Post Thanks / Like

Brilliance Auto: Weekend Cleanup - 2009 BMW Z4, 2016 GMC Sierra

Hello Friends!

My first two real details of the season. I must first apologize in advance for the lack of pictures and the potential quality of said pictures, I was working on a very tight time schedule for both vehicles and also encountered some inclement weather that I needed to work around. Without further ado:

2009 BMW Z4 Xdrive 3.0l:

Client is a friend of mine who goes to the same gym as myself. I asked him if he has every had the vehicle detailed and told me he was out looking for places to have it done. I kindly offered my services and we settled for the Brilliance Prestige package, which is a full detail plus an AIO polish. Vehicle was in pretty good shape, outside just had some minor swirling and hard water spots. Inside was near perfect, just needing a quick dusting and cleanup.

Process and Products:
    2 bucket wash method
    Chemical Guys Maxi Suds
    Chemical Guys Silk Shine
    Chemical Guys Leather Conditioner
    Chemical Guys APC
    P21S Wheel Gel
    Adam`s Wheel Woolies
    Nanoskin Wash Mit
    Invisible Glass
    HD Speed on a PCXP Speed 5 with microfiber finishing pad
    HD Poxy

Wheel Before:

P21S doing its thing. I absolutely love this stuff, super easy to use and just melts away brake dust.

After:
    There were still some tar deposits and streaking left over which was addressed later.

These are the only two close up shots I have of the paint, so my apologies. As mentioned before it was mostly just light to medium swirls. The metallic really popped afterwards!

And a few after shots I was able to squeeze in:

Unfortunately no shots of the interior, but the everything was wiped down with APC 10:1 and then dressed with Chemical Guys Slik Shine, seats were cleaned and conditioned with Chemical Guys Leather Conditioner. Carpets and mats were shampooed. Overall the client was over the moon with the results. The car had amazing clarity in the paint, and felt like new. Overall working time was about 4-5 hours.

Up next was my Sister`s Fiance`s truck, which was pretty much brand new but takes a beating due to his job and very large dog. Overall same process as above, however we opted out of paint correction and went with a spray wax instead due to the rain and time constraints.

Over all just very dirty:

Some salt staining on the side of the driver mat:

Dirt on the door from dirty boots kicking the door

Dog hair!! that was from one weekend...

Dirty back seat:

Front passenger side:

50/50 of the dashboard:

No more hair!

All done:

The outside was washed, then washed again with the Nanoskin wash mitt, topped with a spray wax. Literally as soon as I finished applying the wax the rain started to drizzle again. No pictures of the outside as again I was working furiously to meet a deadline, they were actually waiting at the house for the truck to be completed since their afternoon obligation was canceled due to rain. Overall working time was about 4-5 hours or so.

Thank you all for looking!
    Likes Migue, mjlinane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brilliance Auto: Weekend Cleanup - 2009 BMW Z4, 2016 GMC Sierra

Nice work......a worthwhile investment for your sister-s fiance would be a set of Weathertech mats.....would def save his carpet some wear and tear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Nice work......a worthwhile investment for your sister-s fiance would be a set of Weathertech mats.....would def save his carpet some wear and tear
    Its too funny you mention that because my dad was telling him to get Husky liners as soon as he saw the inside of the truck haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Irkie500 View Post
    Its too funny you mention that because my dad was telling him to get Husky liners as soon as he saw the inside of the truck haha
    Good floor liners are a good investment....I do not know much about the Husky ones, but the Weathertech digital-fit floor liners are pricey

Post Thanks / Like

Great job!!
    Likes Irkie500 liked this post

Thread Information