Post Thanks / Like

1993 Toyota Supra!

1993 Toyota Supra
    73,344 Kilometers (45,573 miles)
    Black
    2JZGTE straight six, turbocharged/manual trans

Client wanted his beloved Supra cleaned up some…

Car was full of swirls, scratches, etching, pitting, hazing, solvent pop/lacquer checking/crows feet/etc.
    One of the most difficult paints to date to work on. It was very finicky/sticky/just a pain to work with.

The ‘details’:

Adam’s tire rubber/wheel cleaner/car shampoo.
    McKee’s37 iron remover.
    Medium clay mitt.
    DeFelsko PTG’s.
    Scangrip lighting.
    Flex machinery.
    LC pads.
    Griot’s FCC/Perfecting/Menzerna PF085/Adam’s hand polish.
    McKee’s37 headlight restoring polish.
    Optimum panel wipe.
    22ple Mistico Elemento Forte.
    GYEON tire.
    Adam’s interior detailer.
    Metro vac.

Thanks for looking!

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1993 Toyota Supra!

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a heckova turn around, looks amazing. You and the black cars, always making them mirrors.

Post Thanks / Like

Awsome job !!! looks great, but the real question is,,,,how is it driving a right hand drive car ? .

Post Thanks / Like

Well done

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! Fishing: Strange. Even with the limited time-just moving it around. You find yourself looking up and to the left for the rear view mirror and it`s not there! LOL
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Doing God`s work here, keeping this beauty in good shape. Just from a photography standpoint, I`d wipe your lens. Some of the sunlight photos are getting a haze/halo and it`s definitely not the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Strange. Even with the limited time-just moving it around.
    Yeah, that must have been interesting with the manual and the left hand on the gearshift. But I guess in the garage/driveway at least you don`t have to do any coordinated shifting.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Poison. I dropped it and the lens has a small crack in it...that`s the artifact I`m getting/you are seeing, darn it! Will eventually get a new phone!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes PoisonTheWell liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle Chest:
    Late to this thread with Captain Obvious questions about the "difficulty" of correcting and polishing out this particular Toyota paint.
    1a) I assume this is the original paint.
    1b) Was this a single stage paint? You mentioned "lacquer checking". Is this like clear-coat failure, only in single-stage paint OR is this really a Toyota black true-lacquer paint?
    2a) Were the Menzerna and Adam`s hand polishing considered jeweling/burnishing polishing to "perfect" it to the point it was "Sizzle Chest acceptable" prior to the application of the 22ple Mistico Elemento Forte coating AND was this jeweling anticipated to be done anyway?
    2b) How long did this take you and what pad(s) did you use to do this, including the Adam`s hand polish??

Looks amazing, considering the age of the Supra.
    Does the left-hand drive require special permitting by the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles to be driven on the public streets in Florida??
    Such L-HD vehicles do in the state of Wisconsin.

PS Could not read the text on the fluorescent T-shirt you were wearing reflecting in the black paint. I THINK I`ve seen this shirt before. Yes/No?????
    Good luck with finding a new phone with a decent camera. As I have said before, your photography skills match your detailing skills. BOTH are truly remarkable.
    Thanks for posting!!!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Sizzle Chest:
    Late to this thread with Captain Obvious questions about the "difficulty" of correcting and polishing out this particular Toyota paint.
    1a) I assume this is the original paint. It was repainted in Japan with some unknown low quality paint and painter!
    1b) Was this a single stage paint? You mentioned "lacquer checking". Is this like clear-coat failure, only in single-stage paint OR is this really a Toyota black true-lacquer paint? It was base/clear. And it had crows feet/etc all over.
    2a) Were the Menzerna and Adam`s hand polishing considered jeweling/burnishing polishing to "perfect" it to the point it was "Sizzle Chest acceptable" prior to the application of the 22ple Mistico Elemento Forte coating AND was this jeweling anticipated to be done anywa It was to get it to finish down where I was happy with it. It was NOT anticipated nor going to be done regardless. This was super finicky paint.
    2b) How long did this take you and what pad(s) did you use to do this, including the Adam`s hand polish?? I had it for 3 days. LC pads. A foam hand applicator (Adam`s) was used with the hand polish.

Looks amazing, considering the age of the Supra. Thank you!!
    Does the left-hand drive require special permitting by the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles to be driven on the public streets in Florida??
    Such L-HD vehicles do in the state of Wisconsin. They do not.

PS Could not read the text on the fluorescent T-shirt you were wearing reflecting in the black paint. I THINK I`ve seen this shirt before. Yes/No?????
    Good luck with finding a new phone with a decent camera. As I have said before, your photography skills match your detailing skills. BOTH are truly remarkable.
    Thanks for posting!!!

Yep! You`ve seen that shirt before...one of a handful in my `detailing` wardrobe. Thanks, I will eventually get a new phone!

And I`ve been wondering where you`ve been!!! Hope all is well.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle Chest:
    My "absence" can be attributed to more time spent on my (dumb) smart phone, which I do not "type" with using Talk-a-Type or its diminutive too-small-for-my-thumbs typing (OK, I just do not have nor ever developed that typing skill-set).
    ALMOST all of my thread post responses and new thread topics are typed from my old lap top keyboard and if you saw how I type, it`s a wonder that anything gets typed in a "timely fashion" AKA worst typist in the world.
    But since I have been "officially retired" for the last year (was just "not working" before that for a LONG time) taking a little more time to type out responses is not big issue, UNLESS you talk to my now-also-retired better half who says I spend an inordinate amount of time on this forum when I could/should be doing other things (How many Autopians hear THAT "constructive criticism" concerning a personal hobby or leisure-time interest!!).

I am just wondering if a new thread topic should be started on suggestions for a smart phone to use for photographing and/or videoing detailing tasks and exploits. I can BET with some degree of accuracy that most would suggest a new or almost-new model of an Apple iPhone or a new model of the Google phone. What I find funny or really unique is when I go to mobile phone or cell carrier stores and ask the sales personnel "What do you have as a personal smart phone?" they ALL have Android-based phones, with VERY few exceptions, unless the iPhone has been GIVEN to them because they are the salesperson specializing in selling that line. WHY? They do far more than just take pics and vids with their phone and LOVE the Android operating system that allows for customization of their phone that the IPhone cannot match OR they just HATE HATE HATE being "Stuck" with IPhone apps and the prices they charge for them (their words and experience, not mine).
    Kind of like motorcycle driving/riding instructors, NONE of them that I have talked to own or care to drive a Harley-Davidson motorcycle! (Again, their words, not mine; I do not own or drive a motor cycle. This coming from a Wisconsinite where H-D`s are manufactured and are more prevalent on the Wisconsin roads in the late spring-summer-early fall motorcycle riding season than the other motorcycle makes)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I`m glad you are back to typing!

As for the phone info, I am no guru when it comes to that subject matter!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Thread Information