Post Thanks / Like

Shelby Super Snake GT500

2017 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
    1 of 500 built
    Shadow black w/silver stripes/black interior
    5.0 liter V8/ Whipple supercharger
    6 spd manual, 750HP/700TQ
    3.1 sec 0-60/10.5 sec ¼ mile

Client brought in his 438 mile Super Snake for some much needed attention. He had it ‘detailed’ by someone and…well…you can determine what happened from my before pics. Swirl city!

The ‘details’:

Adam’s eco wheel cleaner, shampoo, glass cleaner, tire/rubber.
    McKee’s37 iron remover.
    Fine clay mitt.
    DeFelsko PTG’s.
    Scangrip lighting.
    Flex machinery.
    LC pads.
    Griot’s FCC and Perfecting cream.
    Optimum panel wipe.
    22ple Mistico Elemento Forte ceramic coating.
    GYEON Tire.

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes 981 Cayman S, Fishing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shelby Super Snake GT500

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Such a crazy cool car, came out great!

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle chest:
    What did you use on the engine compartment? With so few miles on it. I doubt it was THAT dirty, other than the fact it is a 5-year old car.
    I ask because I see that you have used Meg`s Hyper dressing on some of the other vehicles you have detailed and am wondering if you are using the Meg`s Detailer Line Ready-to-Use (RTU) 32 ounce Over-the Counter Hyper Dressing just to try it out.

Sorry that some of the outdoor pics were later in the day, as the diminished waning sunlight (IE; lack of natural light) do not do justice for/to this black Super Snake in the photos.

I am also curious what this Super Snake thought of his vehicle after your detail. I ask because what some detailing "professionals" call "detailing, " can leave a lot to be desired, as evidenced in the "before" pics of this Super Snake`s real exterior condition. Sometimes what sees to be a good deal (AKA, cheap) its not the quality one expects and the proverbial "You get what you pay for" becomes self-evident with good lighting, as your pics revealed. Now the overall concourse-ready stellar appearance matches the pedigreed of the vehicle.

Thanks for posting this Super Snake, Sizzle Chest.
    This coming from a "former" Mustang and Ford aficionado. I say "former" as my REAL affection remains with Subaru`s and Porsche`s (But you DO own and drive a 2006 Ford Freestyle and 2015 Ford Taurus, Captain Obvious. Hey, its a long "economic" story...)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!!!

Lonnie: Engine bay just got a wipe down is all. I didn`t want to get involved in polishing a lot of the aluminum and not having it come out right/factory look as this is a rare/investment vehicle.
    Owner is thrilled and I will be doing more from his collection!

My problem is I like everything!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle Chest:
    Your point about keeping this rare Super Snake in factory-new condition is well taken and I now understand your reluctance to polish the aluminum in the engine bay.

My nephew restores old hi-performance Mustangs/Shelbys for a living and he can attest to this. I even think that Carroll Shelby himself, while not appalled, stated that some of his older Shelbys had been "over-restored" and that some of the things that were done to them (like fully hand-wet-sanded and polished paint in engine bays) were, as he stated, something Shelby America would never do in his shop on the assembly line.

That said, I can also attest to detailing more "pedestrian" vehicles (AKA, daily drivers) and having the owner/leasee/driver state that this is the way the vehicle SHOULD have looked when they bought/leased it from the dealer and/or off the showroom or from the used-car lot. I do take pride in doing that for them, BUT I know of few car sales places, both used or new, that will take the inordinate time and expense (at least in their eyes) to do what I do, and yes, it is "inordinate". There is this "law of diminishing returns" which is simply how much of an advantage or gain is measurable for the time, effort (work), and money spent to do so. Some appreciate AND recognize it; most do not and see this as a waste of time that is representative in money or an excess of overhead that cuts into profits. It is, indeed, a fine line between excessive waste and true attention to detail and just plain obsessive-compulsive detailing (OCD). This point of detailing can be argued/discussed ad nauseum and no consensus or agreement will ever be reached. Let`s just say that "the best is never cheap". Or as I have stated before from my father`s wise admonishment and insight, "If you wanna run with the big dogs, you gotta pay like the big dogs."
    GB detailer

Thread Information