Post Thanks / Like

New Turtle Wax Tire Shine + Flex Wax

Here is a pic of the new Turtle Wax graphene & acrylic tire shine on the Camaro. I followed the instructions: apply, wait 5 minutes and buff the excess. I had to wipe them down again the next day because some of the product was "caught" in the grooves and seeped out onto the tire making it look blotchy.

The other pic is after a full day of polishing with HS Polish & Wax on a Meguiar`s cutting pad, followed by an application of Flex Wax graphene. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH the importance of using the `damp towel / dry towel` removal method. It makes it SO much easier and the results are far better. Even with yesterday`s heat (~85*) the graphene Flex Wax removed very easily and you can see the results...there was NO streaking or smearing.

What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes Tc99m, dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Turtle Wax Tire Shine + Flex Wax

LOL, I posted this on a FaceBook detailer`s page and someone tried to chastise me for topping a polish + wax product, said I should have used a plain polish first.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

So is that tire stuff dry to the touch, I mean really dry/non-greasy like a coating?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    So is that tire stuff dry to the touch, I mean really dry/non-greasy like a coating?
    Yes, it is dry/non greasy. I DID have to wipe it down twice, but that`s because I`m pretty sure I used WAY too much.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Yes, it is dry/non greasy. I DID have to wipe it down twice, but that`s because I`m pretty sure I used WAY too much.
    I may have to try this stuff when I use up my other tire dressings, which will be...never. Let`s see, how many sets of tires have I dressed this year...oh yeah, zero. I did scrub a set this morning, so I may dress them. Some of my tires have been getting my ersatz Optimum Tire Coating....otherwise known as Optimum Gelcoat Restorer, which only comes in quarts...so I probably have about a 100 year supply (I`ve also used this as an ersatz clear-coat...er...not restorer...something to keep the basecoat on after your clear starts to fail). And I still have actual tire dressings still to use up...so unfortunately this product will likely no longer exist (and perhaps I won`t either) buy the time I`m ready to try it.

EDIT: Sorry to be a thread-jacking Mary Contrary, I just don`t seem to have any time anymore for detailing, and so many products from back in the Flavor-of-the-Month days. On the plus side, after this morning, I`m up to two car washes so far this year, and I turned on the outside hose a few weeks ago (for something else), which is a lot better than last year, when I think I turned it on in October.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    EDIT: On the plus side, after this morning, I`m up to two car washes so far this year, and I turned on the outside hose a few weeks ago (for something else), which is a lot better than last year, when I think I turned it on in October.
    Let`s see, counting this time, I`m up to....um this is my 1st wash since October. Work stress, the weather and a general `blah` outlook have kept me from detailing much. I knew better, but I was still trying for perfection and it finally hit me (after the tree pruning tool fell and hit my quarter panel) that my car is as described as above and that while "perfect" is impossible, "damned good" is very possible and achievable as seen above. Since then, I`ve felt better.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Here is a pic of the new Turtle Wax graphene & acrylic tire shine on the Camaro. I followed the instructions: apply, wait 5 minutes and buff the excess. I had to wipe them down again the next day because some of the product was "caught" in the grooves and seeped out onto the tire making it look blotchy.

The other pic is after a full day of polishing with HS Polish & Wax on a Meguiar`s cutting pad, followed by an application of Flex Wax graphene. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH the importance of using the `damp towel / dry towel` removal method. It makes it SO much easier and the results are far better. Even with yesterday`s heat (~85*) the graphene Flex Wax removed very easily and you can see the results...there was NO streaking or smearing.

What do you think?
    After applying try using a detail brush to level out the grooved areas before final wipe down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It looks good!

Nice work.

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Thanks Don thanked for this post

Thread Information