Been waiting forever to post this up!`
`
This is actually my first paint correction for 2014 and I have been spending a lot of time on it. In between my breaks I have been detailing other cars or waiting on rainy weather to pass. I think the whole process was over 2 months long until I finally completed it. I`m the 2nd owner of this beautiful F Sport Lexus and it`s my daily driver. Unfortunately it was washed by Lexus dealership several times before it came to my hands.. so I just do what I do best.. polished away!
`
Here`s my process:
`
Exterior Wash/Decon
Tires/ Wheels - Nothing! I will show everyone in another thread..
Foam Presoak - Dp Xtreme Foam + Griot`s Foam Gun
Wash - CarPro Rest + Shmitts
Iron/Tar Removal - CarPro Trix
Paint Decontamination - ONR + Fine Grade Autoscrub Mitt
`
Paint Correction
Compound - Rupes Zephir /w Rupes` Blue MF Pads via Rupes LHR15ES and Rupes LHR75e`
Polish - Rupes White Diamond /w Rupes` White Foam Pads via Rupes LHR15ES and Rupes LHR75e`
Coating Prep - IPA Wipedown x2 + CarPro Eraser
Roof + Rocker Coating - Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0
All other paint panels + headlights/taillights - CarPro CQuartz UK 2014
`
Foam Wash

`
Initial Condition

`
Swirls and deep scratches

`
During Compound

`

`

`
50/50 shot after polish

`
Rocker

`
Pretty much the whole car is in the same condition

`
After

`

`

`
Roof - Before

`
Roof - After

`
I decided to coat the roof and rocker with Opti-coat instead of Cquartz UK. I had opti-coat on my previous car and I was very happy but I have been reading on Cquartz for many months and it brings an effect to darken the paint. I had to try it.
`
Roof - After Opti-coat 2.0

`
Bumper - Before

`

`
Bumper 50/50

`
After

`
Getting ready for CQUK 2014!

`
Another shot before CQUK 2014 application

`
After shots in the sun

`

`

`
Look at that gloss!

`

`
Last one

`
After thoughts
After polishing the whole car it really made me thought twice about maintaining a black soft paint car for a daily driver.. and its parked outside with winter every year.. Sigh lol
I should also mention it was my first time I applied CQUK and I think I applied it a bit thick.. wiping it off was not easy but I learned from trial and error from my experiences
`
Thanks for viewing, I hope everyone liked it!