Post Thanks / Like

Dodge Challenger

2022 Dodge Challenger
    Smokeshow/black interior
    5.7L Hemi
    10K miles

Client’s new vehicle, wanted it corrected and protected. It got what it deserved!

The ‘details’:
    Adam’s shampoo, tire and rubber, wheel cleaner.
    McKee’s37 iron remover.
    Medium clay mitt.
    Master Blaster to dry.
    DeFelsko PTG’s.
    Scangrip lighting.
    HF machinery.
    LC pads.
    Griot’s FCC and Perfecting.
    McKee’37 hydro blue.
    Aquatek ceramic coating.
    Adam’s graphene tire dressing.
    Metro vacuum.
    Adam’s glass cleaner.

Thanks for looking!

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes JaCKISMYDOG, GearHead_1, bigltc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dodge Challenger

It looks great!! Rare color too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Silly, yes, I like that color and saw that it is discontinued and pretty rare to see!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle Chest:
    I must say, I do not see you doing many Mopar vehicles. Love the exterior design/styling of these iconic American muscle cars as one of the last-of-its-kind heritage/eras, but the build-quality has always been "suspect" in my opinion. But until I own one, that may be based on hearsay and a misinformed "non-owner with NO real-world experience" opinion.

While the color is "unique"( a polite way of saying "different"), it reminds me of a faded USA Naval vessel painted in the color. Not sure if it is a dirty white grey, but I gotta hand it to Stellantis-Chrysler for their "unique" color palate choices for perspective owners/leasees who desire such colors that make their vehicles standout and provide a "look-at-me, you-know-who-I-am" attitude.

Nice detailing workmanship, as usual. Nice to mention your use of the "inexpensive" Harbor-Freight (HF) direct-drive orbital machine on this particular vehicle. Keep us informed how it performs and likes/dislikes with this machine as you continue to use it (occasionally, I assume).

One Captain Obvious question: have (or will) you used SONUS MotorKote on engine bays? I ask because I think you told me your detailing of an engine bay usually entails "just wiping it out". Not sure of the exact methodology that entails, but the picture(s) prove it works well for you. Then again, I cannot imagine that the vast majority of the vehicles you detail have THAT dirty of an engine bay. I am a little leery about cleaning engine bays and introducing copious amounts of water by spraying and getting water into sensitive electrical components so prevalent in today`s engine bays, even it is an effective and quick way to clean an engine. Just a personal opinion....
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lonnie!

HF machine is really good and I enjoy using it!! Runs a lot cooler than the Flex 3401..

LOL, I may at some point use it...I have some. I usually will APC it, rinse it out, blow dry it and coat the plastics... aka `just wiping it out` LOL
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes Older liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Sizzle Chest:
    I must say, I do not see you doing many Mopar vehicles. Love the exterior design/styling of these iconic American muscle cars as one of the last-of-its-kind heritage/eras, but the build-quality has always been "suspect" in my opinion. But until I own one, that may be based on hearsay and a misinformed "non-owner with NO real-world experience" opinion.

While the color is "unique"( a polite way of saying "different"), it reminds me of a faded USA Naval vessel painted in the color. Not sure if it is a dirty white grey, but I gotta hand it to Stellantis-Chrysler for their "unique" color palate choices for perspective owners/leasees who desire such colors that make their vehicles standout and provide a "look-at-me, you-know-who-I-am" attitude.

Nice detailing workmanship, as usual. Nice to mention your use of the "inexpensive" Harbor-Freight (HF) direct-drive orbital machine on this particular vehicle. Keep us informed how it performs and likes/dislikes with this machine as you continue to use it (occasionally, I assume).

One Captain Obvious question: have (or will) you used SONUS MotorKote on engine bays? I ask because I think you told me your detailing of an engine bay usually entails "just wiping it out". Not sure of the exact methodology that entails, but the picture(s) prove it works well for you. Then again, I cannot imagine that the vast majority of the vehicles you detail have THAT dirty of an engine bay. I am a little leery about cleaning engine bays and introducing copious amounts of water by spraying and getting water into sensitive electrical components so prevalent in today`s engine bays, even it is an effective and quick way to clean an engine. Just a personal opinion....
    As someone who has had SRT cars since 2006, the mechanical systems have been stellar. In the latest generation, the base interiors are spartan. The optional interiors are excellent, with stitched dashcovers, alcantara heated and cooled seats. It`s a bit dated, but so is the car. The control ergonomics are among the easiest to use. These aren`t sophisticated cars like the RS Audis, M-Series BMW`s, MB AMG`s, etc.

And they`re not supposed to be. These are raucous, brash cars that handle surprisingly well for their size and weight. I use my remote start almost every time I start the car just to hear and feel it when it lights up. Makes me smile every time.

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle Chest, great job. Another tough color you made pop.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Older!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Thread Information