Post Thanks / Like

2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat

2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
    Black/black
    8000 Miles
    707HP/650TQ 6.2L Supercharged V8
    0-60: 3.4 sec/Top speed: 204MPH

Client brought this in for correction of some body shop shenanigans! Front hood was replaced/repainted under warranty due to a corrosion issue. HOLOGRAM city baby! Also a lot of other swirls. I wound up correcting the entire front end. The rest of the vehicle was coated a number of years ago and it was still in great shape!

The ‘details’:
    Adam’s shampoo, wheel cleaner, tire and rubber, glass cleaner.
    Medium clay mitt only on the front end.
    Flex machines.
    LC pads.
    Griot’s FCC and Perfecting cream.
    Optimum panel wipe.
    22ple Mistico Elemento Forte.
    McKee’s37 Hydro blue on wheels/calipers.
    GYEON tire.
    Metro vacuum.
    Scangrip lighting.
    DeFelsko PTG’s.
    McKee’s37 interior detailer.
    McKee’s37 APC.

Thank you for looking!

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes TTBear liked this post
    Thanks TTBear thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes TTBear, dwaleke liked this post
    Thanks TTBear thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sizzle chest:
    So is this ANOTHER vehicle of Darth Vadar`s vast car collection?

Great detailing workmanship. Just wondering HOW the hood could get so swirled and hologrammed, but then my black Freestyle kinda looks the same from drying wipeoffs at the tunnel wash during the winter, so I am guessing that because this area was uncoated, it was swirled from bad washing and drying techniques.
    Are the rims a black matte finish?

What is the exhaust sound like on this Hellcat? I assume that there are some performance cars that can, well, get a "little loud`, much to the chagrin of your neighbors as you drive them in-and-out of your shop/garage.

Thanks for posting.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    What is the exhaust sound like on this Hellcat? I assume that there are some performance cars that can, well, get a "little loud`, much to the chagrin of your neighbors as you drive them in-and-out of your shop/garage.
    My friend (RIP) had a Charger Hellcat and I didn’t realize it was a Hellcat when I first rode in it. I had a hard time believing it was a Hellcat because it was so refined and smooth. It wasn’t until he got on it a little and I heard the supercharger that I truly bought in that it was a Hellcat. I think Dodge did a great job straddling the line between livable and powerful. Exhaust was strong and you knew it was a powerful car but it is somewhat restrained and not trying to beat people over the head with how much power it has. And I like that because with that much power, you don’t need to beat your chest.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Lonnie: exhaust was aftermarket and a bit raucous!! Hood was repainted\replaced under warranty. The craftsmanship was via the body shop!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    My friend (RIP) had a Charger Hellcat and I didn’t realize it was a Hellcat when I first rode in it. I had a hard time believing it was a Hellcat because it was so refined and smooth. It wasn’t until he got on it a little and I heard the supercharger that I truly bought in that it was a Hellcat. I think Dodge did a great job straddling the line between livable and powerful. Exhaust was strong and you knew it was a powerful car but it is somewhat restrained and not trying to beat people over the head with how much power it has. And I like that because with that much power, you don’t need to beat your chest.
    Funny, but true story, about that very thing!
    Recently I saw White Porsche 911 Carrera S4 parked in a local grocery store parking lot. Seeing the owner get out of this extraordinary car seldom seen in these parts of the USA and walk across the parking lot, I approached her and asked if I could look at her car. She said yes and I went over to view and oogle at said car. Shortly she came back to the car to ask me if I wanted to see the inside as well, which she unlocked to allow me that privilege. It belonged to her husband and they special ordered a host of options from the factory through the dealer and waited a full year to take delivery. It was 2021. What was funny is she says that when see drives it, young men in their performance cars ALWAYS want to race her as stop lights, looking over, nodding their head in the "let`s go" head bob or mouth the silent "Wanna race?" and then rev their performance vehicle to let her know that they want to do so. She said she mouths "WHY" to them and laughs and never gives in. It`s a pointless and fruitless effort in futility, knowing full well she could blow their doors off without even trying. She and her husband KNOW they have THE defacto-standard fastest vehicle EVERYONE tries to say they raced and how close they came to beating it. Close, but no cigar!!!

AND the week before someone in a Maserati Ghibli Trofeo was parked at the same local grocery parking lot. Again, being the car guy I am, I talked briefly to the owner, sensing he had "other things" to do. I thanked him, but as I walked away, he started this very rarely seen vehicle. It was THE loudest production car I`ve ever heard. It made a Mustang Shelby 350 sound tame. I do not know if there was a special exhaust valve on this Maserati that the owner could open up to "sound" this way, but it was LOUD!
    GB detailer
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    ...She and her husband KNOW they have THE defacto-standard fastest vehicle EVERYONE tries to say they raced and how close they came to beating it. Close, but no cigar!!!
    Well... not EVERYONE. She and her husband would both be disappointed if they lined up with a Tesla Plaid. As a lover of ICE engines, it pains me to say that the Tesla would dust it to 170 mph and if they`ve had the electrical gurus on it to 200.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Well... not EVERYONE. She and her husband would both be disappointed if they lined up with a Tesla Plaid. As a lover of ICE engines, it pains me to say that the Tesla would dust it to 170 mph and if they`ve had the electrical gurus on it to 200.
    I recently went on a trip and rented a Tesla Model 3 with dual motors so ~4.5s 0-60. When I first got it, it was in chill mode and acceleration was…decent. I switched it to standard acceleration and it was the fastest car I’ve ever driven. If I wanted to pass someone at any speed (didn’t get on it past 70 much), I don’t think anyone but the fastest of sports cars or other electric vehicles could stop me from passing them. I thought it was a great car with some quirks, just wish it was a little smoother and quieter. I’d probably kill myself with a Model S Plaid or a Model 3 Performance but I’d have the biggest grin on my face every time I got behind the wheel.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I had a chance to go for a ride in a Plaid about 2 months ago. Ive been around the fastest of cars my whole life. I`ve even driven top alcohol dragsters back in the day, I am not easily impressed. A Plaid in Cheetah mode is completely beyond anything I can describe. I was not a believer when I read that this car could break two seconds 0-60. Under the right circumstances, I now believe it could.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We Autopians will just have to wait until some Telsa Plaid owner brings their EV car to Sizzle Chest to detail.

Sorry Sizzle Chest; did not mean to hi-jack this thread about your detailing of the Dodge Hellcat to one about my rarely-seen performance cars [at least to me!) stories and morph it into a Tesla EV 0-to-60 fest!

I am a life-long Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) proponent/advocate. But, times they are a changin`, and long-held notions and beliefs can be challenged or even changed with new, emerging technologies and innovations. Witness coatings versus waxes as an example.
    But that`s another thread topic. I`ve "hi-jacked" this one enough!!!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

It looks Awesome!

GREAT work!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike! And no worries Lonnie! I don`t mind!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Thread Information