s a numbers($$) thing. It is good though!

Then again you know more about the product and the manufacturer, but not their specific marketing goals or Return-On-Investment strategies. If they deem the material and production cost are too high and will need to charge accordingly along with their profit margin (part of the ROI), it might be too expensive in the eyes (detailing budget) of their target market consumer, no matter how "good" it is. And yes I can use business and marketing terms with the best of them, even if I am ignorant about how to run a business or market a product to a consumer.
    (ANOTHER title for Captain Obvious: detailing product business analyst and marketing consultant..... Big title, little pay Nailed it IMO.

I will also ask you this: How does this beta-metal polish compare in its ease-of-application and end-results on metals and chrome (I assume it can be used on chrome!?) to other metal polishing products you have experience in using? I don`t know if the manufacturer gave you an estimate or projected Manufacturer`s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) and how that would compare to similar metal polishing products you have bought and used, which is part of my "analysis" above. I doubt you can answer either question or concern here with a typed response (YET!), seeing this is a beta-test product and your confidentiality agreement or non-disclosure order with the manufacturer. (Yes, Captain Obvious is also a business lawyer)

You can answer this question: What IS your specific go-to metal polish of preference (manufacturer and product name or type), and do you have a specific chrome polish? Personally, I find that there are chrome cleaners, then there are metal polishes, and there are chrome polishes. Its much like paint compounds, paint polishes, and paint burnishing/jeweling polishes: each one has specific abrasives and lubricants/suspension/emulsion chemicals or proprietary liquids for each correcting and finishing step.
    (Oh, yeah, Captain Obvious is detailing product chemist as well.. Just do not confuse me with Optimum Polymer Technology`s Dr. David Ghodoussi!)
    Will answer both above here: It is very similar to others I`ve used, just a bit easier/faster cleaning/polishing in my experience. I currently use Adams and McKee`s37, that`s what`s in my arsenal. LOL, OK, I won`t confuse with with Doc G!!!

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Thread Information