Post Thanks / Like

Generations Apart, United By A Common Passion: The Story Of How A 2016 Ram Met Essence + PBLv2.

Gonna switch it up here and share my day with you all...and you`re in luck because it comes with a back story:

About two months ago or so I received a call from an individual who, come to find out, found out about me via my created thread attempting to get together Central TX detailers for a Meet and Greet (something I`m still interested in BTW-just a tad busy like us all).

He owns a Mopar. A Metallic Blue 2016 Ram with a Hemi. Me working on a Mopar? Who would have thought it, right?

Generations Apart, United By A Common Passion: The Story Of How A 2016 Ram Met Essence + PBLv2.

He discussed a desire to have it polished, said he had a Jiggly Machine (PC) but didn`t really want to tackle the entire project.
    I discussed my business with him as well as his options, and then he asked me if I would apply his supplied products (wg 3.0 and 845) after polishing his truck.

We discussed what he liked about those specific products, a few other products, and I talked to him about coatings.

He later drove over for an inspection.

The truck was already, IMHO, in better-than-new condition. Also, tastefully modified. Even under the hood.

He opted for a 1step and coating and week or so later we booked for September at that time (July), amidst my upcoming crazy August full of Mopars.

He asked me if I would be okay with him assisting in the detail. Sure, why not...he was already an Autopian and appeared to know what he was doing, so who am I to deny my de facto Autopia family such a request.

So then came today.

9am arrival. He had already washed the truck and clayed it with his nanoskin mitt.

Hit the wheels/paint with Ferex and brushes

2bm
    Micros
    Super Slick N Suds
    Ultimate detail brush

Only the wheels bled. Baggie test showed no need to clay afterwards.

Dried with my Blaster and PFM.

Brought out the whole family to play...
    Rupes Lhr21 Mark ii - " the beast"
    Rupes Lhr12e aka "Duetto"
    Rupes Lhr75e aka "Mini"
    Rupes Nano iBird long neck (wielded by helper on small pieces all around)

Rupes Yellow Pads w/essence
    OPT paint prep
    Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating v2
    Pinnacle Black Label Coating Booster
    Pinnacle Black Label Detailer

P808 on wheels, exhaust, and nerf boards (helper)

Bold n bright spray via carrand tire applicator

Garage wouldn`t close, truck barely too long..bye bye AC

Neighbors across street and a house down mowing lawns- leaf blowers, grr.

50s Jams and Classic Country for tunes

One dead battery (yes, directly related to the aforementioned Jams...probably because there was no Sinatra today, lol kidding)

One random rain shower (if not for dead battery truck would have Just been pulled outside! Yikes..got it boosted via other neighbors jumper and then immediately it poured for about 10 mins)

One long day (9-630. no lunch)
    One subsequent inside joke about "dynamite"
    One common bond united

One Sweet Outcome

If you find this thread, Jay, you`re a Rockstar, Sir. Thanks for hanging in there today. And thanks for allowing this "young man" to welcome your beautiful Mopar into the new (scientific) world of detailing.

:Autopia Rules:

Oh, yeah...the pics... haha

Thanks for viewing.

Jazz Blue Challenger on the brunch delivery menu tomorrow Get ready...

-Brandt K.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes Migue, Ronkh, Nizmo, rottenII, Stokdgs and 6 others liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Generations Apart, United By A Common Passion: The Story Of How A 2016 Ram Met Essence + PBLv2.

Looks awesome, very nice reflections. Good thing you had help to knock it out sooner, trucks are always so time consuming for me.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Generations Apart, United By A Common Passion: The Story Of How A 2016 Ram Met Essence + PBLv2.

Nice work!

Pull to tow ford? hmmmmmm

Cool story
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic job !!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Neat color!
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

I love this body style. I hope Ram doesn`t go more towards the "Ram" grill style. The best feature is the dual exhaust and those little cutouts for the exhaust.

cool story and awesome looking work.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome story and great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Brandt - Happy Labor Day !!!

Absolutely beautiful color, work, and attention to Detail !
    You and the Owner - rocked it !!!
    Incredible Clarity and Gloss !

You need to always have a long heavy gauge set of jumper cables in your garage..

And also very important - a Deltran Battery Tender Plus little battery float charger with some extra long cable extensions to connect to the battery, and be able to shut the hood if possible, and still plug it in somewhere...

I always hook every vehicle up to the Deltran soon as it comes into the garage for the Interior finish marathon, and if its staying overnight, the Deltran can be left on it and it will not hurt or overcharge the battery ever, in my decades of using mine...

On some vehicles as you well know, the battery is not very charged up even when you get the vehicle, so all those doors open, lights on, etc., will knock it down way too fast... The Deltran will give it some slow charging (which is better for the battery), and not ever over-charge it like my big battery charger will do if I dont watch it...

I even wired up very easily the connectors to my Jeep battery and often plug it into the charger when its in the garage for a few days..
    The connector wire comes off the battery, goes down the space between the front end and the front grill and comes out the bottom, so its not in the way and not seen easily.. Just plug it into the wire coming from the Deltran, plug the Deltran into the wall and your are good!

Thanks for all that great work, pictures, and write up ! You and some of the other guys out here all have a great talent for taking great pictures..
    DanF
    Thanks 512detail thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great story and write up! Some fantastic reflections!!! Thanks for posting up!!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- I really enjoyed this one! Sounds like the two of you had a good time getting it done.

Post Thanks / Like

I only got one thing to say-----that kid worked my ass off!!!!! I`m to old for this. He did a great job, put up with an "old guy" all day, told me a dozen times the battery would die of we kept listening to his favorite music(not), and taught me about lots of products I`d never used before. The results were outstanding and better than the results is the fact that I have made a great friend. Thanks man, you certainly are a true expert and the final results show it. It was truly a productive day and both my truck and I say THANK YOU!!!!!
    Jay
    Likes 512detail, dieselwrench, Migue liked this post
    Thanks 512detail thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing work Brandt!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone.

I can`t believe we got it all done that day. Definitely couldn`t have done it myself.

I think from now on Jay may want to look into the Ron wash method (RWM) with wet coat and cure or similar.

Heck, I think I`m gonna try that on my car next time I wash it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Thread Information