Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1986 Ferrari Testarossa!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Sizzle Chest:
    Great detailing workmanship on another rare, iconic Ferrari. THAT car looks soooooooo cool in front of your Florida home. I`m thinking that the TV network is shooting an episode from "Miami Vice" and its 1986 all over again (Yes, I know that Ferrari was white and only a replica.)

I do see some white with black edging microfibers next the the pad used correction with the red paint on both of them. What is the manufacturer and type of these microfibers and are they part of the new order of microfibers you were asking suggestions for in another thread topic in this forum? Adam`s single softs. I used the old/beat up/worn out ones to clean the pads on the fly!

Did you take the luggage out of the front storage "trunk" and do anything with them? I did not see any photos of you doing such. Nope, I left it alone!

I also assume you did NOT remove the center-lock hub and rim/tire (wheel assembly), since again, there were not photos of that as well. Cannot imagine what the "special tool/socket" costs for that Ferrari wheel nut, nor do I want to know. You don`t have such a tool, by the way, do you?? Even if you did, I assume its a pain in the "detailing task" to do so, so this "special task" was not part of this detail. You are correct sir. I did not. I don`t have my own, but the vehicle(s) have one.

Is it me, or did the seats look yellow in some of the photos?? Must be the lighting or camera angle, because outside they do, indeed, look Ferrari-tan (Cuolo Naturale??? Yeah, I looked it up)It`s my lights. I didn`t think to check my photos and reshoot outside in natural light.

I also assume you are using the AquaTek coating on the plastic exterior trim as well, as no plastic-specific product protectant/treatment was mentioned/listed in your detailing repertoire list at the beginning. Correct!

AND my ubiquitous Captain Obvious question: Does the AquaTek coating "behave" differently on a single-stage paint than clear coat?
    IE, do you have to apply it or wipe it off "differently" than when it is used on clear coat??
    Does the AquaTek coating cure "better" (faster or evenly) in the Florida heat and humidity that the 22ple coating? The flash time is shorter. So removal is much faster, work time is shorter and you need to do smaller sections. As for the curing, I don`t know, garage where it`s kept is a/c, as is my space.

I assume the Megs M110 Compound and M210 Polish "twins" are a go-to combo for this particular single-stage paint based on previous experience using them on other single-stage paints with great results as shown, rather than Griot`s Garage BOSS abrasives. Yes, I like Megs on SS paint. I feel it is more `oily` than others and works well on SS paint.

Thanks for posting pics of your detailing exploits on this iconic super-sports car!!!

Oh yes, gotta ask; Any "problems" shifting the transmission with a gated shifter? I know you are only driving it in and out of your garage/shop work area, but I just wonder what it is like to do so and if you have ever driven such a Ferrari with a gated shifter on the open road?

Thank you for the comments and questions! Nope, no issues. And yes, I have driven a gated manual vehicle before, a Lamborghini Murcielago and a few others.

Stay well Lonnie!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That 2-3 clink is unforgettable. Stuck with me as a teenager.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^So satisfying!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information