Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation It`s Hammered! 2016 Tahoe

Sizzle Chest:
    I will first say, Welcome to detailing daily-driven, neglected vehicles like the the rest of us "mortal detailers" do! Never thought you would take on such a vehicle in that condition.
    Difference is that this Tahoe that you did turned out soooooo much better that I can ever do.

Second, I do not think I ever saw you use Scholl`s Concepts compounds before. Is this something you had in your detailing product arsenal for such "projects" as this? Did you use the GG Fast correcting Creme (compound) between the S0 Mattting (sandpaper-in-bottle) and the S3 one-step compound and was the S3 more like a `polish" with the type of foam pad you used?? Any thoughts and opinions on using and the end results of the Scholls Concepts compared to the Griot`s Garage BOSS compounds and polishes?

Third, I see you are wearing glasses, judging by the your reflection in the now mirror-like black paint of this Tahoe. Are they a prescription lens or are they OTC reading (AKA cheater) glasses??

Thanks for posting this "project" Tahoe. I think the owner had a nickname for this vehicle before he brought it to you: SCRATCH!

And by the way, the owner paid you one of the highest compliments that any detailer worth their salt can take pride in, saying that their vehicle looks even better than the day they bought it, despite driving it for several years.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation It`s Hammered! 2016 Tahoe

I was waiting for you to chime in Lonnie!! And I KNEW you`d comment on the choice of compounds!

Yes, I have had them in my arsenal for such cases. I have only used it once before and it is SUPER SUPER AGGRESSIVE. I mean, their description hits it right on the head.
    Yes, the S3 finished down the S0, then I refined it a bit more with the Griot`s FCC.

You can`t compare these to the Griot`s offerings as they are so much more aggressive than Griot`s. I mean, leaps and bounds. I initially started with FCC and it wouldn`t touch the defects, glossed the area up quite a bit, but negative on the correction.

Don`t I look intellectual! LOL

And thank you! I too was happy to hear that from them!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information